Consequences Of the U.S. Dollar Falling....

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Consequences Of the U.S. Dollar Falling....

Post by Maker55 »

I want to say that I don't know exactly what will happen. I'm not a psychic.

But I believe it's better to be prepared for the worst.

Maybe a collapse won't happen until 30 years, I really don't know.

But I don't know how the U.S. dollar is going to get its value back due to the fact it's not backed by gold anymore.

If I were you guys, I wouldn't dump my entire savings into buying silver but at LEAST 10 percent of your income or savings should be in silver.

Silver will help you endure the rough times ahead if they do occur.

The U.S. Dollar is almost worthless, I really don't know how much longer our currency can keep standing.

The Federal Reserve continues to print more and more of this paper money and if they continue doing that, prices will continue to go up, making the prices of gold and silver go up.

I get my silver at www.providentmetals.com, I buy 1 American Silver Eagle per month at around $36 per ounce.

Why the ruling elite want the U.S. dollar to collapse:

1. The ruling elite want the U.S. dollar to collapse because once that happens, the whole world is going down with the U.S.

2. Once this happens, the ruling elite are going to issue out a new world wide currency, in which they will create the New World Order.

3. The ruling elite want the whole world under one economic and political power. It's rumored that the currency will be called the "Amero".

Personally, I hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Obama, Romney, Clinton, Bush.....they're all in on it and all of them are Illuminati controlled puppets.

All of these people know what's going to happen.

The dollar has lost at least 95 percent of it's value since 1971, how is the U.S. dollar going to get it's purchasing power back?
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I agree with those who believe the Illuminati exist. I agree silver and gold is where people should be to preserve their wealth. I agree the dollar will collapse.

I do not believe that the world will go down with the dollar. I also do not believe there will be a one world currency. The Euro and the Yen are also toxic currencies.

My prediction is there will be hyperinflation then the US will issue a new currency. Something like "Old Dollars" to "New Dollars" and all outstanding dollars are obsolete if not converted to "New Dollars." All prior years of dollars issued before "New Dollars" would be deemed worthless after the exchange period comes due. I expect all savings accounts, time deposits (CDs), corporate bonds, government bonds, and cash balances held in retirement accounts like 401Ks to take the hit in conversion.

Below is the reasoning I used to make my prediction:

The top 10% of Americans have most of their money in real estate, fine art, antiques, fine gemstones, fancy or antique automobiles, foreign real estate, silver, and gold. Another portion of their wealth is held in offshore accounts which are likely denominated in "stable" foreign currencies and stocks. Stocks might take an initial hit during the crisis but they will likely rebound because their values are attached to businesses and a new currency would likely revive business in America. Many of the wealthy Americans don't really need a 401K and they stay away from government bonds.

Most regular Americans have their net worth inside of 401Ks, treasury bonds, savings accounts, CDs, and equity in their homes. Most residential homes inside America are overly inflated in value compared to incomes. (The real estate owned by elite is higher quality, more land, and many times they also own quality investment grade properties; many regular Americans own standardized homes built speedily and cheaply on smaller plots of land). Standard homes should decline in value if a new currency was issued. Treasury bonds, savings accounts, and CDs should see their values wiped out. Most Americans sell their mutual funds (already a poor investment choice) then convert to cash when a crisis begins. If a new currency was issued then most Americans would see their 401Ks decimated. The cars many Americans drive depreciate.

Why the issuance of a new currency be the most probable scenario after a (hyperinflationary) dollar collapse?

1. The Federal Reserve is printing vast sums of money buying mortgage backed securities to increase the health of banks. They are giving the banks free money in exchange for toxic assets. This money would allow the banks to increase their cash reserves to prepare for a new currency
2. Many of the banks hold stocks and commodity investments. They will go parabolic during hyperinflation and when a new currency is issued they will retain more value in new dollars than old dollars.
3. Many banks have outstanding loans. Hyperinflation would cause a shock to the banks and result in a financial crisis. If things become bad for the banks, the Federal Reserve and Congress should step in and come up with new policies to protect the banks and help other businesses. It would be something like: All outstanding loans must converted into "new dollars" then repaid (they will likely do the conversion of all loans to appease both the businesses and the banks).
4. The government doesn't want to declare bankruptcy. Declaring all outstanding dollars obsolete, issuing "new dollars", and converting all outstanding government bonds to "new dollars" would avoid technically be a way around bankruptcy.
5. The largest corporations are sitting on record amounts of cash. Many of the largest US corporations have most of their wealth overseas and they do not repatriate those funds so they can avoid taxes. Those funds are likely held in foreign currencies. The worst case scenario is the corporations inside the US have layoffs and then rehire when the "new dollars" revive business
6. The wealthiest Americans and many in the top 20% are insulted or totally protected. Very few of the multimillionaires and above would be largely affected.
7. Assuming all wages and taxes remain the same in "new dollars" as they were when measured in "old dollars" it would allow the government to take in more money in "New Dollars" relative to "Old Dollars."
8. They could use that as an excuse to cut or reform social and welfare programs.
9. The poorest Americans wouldn't see much of a change in their net worth because they don't really have a net worth. Many Americans have a net worth of $0 or $2,000.
10. Corporations in America could also benefit if their outstanding US debts are denominated in "new dollars." The student loan bubble is another crisis that could potentially be absorbed in hyperinflation and if their values are converted into "new dollars."

Assuming other countries are in on the plan they might be interested in doing it concurrently to avoid some potential problems in international trade and the world financial markets. The Euro and Japanese Yen are two other examples of high risk currencies also facing major debt troubles. China might realize they are holding toxic assets by buying US bonds but they also know that even if their outstanding bonds were converted to a measurement in "new dollars" they would continue to have a large cash flow in the future by propping up the US markets because US consumers are one of the largest markets for their exports.

It's easy to visualize what could occur if a new currency is issued? The most likely scenario is everyone holding dollars takes a massive loss on their net worth. There might be an exemption to allow 401Ks and retirement accounts in cash to be a $1 Old Dollar to $1 New Dollar conversion rate to protect retirees, but that would be a remote possibility.
It's easy to see that silver and gold will preserve wealth. People still need to hold assets like stocks if they want to have returns on their wealth. Silver and gold should be used for wealth preservation.

It would be a transfer of wealth from regular Americans to the wealthy Americans, large businesses, banks, and the US government. It would allow the wealthy to take advantage of a rise in the US economy gaining more than what they lost in hyperinflation. Stocks would likely surge to new highs as people are forced to purchase shares in the businesses they sold to take advantage of gains.

My guess is there will be one more war funded on debt and allowing the remaining wealthy to see that as a sign to rush into silver and gold which traditionally do well in wars. When the war is over then the US government might feel it's ready. War with Iran is a likely catalyst. One final debt funded war before the American elite engineer a dollar collapse. I expect the Euro and the Yen will do it concurrently as part of a combined effort to decrease debts to keep things consistent in the world markets.

The problem they might have is with the logistics of removing all the coinage of the old dollars, so the likely scenario is they phase the old coinage over time. Most people don't hold coinage so it wouldn't be as much of a big deal.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Does all this mean that now is a good time to borrow?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

ladislav wrote:Does all this mean that now is a good time to borrow?

Now is the great tme to borrow and buy gold, silver, real estate, art
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

If the dollar will collapse in value relative to silver or gold, then you would wanna borrow as much US$ as you can and invest it all your dollars in silver and gold. If you did it through a financial broker, you could get very high leverage. But you would wanna leave enough buffer margin to deal with volatility in case you the ride was bumpy.

Your liabilities (US$ borrowed) would lose value and your assets (gold and silver invested in) would gain value.

For example, say you have US10,000, use it to open an account with an offshore financial broker. You buy 125 ounces at US$1,612 per ounce for $201,500 on leverage. If Taco and certain others are right and US$ soon collapses to point where an ounce costs say 5 times as much ($8,125 per ounce), then you could liquidate your holdings for total equity of just over US$1 million! Sounds great, right?

However, in reality, you would have mainly preserved your wealth. Because those dollars you cashed in are worth much less after shit hit the fan. If the dollar were to collapse to that magnitude, hyper inflation would almost definitely ensue. Being a US$ millionaire would not mean much more than being a Japanese Yen millionaire, lol.

So the short answer to your question is that YES, if the US$ will soon collapse, now is a great time to borrow US$ and invest them in certain hard assets.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Thanks for your posting this. I've been warning guys on this forum for over a year now, I'm glad I'm not the only one here that's concerned. When the state of Utah monetized gold and silver last year it was a strong signal that something bad is going to happen.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Tsar wrote:I agree with those who believe the Illuminati exist. I agree silver and gold is where people should be to preserve their wealth. I agree the dollar will collapse.

I do not believe that the world will go down with the dollar. I also do not believe there will be a one world currency. The Euro and the Yen are also toxic currencies.

My prediction is there will be hyperinflation then the US will issue a new currency. Something like "Old Dollars" to "New Dollars" and all outstanding dollars are obsolete if not converted to "New Dollars." All prior years of dollars issued before "New Dollars" would be deemed worthless after the exchange period comes due. I expect all savings accounts, time deposits (CDs), corporate bonds, government bonds, and cash balances held in retirement accounts like 401Ks to take the hit in conversion.

Below is the reasoning I used to make my prediction:

The top 10% of Americans have most of their money in real estate, fine art, antiques, fine gemstones, fancy or antique automobiles, foreign real estate, silver, and gold. Another portion of their wealth is held in offshore accounts which are likely denominated in "stable" foreign currencies and stocks. Stocks might take an initial hit during the crisis but they will likely rebound because their values are attached to businesses and a new currency would likely revive business in America. Many of the wealthy Americans don't really need a 401K and they stay away from government bonds.

Most regular Americans have their net worth inside of 401Ks, treasury bonds, savings accounts, CDs, and equity in their homes. Most residential homes inside America are overly inflated in value compared to incomes. (The real estate owned by elite is higher quality, more land, and many times they also own quality investment grade properties; many regular Americans own standardized homes built speedily and cheaply on smaller plots of land). Standard homes should decline in value if a new currency was issued. Treasury bonds, savings accounts, and CDs should see their values wiped out. Most Americans sell their mutual funds (already a poor investment choice) then convert to cash when a crisis begins. If a new currency was issued then most Americans would see their 401Ks decimated. The cars many Americans drive depreciate.

Why the issuance of a new currency be the most probable scenario after a (hyperinflationary) dollar collapse?

1. The Federal Reserve is printing vast sums of money buying mortgage backed securities to increase the health of banks. They are giving the banks free money in exchange for toxic assets. This money would allow the banks to increase their cash reserves to prepare for a new currency
2. Many of the banks hold stocks and commodity investments. They will go parabolic during hyperinflation and when a new currency is issued they will retain more value in new dollars than old dollars.
3. Many banks have outstanding loans. Hyperinflation would cause a shock to the banks and result in a financial crisis. If things become bad for the banks, the Federal Reserve and Congress should step in and come up with new policies to protect the banks and help other businesses. It would be something like: All outstanding loans must converted into "new dollars" then repaid (they will likely do the conversion of all loans to appease both the businesses and the banks).
4. The government doesn't want to declare bankruptcy. Declaring all outstanding dollars obsolete, issuing "new dollars", and converting all outstanding government bonds to "new dollars" would avoid technically be a way around bankruptcy.
5. The largest corporations are sitting on record amounts of cash. Many of the largest US corporations have most of their wealth overseas and they do not repatriate those funds so they can avoid taxes. Those funds are likely held in foreign currencies. The worst case scenario is the corporations inside the US have layoffs and then rehire when the "new dollars" revive business
6. The wealthiest Americans and many in the top 20% are insulted or totally protected. Very few of the multimillionaires and above would be largely affected.
7. Assuming all wages and taxes remain the same in "new dollars" as they were when measured in "old dollars" it would allow the government to take in more money in "New Dollars" relative to "Old Dollars."
8. They could use that as an excuse to cut or reform social and welfare programs.
9. The poorest Americans wouldn't see much of a change in their net worth because they don't really have a net worth. Many Americans have a net worth of $0 or $2,000.
10. Corporations in America could also benefit if their outstanding US debts are denominated in "new dollars." The student loan bubble is another crisis that could potentially be absorbed in hyperinflation and if their values are converted into "new dollars."

Assuming other countries are in on the plan they might be interested in doing it concurrently to avoid some potential problems in international trade and the world financial markets. The Euro and Japanese Yen are two other examples of high risk currencies also facing major debt troubles. China might realize they are holding toxic assets by buying US bonds but they also know that even if their outstanding bonds were converted to a measurement in "new dollars" they would continue to have a large cash flow in the future by propping up the US markets because US consumers are one of the largest markets for their exports.

It's easy to visualize what could occur if a new currency is issued? The most likely scenario is everyone holding dollars takes a massive loss on their net worth. There might be an exemption to allow 401Ks and retirement accounts in cash to be a $1 Old Dollar to $1 New Dollar conversion rate to protect retirees, but that would be a remote possibility.
It's easy to see that silver and gold will preserve wealth. People still need to hold assets like stocks if they want to have returns on their wealth. Silver and gold should be used for wealth preservation.

It would be a transfer of wealth from regular Americans to the wealthy Americans, large businesses, banks, and the US government. It would allow the wealthy to take advantage of a rise in the US economy gaining more than what they lost in hyperinflation. Stocks would likely surge to new highs as people are forced to purchase shares in the businesses they sold to take advantage of gains.

My guess is there will be one more war funded on debt and allowing the remaining wealthy to see that as a sign to rush into silver and gold which traditionally do well in wars. When the war is over then the US government might feel it's ready. War with Iran is a likely catalyst. One final debt funded war before the American elite engineer a dollar collapse. I expect the Euro and the Yen will do it concurrently as part of a combined effort to decrease debts to keep things consistent in the world markets.

The problem they might have is with the logistics of removing all the coinage of the old dollars, so the likely scenario is they phase the old coinage over time. Most people don't hold coinage so it wouldn't be as much of a big deal.
Well the ruling elite have been planning a ONE WORLD government for centuries, that's why they have made all of the world's currency worthless paper.

The whole world runs off of fiat currency.

ALL currency in the world is worthless paper trash.

The U.S. dollar is the resolve currency of the world, all of the world's currency either goes up or down with the U.S. dollar.

How long is the world going to be able to survive off of fiat currency? This applies to Europe, U.S., China ect.

NONE of the world's currency is backed by silver or gold.

When the U.S. dollar was taken off the gold standard in 1971, Nixon convinced the rest of the world to take their currencies off the gold standard as well.

As far as the stock market, it's going to crash eventually but real estate, gold, silver, oil, food and gas stocks will soar, I would invest in those and their ETF equivalents.
Last edited by Maker55 on February 16th, 2013, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Yep.

If you can afford it, buy thousands of dollars worth of .999 silver bullion.

Monster boxes cost around $17,000 for 500 1 ounce American silver eagles.

If you can't afford it, take out a loan or credit card and charge $600 to $1,000 worth of .999 silver bullion!

If the price of silver goes up, you don't want to wait until silver gets to be $250 per ounce.

Silver is cheap as hell right now at a little over $30 per ounce.

Once again, I'm no psychic so I can't tell anyone when this is going to happen but I'm going cover my ass right now just in case we experience a hyperinflation.

It will also be wise to eventually invest in a year's supply of food storage and water at some point.

The U.S. dollar isn't looking too good right now. It would take a huge miracle for the U.S. to get its purchasing power back.

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

I have 60% of my 401(k) portfolio in foreign stocks/mutual funds. Am I positioned any better off than anyone else or does the fact that I own mutual funds in general mean that I'm at risk of taking a hit when the currencies are re-converted?

Also, how much is too much to have in a 401(k)? Or can you have too much? My plan was to dump as much pre-tax income as possible there to reduce my present tax burden (I'm in the 28% bracket) with the hopes of removing it at retirement and paying a lesser rate when I'm 55-60. If I cut my 401(k) contributions to just the minimum for my company (6%), I would have a higher tax bill next year.

One last thing. The obvious thing for me to then use that after tax money to purchase bullion. But do I spend all of my after tax money on bullion or should I mix it up into something else?