Will Universal Basic Income universally replace income?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Will Universal Basic Income universally replace income?

Post by Cornfed »

The idea of the evil global elite seems to be not so much to use UBI as a supplement but as the only currency most people will have. It will be paid digitally. You will probably be allocated a place to live - a "pod", meaning some kind of bunkhouse arrangement - and rent everything else you use with the possible exception of a few personal items. Rather than a traditional job you will be allocated work on a given day. Your digital currency will control what you can buy. If you don't comply you will be cut off and starve and/or die from lack of medical treatment. Of course medical treatment will take on more of a role of arbitration of who should live and who shouldn't than it already does. That is probably the best you can hope for if you stay in the West.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Will Universal Basic Income universally replace income?

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
March 28th, 2022, 5:54 pm
The idea of the evil global elite seems to be not so much to use UBI as a supplement but as the only currency most people will have. It will be paid digitally. You will probably be allocated a place to live - a "pod", meaning some kind of bunkhouse arrangement - and rent everything else you use with the possible exception of a few personal items. Rather than a traditional job you will be allocated work on a given day. Your digital currency will control what you can buy. If you don't comply you will be cut off and starve and/or die from lack of medical treatment. Of course medical treatment will take on more of a role of arbitration of who should live and who shouldn't than it already does. That is probably the best you can hope for if you stay in the West.
I saw a sci fi show set in the future where most people on earth live on 'basic', which feeds them but leaves them in poverty, and most people are unemployed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
March 29th, 2022, 8:58 am
I saw a sci fi show set in the future where most people on earth live on 'basic', which feeds them but leaves them in poverty, and most people are unemployed.
It sounds like predictive programming. That is likely our intended future. You will be unemployed in the sense of not having any permanent job but will be ordered to go out to places and do stuff.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Was it The Expanse?

I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
March 29th, 2022, 12:13 pm
MrMan wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Was it The Expanse?

Yes. I didn't remember the language being so bad in that clip. It's ironic that the UN is in charge of the world in that show, too.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 12:41 pm
Yes. I didn't remember the language being so bad in that clip. It's ironic that the UN is in charge of the world in that show, too.
I thought so because I have seen a lot of shows and that was the only show where most people in the future were on a universal basic income. I was actually thinking about posting that clip awhile back and creating a discussion topic, and mentioning that show even before you mentioned it. I remember when first watching that episode, I was thinking that many people are sort of already living that future now, and that society can't provide enough opportunity for everyone.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Interestingly, there is a move to replace the term "homeless people" with "unhoused people". I think this is part of it. It implies that everyone is to be housed by the regime, and the homeless are simply people the regime hasn't got around to yet.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Cornfed wrote:
I listen to a lot of media that creates this same overbloated straw-man.

Personally, I have my reservations about UBI. But when I read stuff on this website about young people sacrificing their time to make money by re-wording (regurgitating) online articles to make "SEO money" I just don't see how it makes the world a better place to search for a topic online and be met by the first page of results: all unoriginal trash articles that say basically the same thing as all the other articles. Maybe there are some cases where we really should just hand out money to some people.

A lot of things this world needs aren't actually profitable. For example, we need people healing the environmental destruction from decades of profit-driven exploitation of the natural world. No one benefits financially from clean air in the short-term, but we all benefit long-term. Who is going to be rewarded for propagating keystone species and reforesting desertified landscapes? Why bother spinning the hamster wheel just for the sake of spinning the hamster wheel? The world needs healthy food, and people are suffering, because they only have access to industrially-produced processed foods. Why would I grow beyond organic vegetables if people in my area can't pay me enough to make the endeavor worth my while economically? Perhaps, if I no longer have to worry about making ends meet, I can just focus on the joy of cultivation and share my surplus. Do you ever wonder exactly what you'd be doing with your life if you didn't have to always worry about the question, "But how will I make money?"

Wasn't that the vision people were sold about the future many decades ago? That eventually we could all enjoy unlimited leisure with flying cars and robots that do all the household chores? We were going to allow technology to make work obsolete. So why not? Do we really need to create useless tasks for people just to uphold some stoic notion of productivity?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

rudder wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 6:10 pm
But when I read stuff on this website about young people sacrificing their time to make money by re-wording (regurgitating) online articles to make "SEO money" I just don't see how it makes the world a better place to search for a topic online and be met by the first page of results: all unoriginal trash articles that say basically the same thing as all the other articles. Maybe there are some cases where we really should just hand out money to some people.
I'm not in principle opposed to some form of UBI. It is just that I don't think the intention is for anything good to come out of anything under the current regime.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

The communists want us to move towards digital currency only because its easy to eliminate with the simple click of a button. They don't need firing squads anymore, they just need you to be dependent on the banking system and the moment you say anything bad about trannies they will wipe out your entire savings.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Cornfed wrote:
That sounds an awful lot like how the average filipino lives.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

rudder wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 6:10 pm
Cornfed wrote:
The idea of the evil global elite seems to be not so much to use UBI as a supplement but as the only currency most people will have. It will be paid digitally. You will probably be allocated a place to live - a "pod", meaning some kind of bunkhouse arrangement - and rent everything else you use with the possible exception of a few personal items.
I was doing some cooking when my wife was out of town, and I'd look up recipes. In order to get to the recipe, you'd have to get past some stupid 'blah blah blah' junk about how nice it is to eat the recipe on a winter day or some other useless drivel, probably there for SEO purposes.

Google use to be a very useful tool for searching the Internet and finding what you wanted. I could put in a website with the site command, for example, 'site:happierabroad.com', followed by a string or words or words in quotes and easily bring up those pages. That doesn't seem to work anymore. If you type something into Google, you might get a whole page of irrelevant ads. They have the dominant market share, so I guess they think they can decrease quality by feeding us ads. They used to clearly mark the ads for us. Before that, they ads were on the right, but we ignored that junk. It may be that there are too many web pages out there or else their algorithm has been 'gamed' so much that it's not very useful, and that's why us regular folks can't find what we want.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 9:09 pm
The communists want us to move towards digital currency only because its easy to eliminate with the simple click of a button. They don't need firing squads anymore, they just need you to be dependent on the banking system and the moment you say anything bad about trannies they will wipe out your entire savings.
Yeah, they already have some implementation of a "social credit" system that lets them digitally cancel people who say too many things TPTB don't like in China, and they're pushing for digital currencies there to get an even tighter grip on the populace. The NWO obviously has the same aspirations to do the same with similar systems in the USSA and so-called 'West.' Concepts like digital currencies, vaccine passports, microchipping (already going on now in Europe in some places) and social credit systems that were once all considered "tinfoil hatter" "conspiracy theories" are now being openly promoted by the Davos/WEF/etc crowd and media, as though they are positive ideas now that everyone should be embracing in order to be socially responsible and progressive and so on. We'll see how much resistance is possible as things go onward. One thing's for sure, we certainly now live in a real life "cyberpunk" campaign setting kinda like Johnny Mnemonic or those retro Shadowrun RPGs I used to play when I was a kid in the 90's, LOL. :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Cornfed wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 6:35 pm
I'm not in principle opposed to some form of UBI. It is just that I don't think the intention is for anything good to come out of anything under the current regime.
Yeah, same here pretty much, in theory I'd gladly pay a lot of extra income tax to support some sustainable bottom-line living standard via a well-designed UBI program, for humanitarian reasons.
But I'm afraid it's delusional to expect anything but a sociopathically malevolent application of such a program in nations controlled by the same schizo jews who brought us Bolshevism first in the former USSR and now more Bolshevism right here in the US and elsewhere today.
On the USSA side: I'm sure it's no coincidence that they designed the post-1960s TANF system to actually incentivize people who could barely take care of themselves to breed even more in order to collect the money, then further stir up support for communism, and radicalize everyone against each other as everything goes down the tubes.
If they'd actually wanted to just provide a humanitarian safety net, obviously they would've made sure not to structure it that way to start with, and then people who were barely making it (or free-riding off a UBI system to live the soft life by choice, heheh) would be incentivized not to be breed, rather than vice-versa.
But regardless, pretty safe bet they'll tie any theoretic UBI to all sorts of other tyrannical control mechanisms.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Cornfed and @WilliamSmith

Instead of UBI, I'd suggest something more like the Polish system and we give $250 a month to families for each child they have. This way we reward people for getting married and building families.

The jews would never support that though for obvious reasons.