$56,700 (1.99M THB) Pattaya Beach front Condo with “Spacious Ocean View” in Thailand

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
galii
Experienced Poster

$56,700 (1.99M THB) Pattaya Beach front Condo with “Spacious Ocean View” in Thailand

Post by galii »

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: $56,700 (1.99M THB) Pattaya Beach front Condo with “Spacious Ocean View” in Thailand

Post by Yohan »

This condo in this video is the View Talay 8, Pattaya Jomtien Beach Road Soi 14 near Chaiyapruek street - fairly good location, plenty of unsold and second hand units for sale in that area. I doubt however you get much for this money USD 60.000 are not so much - not more than 35 qm, 1 room only - and not a corner unit for sure.

And consider additional fees, like registration of the land title, real estate broker fees, and there is also not only the basic maintenance fee, but also a sinking fund to pay and additional fees each year for repairings....and also some other fees...
Also consider furniture, as the condo is more or less empty...

The main problem is however a long-term visa. Thailand welcomes you for 1 month stay - but long-stay visa are not cheap and not so easy to get, long-stay visa require either money deposits in Thai banks, retirement allowance from abroad, private medical insurance etc.

Long stay in Pattaya has also its problems, look at some people next to you in that city - it's getting boring easily and many start drinking, wasting money for girls and otherwise nonsense, are into drugs +and are often bankrupt or find themselves in various serous problems like overstay.

-----

My own rooms in Pattaya Jomtien are not so far away from this Vew Talay 8 condominium, and for me it is easy to come and go frequently, as I am living in Southern Japan, flights from Japan to Thailand are cheap (USD 250,- return flight), I just stay 30 days, and come again after a few months, sometimes I continue to Philippines, sometimes I go straight back to Japan....
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: $56,700 (1.99M THB) Pattaya Beach front Condo with “Spacious Ocean View” in Thailand

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 4:56 am

Long stay in Pattaya has also its problems, look at some people next to you in that city - it's getting boring easily and many start drinking, wasting money for girls and otherwise nonsense, are into drugs +and are often bankrupt or find themselves in various serous problems like overstay.

Quite right, I follow the youtuber (as known as) 'Barfines and Powerlines' when he first made his home in Pattaya when he left the UK full time, after about four years, he must have put on 30 kilos and he is only a young guy, about his mid 30's but he won't see 60 the way he is carrying on.

I can see the appeal coming from the UK, nice weather, cheap booze, cheap meals that aren't healthy taste good and available 24/7 meaning you have no need to cook ever and that is without factoring the easy available sex -it is going to take years off your life if you are not careful. I think according to the statistics in the UK - Thailand is either no.1 or in the top three countries where Britons die abroad. I can imagine it is no.1 for males of a certain age and demographic.

I wouldn't retire to Pattaya but I can see the appeal but you need some proper hobbies or else the way you're going isn't going to be pretty.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

yick wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 11:46 pm
Yohan wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 4:56 am

Quite right, I follow the youtuber (as known as) 'Barfines and Powerlines' when he first made his home in Pattaya when he left the UK full time, after about four years, he must have put on 30 kilos and he is only a young guy, about his mid 30's but he won't see 60 the way he is carrying on.

I can see the appeal coming from the UK, nice weather, cheap booze, cheap meals that aren't healthy taste good and available 24/7 meaning you have no need to cook ever and that is without factoring the easy available sex -it is going to take years off your life if you are not careful. I think according to the statistics in the UK - Thailand is either no.1 or in the top three countries where Britons die abroad. I can imagine it is no.1 for males of a certain age and demographic.

I wouldn't retire to Pattaya but I can see the appeal but you need some proper hobbies or else the way you're going isn't going to be pretty.
I call the philippines the Elephant graveyard for western males. I think it is a nice way to die. When I lived there I did self improvement bu it is still hard to stay sharp because too much easy life vibrations makes one lazy. Though some danger there keeps one alert too.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:

I know many 'horror-stories' about Thailand. A single foreign man can be easily approached and cheated out of his money or if he stays alone he ofte is starting to suffer from depression, is drinking, even using drugs and finally jumping out of a window, lost his mind...

There are some solutions for that - many people from Scandinavia for example stay only during wintertime in Thailand, but after they are going home for at least 7 months and working something to avoid becoming bankrupt and to keep their European social insurance and pension rights up to date.

Pattaya is a holiday city and it is a place for foreign men for spending money. It is not easy to live in Thailand as a foreigner AND to earn money from somewhere.

About myself, I am living in Japan, but in Japan as a foreigner you have to get out to somewhere else from time to time - in my case I do it about 3 times a year, for about 1 month per trip and I have my own rooms in Pattaya. It's easy for me as the air fare is really cheap between Thailand and Japan...
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

yick wrote:

This is no offense to you because I think you're from the UK....but I stay far, far away from the Brits when I'm abroad. All the ones I've met have been overly confrontational and war-like. I'll stay far away from Pattaya, it's where the devil is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

kangarunner wrote:
October 12th, 2023, 6:25 am
..but I stay far, far away from the Brits when I'm abroad. All the ones I've met have been overly confrontational and war-like. I'll stay far away from Pattaya, it's where the devil is.
Pattaya/Jomtien is a large area and last time I have not seen so many people from UK, they are just one group among many others.

Generally said, Pattaya is fairly a safe area, for sure safer than cities in UK or in the States.

Foreigners often choose a certain place where they prefer to stay - Chinese operate their own hotels, Arabs and Indians prefer to stay in South Pattaya, Germans prefer to stay in North Pattaya, many Russians you will find around Jomtien Center etc.

It depends also where you stay, for example the condominium building where are my rooms is rather large and has 880 rooms. You don't know who is who, but I never had any problem there about noise from other tenants. Very silent all time.

I would say, it depends on your accommodation. The building where I stay is not so cheap, not really a place for low-class people from abroad.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Yohan wrote:
October 12th, 2023, 7:05 am
Russians you will find around Jomtien Center etc.
I'll make sure to avoid them too. Those bastards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

kangarunner wrote:
October 12th, 2023, 6:25 am
yick wrote:

This is no offense to you because I think you're from the UK....but I stay far, far away from the Brits when I'm abroad. All the ones I've met have been overly confrontational and war-like. I'll stay far away from Pattaya, it's where the devil is.
Fair enough, I stay away from them myself.