IMF calling for tax on wealth

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

IMF calling for tax on wealth

Post by Teal Lantern »

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 14th, 2020, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

The IMF is the most corrupt organization in the world. Their financial policy recommendations are often ruinous once implemented. They gain control over countries by offering them loans, then use those loans to set trade policies and other issues that would otherwise be determined democratically to their liking. Would be nice if their organization were burned to the ground, along with the World Bank and WTO.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

yes i read it some time ago. our german finance minister has already found this idea to be great. so they want 10 percent from our hard earned money. i would find it ok, for wealthy people like above say 250k euro and i mean the money which goes above the sum.

anyway very disturbing
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

A person can't retire anymore with even a million dollars saved up because money is now basically free and you can't get a decent interest rate. What they are going to do is confiscate the wealth of people who are retired. What this means is that everyone here is going to work until they drop dead. No more retirement in the New World Order.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It is fairly clear what the general idea is. Unless you are one of the parasitical elite, everything you think you own is going to be confiscated on one pretext or other.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

HouseMD wrote:
The IMF is the most corrupt organization in the world. Their financial policy recommendations are often ruinous once implemented. They gain control over countries by offering them loans, then use those loans to set trade policies and other issues that would otherwise be determined democratically to their liking. Would be nice if their organization were burned to the ground, along with the World Bank and WTO.
A rather direct approach to "extinguishing" debt.

i like it.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

MrPeabody wrote:A person can't retire anymore with even a million dollars saved up because money is now basically free and you can't get a decent interest rate. What they are going to do is confiscate the wealth of people who are retired. What this means is that everyone here is going to work until they drop dead. No more retirement in the New World Order.
Depends on your draw down rate.
Have a peek at firecalc.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

So it seems to me, based on Firecalc, the key is to retire overseas where you can live on $1000 a month somewhere. Almost no scenario fails if you can live cheap enough.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

The_Adventurer wrote:So it seems to me, based on Firecalc, the key is to retire overseas where you can live on $1000 a month somewhere. Almost no scenario fails if you can live cheap enough.
You've got it! I plan on saving around 2 million and leaving my money invested in multiple index funds then withdrawing at 4% a year. In good years, I'll have more fun, in bad years less, but there is virtually no scenario in which I will be starving in the streets.