Any thoughts on the best business to start in Philippines

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Any thoughts on the best business to start in Philippines

Post by zacb »

Maybe a fast cash type place, rentals, vending/amusement, or what? Any ideas?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The fundamental problem with doing any kind of business in the Philippines is that most Filipinos have no money. As a result, your best option is to sell a product or service online with middle class Filipinos and other foreigners as your primary customers. Keep in mind that about 80% of retail purchases are made by women. To answer your question, I'm not really sure what the most profitable business is for the Philippines. You can go to ebay Philippines and get some ideas on what products sell well and what doesn't. Also, the cost of labor here is very cheap so its a good place to set up a small scale manufacturing business.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I was thinking about buying up some cheap rentals, but I am kind of iffy on this. I also though maybe one of those fast cash type places might do well, buy I am deliberating.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Here is a book about buying, selling, renting and leasing property in the Philippines:

You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Here is a book with business models to help you make a living in the Philippines:

You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:Also, the cost of labor here is very cheap so its a good place to set up a small scale manufacturing business.
Been thinking about this.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Build apartment building... fill it with tenants.

Everyone needs somewhere to live.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.