Russian Rouble Collapses

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Russian Rouble Collapses

Post by Taco »

droid wrote:
Taco wrote:Your dream of finding a Russian girlfriend just got cheaper.
That's hilarious.
Russian women, like gold tend to maintain their value during a currency meltdown.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I want to BURY my face in that mine
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

First thing I said when I saw that picture was "holy shit!" Just thought that knee-jerk reaction was worth mentioning. Plus, imagine if this chick can cook & actually bothers with her kids?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Also, I thought interest rates rose with all this? Did I misunderstand the meaning?

I remember hearing about how Russia could basically smash the US economy by changing the way oil is purchased. It's traded in dollars now, but if it was roubles or anything else that seems like it would pretty much be it. Another thing is that America has a larger economy, but is VERY self-destructive in that field. Could be that they strangle themselves with the whip they intend to use. Also, as it stands now, you have plenty to worry about from domestic forces & domestic services in general- every damn thing is a transgression or a disorder & they go on the attack over either! It's like the theory that the presence or exertion of agency, not matter what is or is not done, is something attack-worthy & it's damaging justice to counter these responses.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This what's happening to the price of gold in Russia. When a currency crashes, gold shines.

This Is What Gold Does In a Currency Crisis
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-1 ... ncy-crisis

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

If Russia prices oil & gas exports in euros or yuan, etc., they cushion themselves.
For necessities, the one with supply sets the price.
Think delivered silver rounds, a few years ago, or gasoline & hotel prices right after hurricane Sandy.
Western Europe can't cook food & heat homes with paper commodity contracts.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Paul Craig Roberts does an interview on Greg Hunter Wensday that I feel is about the best one he has ever done and sums up how powerful the people have become in the WEST running this credit system. He say's the whole world wide economy is being rigged and does not think they will be able to maintain the fraud of the $ much longer.
Last edited by Moretorque on December 21st, 2014, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Moretorque wrote:Paul Craig Roberts does an interview on Greg Hunter Wensday that I feel is about the best one he has ever done and sums up how powerful the people have become in the WEST running this credit system. He say's the whole world wide economy is being rigged and does not think they will be able to maintain the fraud of the $ much longer.
People say and do things that are in their interest.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

PC Roberts is very straight up and honest, he pushes no agenda and calls it the way he see's it.
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Taco wrote:This what's happening to the price of gold in Russia. When a currency crashes, gold shines.
Those with enough money to buy gold or other assets while maintaining their everyday living expenses before the crisis are the least affected by the crisis.
When too many middle class try to protect themselves by trading into gold or foreign currency, they'll find the regulations have been changed against them.

Belarus taxes foreign currency purchases
http://newsoninvest.com/?p=28950
Belarus has imposed a 30 per cent tax on buying foreign currency and more than doubled interest rates to 50 per cent as the ripples of this week’s Russian market turmoil began to be felt in other former Soviet countries.

The Belarusian central bank said the move to impose a tax on foreign currency purchases was taken “due to the increased demand for foreign currency on the domestic market”.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything