How to find qualified leads?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
zacb
Experienced Poster

How to find qualified leads?

Post by zacb »

I remember awhile back on a documentary on Google and how people's privacy is affected by Google. There was this one section where they were able to look up someones equifax and similar information. Does anyone know how to do that? If not, what would be some other ways to find targeted leads for cold calling? Thanks!
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to find qualified leads?

Post by Jester »

zacb wrote: (1)
I remember awhile back on a documentary on Google and how people's privacy is affected by Google. There was this one section where they were able to look up someones equifax and similar information. Does anyone know how to do that? If not, what would be some other ways to find targeted leads for cold calling? Thanks!
Make friends with a real estate agent. He can ask his title rep to run some leads.

Specify if you want phone numbers. Most don't, but when I did this a few years ago you could specify to only give you ones that have the phone number.

They will have to filter out everyone who is on the do-not-call list.

The leads your real estate agent friend receives should then be okay to call.

Do NOT tell anyone where the leads came from.

(2)
Another great way is to use the Yellow Pages, and just ask for the owner of the business. Easy-peasy. Businesses with "display" ads usually have more money. Obviously you only want businesses owned locally. Native-born White American men are the best buyers over the phone.

(3) I used to write down leads at the library, using the Haines Cross-Cross directory, or Dun & Bradstreet. Both give you businesses organized by business type or geography. Not sure if these publications are still around.

(4) A mailing list broker can get you what you want, but they want to sell thousands of leads, and hate to give phone numbers. ONLY use them to call businesses, because I dont think they check against the do-not-call list for residences.

NOTE:
You can sell almost anything in America, but NOT investments. Don't ask for investment over the phone unless you know the person, and he knows something about that type of business.

Or you can call for investors if they are "Accredited", meaning over a million liquid. Just ask if they are accredited up front. Best way to identify this would be to buy that list specificsally, or to target old guys with a lot of apartment buidings they owned for 20 plus years.

PS you should google to see if these rules have changed, I havent done it in over 10 years.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jester wrote: NOTE:
You can sell almost anything in America, but NOT investments. Don't ask for investment over the phone unless you know the person, and he knows something about that type of business.

Or you can call for investors if they are "Accredited", meaning over a million liquid. Just ask if they are accredited up front. Best way to identify this would be to buy that list specificsally, or to target old guys with a lot of apartment buidings they owned for 20 plus years.

PS you should google to see if these rules have changed, I havent done it in over 10 years.
I know that a person can NOT sell investment. Can any person sell an investment plan? They write a plan mentioning specific investments and the buyer can use it or not use it. They don't sell an investment or manage anything. That could be a decent way for financially skilled individuals to earn money.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:
Jester wrote: NOTE:

I know that a person can NOT sell investment. Can any person sell an investment plan? They write a plan mentioning specific investments and the buyer can use it or not use it. They don't sell an investment or manage anything. That could be a decent way for financially skilled individuals to earn money.
AFAIK, newsletter writers (about securities) are required to register as Investment Advisers depending on their subscription base etc.

OTOH, a newsletter about investing in real estate or collectibles would generally be exempt. The PTB do check these areas carefully for fraud, though.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I am not asking for investment over the phone. I am asking for an appointment over the phone.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com