Inflation could turn to Deflation in America - Is that a good thing?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Inflation could turn to Deflation in America - Is that a good thing?

Post by Winston »

This economist below says that the inflation in America could quickly become deflation. Isn't that a good thing if prices come down? Why or why not? If cost of living in America went back to what it was in the 50s and 60s then America would definitely be a much better place to live. What do you guys think?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Inflation could turn to Deflation in America - Is that a good thing?

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
May 9th, 2023, 3:10 pm
This economist below says that the inflation in America could quickly become deflation. Isn't that a good thing if prices come down? Why or why not? If cost of living in America went back to what it was in the 50s and 60s then America would definitely be a much better place to live. What do you guys think?

From what I have read, deflation, especially if it is serious, can be dangerous. Stores shutting down is terrible. Not having access to goods and services is difficult. Of course with the Internet, there are other places to go... if the supply chain holds up.

Have any of his predictions happened?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The reason deflation is bad in the current system is that it means businesses can't take on and discharge debt. Since money in the system is created as debt, this effectively destroys the system.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has America ever had deflation before? Doesn't it mean prices on everything would go down? Trump said he lowers the cost of energy then prices will come down because everything is connected to that. Is that so?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
May 20th, 2023, 11:23 pm
Has America ever had deflation before?
In the depressions of the 1930s and 1890s.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

What a stupid video. No mention of interest rates or the money supply.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

That doesn't sound right at all. In any case we need to have insurance for all our investments and think of the future ahead. In my case i was checking olympus insurance customer service and how to contact them in order to discuss our work together, as my current insurer is not very reliable unfortunately. Insurance should give is a feeling of safety and that doesn't happen with those guys anymore.