How do you deal with the society and politics depression?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
vlkmo
Freshman Poster

How do you deal with the society and politics depression?

Post by vlkmo »

I think society has got very depressing and potentially dangerous/hostile since the recession in '08 and all the subsequent events since then that we will not recover. Not that there wasn't corruption or that the roots weren't already placed, but the furthest point of reference back that I have is that after '08 the US and the West going downhill became more noticeable to me.

I'm almost resigned to the reality that life will not get better again in my lifetime and is going to continue getting much worse bar a powerful divine intervention or near-extinction event and we don't even know what direction those would take. It is also a depressing realization that I will not see my ideas of society "implemented" in my own lifetime. And I am still in the first third of a century of a lifetime.

What are some things and ideas everyone else uses to deal with this existential dread?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How do you deal with the society and politics depression?

Post by Moretorque »

I told Winston he should make more singing videos to comfort and aid us through these perilous times.
I will go fetch his work to help sooth you..
Time to Hide!
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Well, you need to leave - you're correct that 'western society' is getting more angry, divisive and confrontational as well as poorer so you need to make a plan and get the hell out of there because things aint gonna improve, it isn't the same everywhere either so you can find somewhere where you can live a reasonable existence.
vlkmo
Freshman Poster

Post by vlkmo »

It will spread everywhere else eventually.

I don't think I'd be able to go anywhere else permanently because the current stage I am at right now and don't think I'll have that much time to improve it.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I made my Arkian group to try to find any remnant non-scum, but there hardly seem to be any.

http://www.arkian.net/
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

vlkmo wrote:
November 17th, 2023, 8:48 pm
No it won't.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

vlkmo wrote:
November 17th, 2023, 8:48 pm

I don't think I'd be able to go anywhere else permanently because the current stage I am at right now and don't think I'll have that much time to improve it.
Yick is way too overly optimistic. all you have to do is look at all the Western countries right now, mass migration invasions and all that shit, which isn't going to make these countries better what so ever. After they get finish killing off the West, they want Asia next.
vlkmo
Freshman Poster

Post by vlkmo »

I think political issues are just depressing nowadays and there isn't much point since it is very unlikely my politics will be applied in any way in society in my own lifetime.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

vlkmo wrote:
November 17th, 2023, 4:53 pm
... that after '08 the US and the West going downhill became more noticeable to me.

I'm almost resigned to the reality that life will not get better again in my lifetime and is going to continue getting much worse ...
Can you define which region/countries you consider as 'West'?

Countries - despite Western-orientated are not all the same - USA is not Brazil, Japan is not UK, Philippines is not Australia etc. despite all 6 countries I mentioned are with western-style governments and not communist orientated.

There are Muslim countries which do not fit into both, Western and Communist political system.

Getting worse? For me so far, not really. Depends on the individual.
Comparing my life as a child, as a young man, and how I live now I can only say, it improved considerably.
For me my life NOW is the best part of my life. I cannot confirm that it is going FOR ME getting worse - not at all.