Why does the US dollar keep going down?!

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Why does the US dollar keep going down?!

Post by Winston »

Why does the dollar keep going down? Now it's at only 43.5 pesos per dollar in the PH! Expats are feeling the crunch, and to make matters worse, prices keep rising in the PH! Why don't they stop this torture?

Will the dollar ever rise again?

And the PH government keeps raising immigration fees. Sheesh. For what? They provide no services, even to their own people. So why are they taking money? Greed like that ticks me off.

I've also never seen a government that charges fees for people to fly out of their airports. The PH immigration charges foreigners 750p (or 600p sometimes) to leave at the airport and it's own citizens and permanent residents (including foreigners with residency visas) 1650p! I know of no other government that does that. Not even the greedy Russian government does that.

I hate greed. It sickens me!
Last edited by Winston on April 16th, 2013, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

It isn't greed. The US monetary policy has been weakening the US Dollar for 8 years or more. Used to be 56 PHP to the USD now 43 to the USD. As long as the US treasury spends 1,800 Billion more than it takes in tax revenues and funds the rest via debt sales to China or the FOMC buying US debt issuance outright, the US dollar will weaken on the international market.

I am counting on it as my assets are in Yen and Yuan. I look forward to that fateful week when the US Dollar crashes and my Yuan holdings double, triple or more.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why does the dollar keep going down? 43.5 pesos = 1 doll

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I've also never seen a government that charges fees for people to fly out of their airports. The PH immigration charges foreigners 750p (or 600p sometimes) to leave at the airport and it's own citizens and permanent residents (including foreigners with residency visas) 1650p! I know of no other government that does that. Not even the greedy Russian government does that.
I hate greed. It sickens me!
Airport tax is usually added to the price of the ticket. PH is an exception where you pay cash at the airport.
crosiss
Freshman Poster

Post by crosiss »

Because in 1970 richard nixion shut the on the dollar being backed by gold now the dollar is back buy the future employment of our children. the way they make money is absurd. first the government calls the federal resurve and says were broke we need money gov gives the feds fancy paper called it bonds then the fed gives them money. new money takes value from old money you ready for INFLATION

ALL MONEY IN CIRULATION IS CREATED FROM DEBT.

Federal resurve has been around since 1914 it is now 2010 that means 96 years
Inflation is up 94% for the first 2 years there was no intrest for 94 years the dollar has
gone up in inflation and down in value
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

After a long time being at 40p to the dollar, it has now risen to 41.10p to the dollar. Yay!!! Does that mean the dollar is climbing back up again?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Pinaylover
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinaylover »

Winston wrote:After a long time being at 40p to the dollar, it has now risen to 41.10p to the dollar. Yay!!! Does that mean the dollar is climbing back up again?

Nope look to this recent gold crash as all the more reason to buy and hold more physical gold. Things are gonna get ugly here over the next 10 years. Mark my words
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The dollars decline actually started as soon as the Fed started printing US dollars in 1913 but has accelerated greatly since 2002 which has caused the price of gold to rise. The Fed is currently printing $20,000 a second which is causing a dollar devaluation and in the process turning the US into a third world country. Soon, the peso and dollar will be at par and there won't be any point in leaving the Philippines to go back home.

US Dollar Compared To Gold Chart
http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com/20 ... chart.html
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does the US dollar keep going down?!

Post by Winston »

Look! The US dollar is gaining now! The dollar - peso rate is now 47 to 1!

http://www.x-rates.com/table/?from=PHP&amount=1

So much for Taco's doom and gloom "dollar is gonna crash" theories. lol

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:Look! The US dollar is gaining now! The dollar - peso rate is now 47 to 1!

http://www.x-rates.com/table/?from=PHP&amount=1

So much for Taco's doom and gloom "dollar is gonna crash" theories. lol
Mr. Wu, please spare us your shoot from the hip economics, Taco will be correct in the long run. The world wide monetary system is going to crap right now under the Petro $. Why do you think all the gold is moving east ?, they are getting ready for a new reserve currency that's why.

Wait to you see what's coming up for the $ and people who are caught with them in their portfolio, if you have any complaints about the world economically coming up in the future you file them with who ??????
Time to Hide!
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

This year the Mexican peso devalued greatly against the US dollar. When I first set foot in Mexico in February, the echange rate was 15 MXN to the dollar, but after I left in July and before I went to Guadalajara last month, the peso devalued against the dollar again. Now it's between 16 and 17 pesos to the dollar.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jim Willie has been claiming for some time the $ will rise before it crashes.
Time to Hide!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Moretorque wrote:Jim Willie has been claiming for some time the $ will rise before it crashes.
The U.S. Dollar Index (DXY) ended the week at 99.61, its highest level in more than a decade. A strong dollar makes it virtually impossible for global commodity prices, including oil, to rally.

When the price of the most important commodity(oil) in the world collapses by more than 60% and stays there, people need to pay attention. It means that something is wrong with the global economy. The price of oil is going to stay low for much longer than people think.

U.S. Dollar Index
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/in ... style=1013
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Martin Armstrong estimates the USDX to rise to over 120. Currently at 99. If this happens there will be tremendous monetary system problems. USD has an inverse relationship with commodities and gold.

Bull Market in Stocks, U$D Far From Over
http://henrymakow.com/2015/11/Bull-Mark ... tocks.html

If China Killed The Commodities Supercycle, The Strong Dollar Is Set To Bury It
http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/i ... iveOldPost

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Vegascook
Freshman Poster

Post by Vegascook »

Well the biggest reason is that the dollar is fiat currency, paper not backed by precious metals or any other commodity. The ever increasing national debt is also devaluing the dollar as well. Our government just creates new digital currency every time the debt ceiling is reached. New paper currency is not printed fast enough to cover bad debt sustained by an out of control government that spends far more than tax revenues bring in. Trade deficits across the board with our so called trade "partners" like China, Japan, Korea, etc. We are a nation of consumers that has shipped the bulk of our industry and technical capacity to the very competitors who buy up bad debt created by our government. The US dollar will inevitably decline and crash due to the fact that no modern nation has spent its way to prosperity by creating excessive debt through increasing currency. Zimbabwe would be the ultimate example of how a central government can destroy a currency and the only reason America hasn't fallen down in like manner is because of our clout with the International Monetary Fund. Our whole economy is propped up by control of international banking, commodity exchanges (pricing oil in $), and the coercion of other nations with whom we trade. I invest in silver, gold, platinum, and stocks that can't be crippled by a meltdown in the USD. If for example the US did return to a precious metal standard out of sheer necessity those of us with the foresight to purchase these commodities will reap enormous yields and if the federal government doesn't do so a crash will result which would make precious metals even more attractive. Honest money is tangible precious metals you can hold and paper currency is over-priced toilet paper with a pretty design printed on it.