Would this be legal?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

HouseMD just saved zacb from spending years in prison, great work!
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

SilverEnergy wrote:HouseMD just saved zacb from spending years in prison, great work!
So if Zacb goes to country X, which has the age of consent at 14 years old, and he happens to meet and bed a 14 year old lover, then he can still be arrested by (US federal marshals?), because the USA law of 16 years old consent age follows him to every other country in the world even though 18 years old is the age of consent within the US? That's really weird.

So, to play it safe in country X, Zacb needs to make sure that his little angel is at least 16 years old?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

rudder wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:HouseMD just saved zacb from spending years in prison, great work!
So if Zacb goes to country X, which has the age of consent at 14 years old, and he happens to meet and bed a 14 year old lover, then he can still be arrested by (US federal marshals?), because the USA law of 16 years old consent age follows him to every other country in the world even though 18 years old is the age of consent within the US? That's really weird.

So, to play it safe in country X, Zacb needs to make sure that his little angel is at least 16 years old?
It is weirder than that, since the age of consent in some US states is less than 16, so sex with a 15 year old might be legal in the state you come from, legal in the host country you go to, but illegal according to the feds for a US citizen overseas. Very strange.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Cornfed wrote:
rudder wrote:

It is weirder than that, since the age of consent in some US states is less than 16, so sex with a 15 year old might be legal in the state you come from, legal in the host country you go to, but illegal according to the feds for a US citizen overseas. Very strange.
Actually, all states are 16, since federal law (I forgot which) mandates it. At one point, Wisconsin had 14, same for Canada until a few years ago.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I wonder why they raised it. Is that a revenue-generating mechanism or what? All the media and hormones in the food are sexualizing American girls at such a young age. Plus girls are naturally attracted to older men. And everyone knows that girls go through puberty significantly sooner than males, so they should at least make the age of consent for girls a couple years younger.

Has anyone around my age noticed how much nicer and sweeter and INTERESTED the 15-17 year old girls are compared to girls in their twenties? I mean Lady Gaga is telling them to take a "ride on your disco stick," so you know that of course they want it. She would be the coolest girl in school for taking you to the prom, but then again, you would be looked down on.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

rudder wrote:I wonder why they raised it. Is that a revenue-generating mechanism or what? All the media and hormones in the food are sexualizing American girls at such a young age. Plus girls are naturally attracted to older men. And everyone knows that girls go through puberty significantly sooner than males, so they should at least make the age of consent for girls a couple years younger.

Has anyone around my age noticed how much nicer and sweeter and INTERESTED the 15-17 year old girls are compared to girls in their twenties? I mean Lady Gaga is telling them to take a "ride on your disco stick," so you know that of course they want it. She would be the coolest girl in school for taking you to the prom, but then again, you would be looked down on.
Actually, no. Little younger than that, yes.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com