The Evil of Capitalism

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: The Evil of Capitalism

Post by Pixel--Dude »

A cool video which serves as a strong reminder of what our current society is:

Interested to hear how you guys interpret this. What do all the different elements represent?

Here's another good one which shows how things work in our current society:

You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 10:46 am

I don't think I will bother to try to figure out what this was supposed to be a metaphor of. It's like a spoof of random elements of consumer culture and media. But the Monty Python style cartoons are entertaining to watch, even though the whole video is so weird. It says, 'cream yourself happy.' Does 'cream yourself' have the same meaning in the UK that it means in US slang? And 'three types of AIDS'? That's so over the top, I had to chuckle at that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 10:46 am

I don't think I will bother to try to figure out what this was supposed to be a metaphor of. It's like a spoof of random elements of consumer culture and media. But the Monty Python style cartoons are entertaining to watch, even though the whole video is so weird. It says, 'cream yourself happy.' Does 'cream yourself' have the same meaning in the UK that it means in US slang? And 'three types of AIDS'? That's so over the top, I had to chuckle at that.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Another thing I despise about this capitalist system is planned obsolescence. I was going to make a new thread on this, but thought I'll just post it in here instead.

So, my phone is nearing the end of its contract. As such, my network provider have offered me new contracts with new phones for £20 per month dearer than I'm already currently paying. What's more, now that my contract is about to expire my phone has been playing up. Sometimes when I call people they can't hear me and I have to call back several times. Then my internet randomly goes, even though I've still got data remaining and never had similar issues before.

I called them and said I'm not interested in a new phone, I want to keep this one I have and just pay for minutes, texts and data. So when I threatened to leave them for another service provider they sang a different tune and agreed to allow me to pay £14 per month for unlimited minutes and texts and also some GB (can't remember how much. It's lots anyway and I never usually run out.)

But yeah, pretty sure (though I could be mistaken) that @TruthSeeker mentioned something similar in a different thread related to planned obsolescence.

What do you guys think of it? Isn't it just f***ing greedy and evil?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I've reflected some more on the evil ideology of capitalism.

I think most people are too silly to understand that people who oppose capitalism are not communist. This is another false dichotomy like the choice between organised religion or atheism. Communism sucks, but so does capitalism. It might have inspired innovation for a while, but now the system has become a tool of evil and is getting exploited by corporate elite who are steadily taking more and more control over our lives.

The problem we have now is that automation and A.I technologies are increasing at such a rate that we're reaching the point where people working these shitty jobs for rubbish wages just doesn't make any f***ing sense any more!

The solution is simple: give everyone a universal income without condition. A set amount for everyone to live on. Automate everything that can be automated and free up more people to learn vocational skills (take the strain off NHS for example with more doctors) or simply free people to follow their own passions! There's absolutely no reason why most jobs now can't be automated, with the exception that a capitalist system stands in the way of it by putting people out of jobs.

We have to transcend capitalism. Leave it behind like the redundant piece of shit that it is and integrate a new system which is conducive to human happiness and flourishing. We live in an age of absolute abundance and there is absolutely no reason why important resources can't be shared among everyone. The only reason the Elites want to hold onto this dying system is for their own abhorrent greed!

So what is the real meaning of capitalism today? The real meaning is that humanity is comprised of greedy, childish infants who don't want to share. :roll: