Selling e-books from your own site

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Selling e-books from your own site

Post by Cornfed »

I have an e-book published on Kindle. Since it isn't selling and they keep annoying me by asking me to supply tax information, I am planning to instead sell it from my own site. Does anyone know the current cheapest and easiest way of doing this in terms of hosting, format of the e-book and payment options?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

payloadz, tradebit, and e junkie are all good. I used tradebit, and the affiliate system was nice. The best system was Amazon though. It seems like unless you put up multiple books, you are kinda screwed. You could also catered based on google keyword search amount (since there is interest, there may be money in it).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

If you want the absolute cheapest and easiest way, get a Wordpress site, but the ebook up in PDF format, and stick a Paypal buy button under it. Still, Amazon is the best way to go.

There is no "If you build it, they will come" in web 2.0. If you want to sell, you need to be playing Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube and every other free means of connecting with your audience you can find.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The_Adventurer wrote:There is no "If you build it, they will come" in web 2.0. If you want to sell, you need to be playing Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube and every other free means of connecting with your audience you can find.
I hate social media and don't necessarily want to show my face on camera. Is there no other way?
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

The problem is that this is not 2000. I am lucky I was able to find a niche and tap it quickly. Unfortunately, I think it will be harder and harder to sell via websites (outside the big boys).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I just ignored those requests, since I wasn't making any money and I didn't care whether they took the books off or not. Then I went to my account the other day and saw that they had marked it as tax information had been furnished. So, you might just ignore them and see what happens. The government's not going to bother them about small fry.

When I did try to sell ebooks from my own site, I put them into PDF -- which I think is usually necessary, or used to be -- and used e-junkie and Paypal to collect payments.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Try www.smashwords.com, it's a good ebook distribution that will sell your ebook up to 8 different places that include Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

You will have to get your books formatted to have them put into the premium catalog.

If you put it on your blog, you need TRAFFIC, or it won't sell.

Add quality articles/content that target long tail keys to drive traffic to your website naturally.

I sell 5 different ebooks and they're all selling.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer