Trump, Defamation Case, Rape Accusations

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Trump, Defamation Case, Rape Accusations

Post by MrMan »

I was reading about a Trump case where Trump was ordered to pay 10s of millions in damages for defamation.

The woman claims she was in a department store, started flirting with Trump, went into a dressing room, and he pressed her against the wall, stuck it in her and raped her, and she didn't scream.

Then I read the court decided he was liable of something or other, not technically legally rape under civil law in New York, but not beyond a reasonable doubt, just preponderance of the evidence. His lawyer verbal reprimands for basically maintaining his innocence since the jury had accepted that he had done things he was accused of.

I know women say they freeze up. But if a woman flirts with a man and agrees to go into a dressing room with her. He pulls down or over her panties, pulls it out, and has sex with her and she doesn't even scream, should that legally count as rape? I know people say they freeze, but shouldn't she be expected to scream? And if a woman is going to go into a dressing room with a man she is flirting with like that, should she have any standing to cry rape, if she didn't even scream?

I'm not saying a man should behave like that. How about accusing them both of adultery? If he was married at the time, why would she flirt and go into a dressing room?

A scenario where they kiss hot and heavy and then boom, they are having sex, why don't they say if you are slutty enough to put yourself in that situation-- not just get tricked into a dressing room or someone barges in on you-- then why not throw a rape case out?

It's like if a girl invites a guy over to her apartment, goes to bed naked, then charges him with rape because she didn't specifically verbally invite him to enter...it's ridiculous to call that rape. I've got no problem with the old adultery or fornication charges being leveled against them, but rape?

Of course, Trump paints this as a ridiculous scenario and says he didn't do it. The courts and legal system in New York are probably very biased against him. There was someone who ran campaigning on bringing some kind of charges against Trump. I don't like a system where finding some kind of charges against a man serve as the basis of a political campaign. On the other hand, Trump hasn't been known to live the most moral lifestyle.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Re: Trump, Defamation Case, Rape Accusations

Post by Traveler »

If it really did happen I can understand why Trump may have thought it was consensual at the time. According to her own account, she voluntarily entered the dressing room and did not resist when Trump made a move. Keep in mind she's not even sure of the year when this happened. She says it was either 1995 or 1996. What was Trump expected to do? Have her sign a consent form?

Sexual-Consent-Form.pdf
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I heard her account, and she said he asked her to help him pick out a gift for a woman. They looked at a few things, and then he thought of lingerie. She went upstairs and no one was around. She was beaming telling what a great moment this was, this popular celebrity asking her to do this stuff. He grabs some lingerie and tells her to put it on. She said he should wear it, laughing. She said she used to write for SNL and the idea of Trump trying on the lingerie was funny in her mind. He had her go into the fitting room, she said. She said normally people were around, but not now, and normally doors were locked. She said he went in there after her, pushed her against the wall, and entered her, and it hurt.

So it doesn't sound like, from her story, that she tried to go into the dressing room with him.

On the other hand, I cannot rule out the possibility that the left hate him so much that multiple women would come forward with assault type stories. On the other hand, with the marriages, stories of affairs, payoffs, his admitting to popping into the dressing area for Miss Teen whatever competition, etc.... I don't know.

If Trump wants to have a compaign on this level, he could show that YouTube video of Biden sniffing girls and women's hair, showing a lot of affection to girls in public, and telling that black man that if he doesn't vote for him, he's not Black. I don't know why a commercial with Biden saying that you're not black quote wasn't on every TV station during the last election. That might cost Biden much of the Black vote, that combined with the racial jungle quote.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I'm happy to hear that fat f**k lost the case. Eighty-three million in damages, damn. Kind of insane. But it couldn't happen to a nicer person. Why right-wing folks continue to treat that morbidly obese orange goon like he's the Messiah is something I'll wrap my head around.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Maybe legislators will put some caps on damages. Alex Jones...a billion dollars?

What about us regular people?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

If the American people want Trump to be President, I say let him be President. Then he can pardon himself of all those criminal charges. He should have pardoned himself before leaving office.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Biden and Trump, both of them are anything else but a good choice for being the president of the USA. It is sad that USA could not find other politicians who fit better. Biden is simply said too old for the next 4 years, gives a rather senile impression.

Trump is a wild unpredictable person. Somehow I cannot help to say Trump has a good chance to become the president again.
Still better than Hillary Clinton for president, there is always somebody around who is worse than the other.... LOL

About all these strange accusations against him, US-justice is a legal chaos. Every federal state has its own laws, even Supreme Courts...
What is a crime in one state is perfectly acceptable in another state.

It is however really difficult to be a politician in USA, whatever you do - one person is for you and the other person against you.