Any legit female CEOs?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Any legit female CEOs?

Post by Cornfed »

Reading about female CEOs such as Carly Fiorina and Ellen Pao, it occurs to me that they are dismal failures by any definition other than being bafflingly handed lots of money and are really terrible, terrible people. It is of course just as I would have predicted. Does anyone know whether this is universally the case or are there some competent high-flying female CEOs, and if so what exactly did they contribute to justify their enormous salaries.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any legit female CEOs?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Are there any legit white male CEOs of lower class origins borne of inbreeding and stunted personal growth due to sexual resentment/jealousy?

No. The white males that reach the CEO tier usually come fitter genetic stock and higher class origins wherein they are at the top of the food chain and not at the bottom where you dwell Cornfed.

To be poor and stupid is understandable. To be poor, stupid, AND a white male is unforgivable and virtual confirmation of genetic loser status given relative lack of obstacles standing in the way of pulling oneself out of the social bowels.

Guess you really lost that "natural lottery" Cornfed. Better luck in the next life, till then stop hating on your black "betters" that you feel should be beneath you!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Female CEOs can add a lot of value to companies that are selling sleaze. A good example is Nasty Gal.

http://www.nastygal.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBxY-zoFMM
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:Female CEOs can add a lot of value to companies that are selling sleaze. A good example is Nasty Gal.
Yes, miscreants like females, blacks etc. can clearly add value fronting for a company if they are essentially performing whores/monkeys and their customers are sleezebags, but though they may be called CEOs they would surely just be there as a marketing gimmick. I wouldn't think you would want them making strategic decisions or anything.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

In the case of Nasty Gal, the woman CEO founded and built the company. A woman who as the sense to delegate strategic decisions to men can do quite well. The most important decisions of a company like this are in product design and a woman can do this better than a man for sleaze.

Another example worth mentioning is Queen Elizabeth I who delegated strategic decisions to her male advisors. But a key skill in the royal court at that time was managing intrigue since the royal court was basically a big soap opera. Women also excel at this.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I sometimes wonder whether females said to have built companies actually have, but I guess females can do well in the business world where their particular leadership role is a generalization of their typical female role in society. Most of the females appointed to run conventional corporations seem to just suck though.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:Most of the females appointed to run conventional corporations seem to just suck though.
It's hard to say. I googled this and found mixed results on stock performance. For example:

http://fortune.com/2015/03/03/women-led ... he-sp-500/

I think this can be explained. The main goal of a modern CEO is to financially rape their company. Men are actually better at this, and so do more damage to their companies.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Auernheimer makes a case for Carol Bartz being a good female CEO. Google "A tale of two CEOs: misogyny, corporate governance, Carol Bartz, and Ellen Pao."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gnosis wrote:Auernheimer makes a case for Carol Bartz being a good female CEO. Google "A tale of two CEOs: misogyny, corporate governance, Carol Bartz, and Ellen Pao."
It seems by Auernheimer's own statement, Bartz screwed up. She appears to have been negotiating with Jack Ma from a position of weakness, and when you do that you really have to sweet talk the person. Hence she should have either had a man conduct the negotiations or acted sweet and feminine, instead of apparently being her crass and boorish self. Hence if Auernheimer's account is correct she screwed up and deserved to be fired, but he seems to take the white knight position that females should be treated chivalrously and if they are not it is the man's fault regardless of the circumstances. As for his endorsement of Bartz, it seems to be based on her actually learning about the company's products. Woo hoo. Perhaps this places her head and shoulders above the average female CEO, but would you hire a male worker for a minimum wage job if you expected anything less? He generally comes across as a white knight who holds females to a lower standard.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Some woman can compete with men.
Time to Hide!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:Reading about female CEOs such as Carly Fiorina and Ellen Pao, it occurs to me that they are dismal failures by any definition other than being bafflingly handed lots of money and are really terrible, terrible people. It is of course just as I would have predicted. Does anyone know whether this is universally the case or are there some competent high-flying female CEOs, and if so what exactly did they contribute to justify their enormous salaries.

eBay has or had a CEO who was supposed to be good. I think it was/is Meg something or other. It's rare, though, for there to be female CEOs. Usually, men make it into that role.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lockheed Martin isn't the kind of company that is, or will ever be, hit by dismal performance. And look who's at its elm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marillyn_Hewson
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

There's a lot of decent female CEOs in healthcare. Having worked with a couple of them in the past, I found them to be quite talented. They were both elites bred from elite families that went to Ivy schools- not exactly your typical women.

Both were also childless and single, because they had to give up what amounted to their feminine role in society to work their way up the corporate ladder.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

My boss is female. She has kept the company growing where other (male) owners threw in the towel. She is at the same time charming and ruthless. I'm in love with her and I'm also scared of her!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

xiongmao wrote:My boss is female. She has kept the company growing where other (male) owners threw in the towel. She is at the same time charming and ruthless. I'm in love with her and I'm also scared of her!!!
The strategy of using females to turn a company into a femdom performance never occured to me. Might work, I guess.