Only time I have been unhappy about an investment increasing in value

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Only time I have been unhappy about an investment increasing in value

Post by Tsar »

I invested in a very certain specific asset and then it decreased in value. Then I decided to hold it long-term and it collapsed in value. I wasn't really upset because I was confident in it's long-term value potential and I didn't really need the money. I could have doubled my money if I was trading it and timed the trades well but this specific asset can easily multiply it's value by 4x or even 25x.

4x would be in 2022 while 25x could easily happen in a few years.

I was and am confident in this asset's potential. It has a very unique combination for it's asset class.

I was hoping it would stay at its lows for awhile because I was hoping to accumulate more at a real discount. Anyway, it seems like it won't happen because it's been rising in value and back to it's near-team average price which is also fine but not as good as if I was able to accumulate more.

I can easily see this asset going to 20x it's current value in 5 years.

If I had a lot of money then I would be rich by now. The fact that I never had much money is why I am completely broke.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

rudder
Junior Poster

Re: Only time I have been unhappy about an investment increasing in value

Post by rudder »

Tsar wrote:
December 24th, 2021, 6:50 am
I invested in a very certain specific asset and then it decreased in value. Then I decided to hold it long-term and it collapsed in value. I wasn't really upset because I was confident in it's long-term value potential and I didn't really need the money. I could have doubled my money if I was trading it and timed the trades well but this specific asset can easily multiply it's value by 4x or even 25x.

4x would be in 2022 while 25x could easily happen in a few years.

I was and am confident in this asset's potential. It has a very unique combination for it's asset class.

I was hoping it would stay at its lows for awhile because I was hoping to accumulate more at a real discount. Anyway, it seems like it won't happen because it's been rising in value and back to it's near-team average price which is also fine but not as good as if I was able to accumulate more.

I can easily see this asset going to 20x it's current value in 5 years.

If I had a lot of money then I would be rich by now. The fact that I never had much money is why I am completely broke.
Sounds like someone invested in HEX. Man I just wish I could renounce my citizenship already, because I don't want to open the can of worms that is crypto with the parasite government of das homeland.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

rudder wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Sounds like someone invested in HEX. Man I just wish I could renounce my citizenship already, because I don't want to open the can of worms that is crypto with the parasite government of das homeland.
Not HEX, but another crypto which is a "native chain" coin.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Tsar wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 1:40 pm
rudder wrote:
Okkk curiosity killed the cat, give me the ticker symbol!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Buy this one guys. I have been working on this technology and it's the real thing. Whatever the hype might be, Solana is the closest to an Ethereum killer there has ever been.

https://www.coinbase.com/price/solana
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

rudder wrote:
January 28th, 2022, 5:15 pm
Tsar wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 1:40 pm
rudder wrote:
Okkk curiosity killed the cat, give me the ticker symbol!
I will give you the symbol. But try to guess either the question or the riddle. Both would give the answer if you're correct.

What particle is found in all things?

I am everywhere
You can't see me
I am you but you not me
(What am I?)

(I can get PMs again if you want to ask your questions)
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

publicduende wrote:
January 28th, 2022, 5:19 pm
Buy this one guys. I have been working on this technology and it's the real thing. Whatever the hype might be, Solana is the closest to an Ethereum killer there has ever been.

https://www.coinbase.com/price/solana
Is this for real? You're actually a developer of that?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

rudder wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 10:18 am
I am not part of the Solana core team but yes, I am a core developer of one of their main dApps. Can't make names here.

From what I can see, Solana is for real. The recent network attack and congestion episodes have pushed the core developers to release updates and improvements at an impressive rate. It's not perfect, but it's the farthest thing I can imagine from a pump and dump token.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

publicduende wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 10:45 am
rudder wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 10:18 am
I am not part of the Solana core team but yes, I am a core developer of one of their main dApps. Can't make names here.

From what I can see, Solana is for real. The recent network attack and congestion episodes have pushed the core developers to release updates and improvements at an impressive rate. It's not perfect, but it's the farthest thing I can imagine from a pump and dump token.
What about the Solana hack? Do you think Solana can resolve it's security issues.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Tsar wrote:
January 29th, 2022, 11:45 am
What about the Solana hack? Do you think Solana can resolve it's security issues.
What people call "Solana hacks" are simply non-malicious network traffic, mostly by high-frequency bots, that affects a relatively small number of nodes (about 10% of the Ethereum nodes, which is 3 orders of magnitude slower). The cor developers are working hard to replace the network stack to use a faster communication protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QUIC) and improve detection speed of duplicate transactions.

Considering Solana is less than 2 years old, the core Team and community have been doing an amazing job to keep the platform relevant and address issues at strict turnaround.