Your Bank Account Was Stolen This Morning

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Beginning November 16th holders of large-scale deposits will be just another creditor fighting to regain their share of the assets of a failed bank. Banks will no longer recognize your deposits as money. The regulations requiring that your money be insured by the FDIC are no longer in effect. Additionally, your bank account has been collateralized against the derivatives debt.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/ ... s-morning/

Last edited by Taco on November 16th, 2014, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Your Bank Account Was Stolen This Morning

Post by Teal Lantern »

No mention of this in the MSM.
Thanks, Taco.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Taco wrote:Beginning November 16th holders of large-scale deposits will be just another creditor fighting to regain their share of the assets of a failed bank. Banks will no longer recognize your deposits as money. The regulations requiring that your money be insured by the FDIC are no longer in effect. Additionally, your bank account has been collateralized against the derivatives debt.

Hmmm...let me see. No more FDIC insurance effective immediately and most personal and business deposits are already GONE. Of course, the economy WILL TOTALLY COLLAPSE this week.

In that light, I AM TOTALLY screwed, because I have a large chunk of my In-laws money- enough to pay cash for a house in the Sacramento area. So now I guess all that money is GONE. Crap. Just my luck.
I was planning to transfer that money to a Sacramento area bank this week too, so instead my account will
be EMPTY! Double crap!

I will let you all know how this turns out, because according to this article my funds on deposit with a major bank are effing GONE!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:Beginning November 16th holders of large-scale deposits will be just another creditor fighting to regain their share of the assets of a failed bank. Banks will no longer recognize your deposits as money. The regulations requiring that your money be insured by the FDIC are no longer in effect. Additionally, your bank account has been collateralized against the derivatives debt.

Hmmm...let me see. No more FDIC insurance effective immediately and most personal and business deposits are already GONE. Of course, the economy WILL TOTALLY COLLAPSE this week.

In that light, I AM TOTALLY screwed, because I have a large chunk of my In-laws money- enough to pay cash for a house in the Sacramento area. So now I guess all that money is GONE. Crap. Just my luck.
I was planning to transfer that money to a Sacramento area bank this week too, so instead my account will
be EMPTY! Double crap!

I will let you all know how this turns out, because according to this article my funds on deposit with a major bank are effing GONE!
Come-on Outwest, you're smarter than that...I hope. Your money will not likely disappear this week, get real. You've lived long enough not to panic so easily.

"the economy WILL TOTALLY COLLAPSE this week" - Is that your prediction or do you at least believe that?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

:lol: Gotcha...lol. Could you not have noted a bit of sarcasm in my post...???

And you spoiled my breathless follow up post...later this week...like on Wed...Hot damn folks, my money is still there! Am I just effing LUCKY OR WHAT!

That is right folks, you read it FIRST on HA...tin foil hats and black helicopters swooping in...
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-1 ... -line.html

According to an article on Bloomberg the change was that depositors with large bank balances in excess of the FDIC limit will be treated as part of the capital structure of the bank (similar to creditors and shareholders). So they might still get their $250,000 but anything over that would likely be partly or fully recapitalized by the bank as a bail-in. There's a chance it could start at $100,000 because it "large deposits" wasn't defined as a numerical figure.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

OutWest wrote: Hmmm...let me see. No more FDIC insurance effective immediately and most personal and business deposits are already GONE. Of course, the economy WILL TOTALLY COLLAPSE this week.

In the long term you are indeed screwed. The article is merely pointing out that the money previously considered yours is now owned by the banksters. This does not necessarily mean they will claim it immediately.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OutWest wrote::lol: Gotcha...lol. Could you not have noted a bit of sarcasm in my post...???

And you spoiled my breathless follow up post...later this week...like on Wed...Hot damn folks, my money is still there! Am I just effing LUCKY OR WHAT!

That is right folks, you read it FIRST on HA...tin foil hats and black helicopters swooping in...
Actually when I read your post, I did not note any sarcasm. Maybe I've been reading too much stuff lately from Taco and his crew.

BUT...later during the day when I was commuting, I thought about it again and somehow it hit me that yes, your post must have been sarcastic. It's like my right brain kicked in and gave me a reality check. You are not one of those off the wall posters but what you said was extreme - doesn't compute but I missed that this morning when my logical brain just focused on your words without considering more the context, FACE PALM. Does that make sense?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

According to the article, 1.15% of all deposits are now insured by the FDIC. If you have $100,000 in a bank account, your guaranteed just under $1200 if your bank goes bankrupt. Its better than what MF global gave out when they went bankrupt.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
OutWest wrote::lol: Gotcha...lol. Could you not have noted a bit of sarcasm in my post...???

Actually when I read your post, I did not note any sarcasm. Maybe I've been reading too much stuff lately from Taco and his crew.

BUT...later during the day when I was commuting, I thought about it again and somehow it hit me that yes, your post must have been sarcastic. It's like my right brain kicked in and gave me a reality check. You are not one of those off the wall posters but what you said was extreme - doesn't compute but I missed that this morning when my logical brain just focused on your words without considering more the context, FACE PALM. Does that make sense?
LOL oh well. The serious tone was to be the set-up for my follow-up post announcing that I had been miraculously spared and SOMEHOW they missed me and my inlaws were not doomed after all by Chase stealing all the money. At least you can have fun with these folks...

Of course, long term, problems are on the horizon. Money is a poor storehouse of wealth.
I prefer productive real estate, Gold in the ground and other commodity related assets.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

They don't need the money , it's all about wealth transfer to get rid world wide of what remains of any middle class. The thing that gets me about this is how stupid most humans are that even with the net they still cannot figure this con out.

When they set this thing up they new us masses were stupid but with the net and when the net got going they had to be really scared but some 20 years later even our rulers must be amazed at how stupid the general public truly is.

That is the point they are making about why this U.S democratic republic cannot work, people cannot figure the difference out between democracy and dictatorship or do not care so somebody needs to do the thinking for them.
Time to Hide!