Languages that you love and languages that you can't f'n' stand

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Languages that you love and languages that you can't f'n' stand

Post by Lucas88 »

@WilliamSmith recently posted this comment in a thread about Western men and Japanese women:
WilliamSmith wrote:
July 26th, 2022, 10:27 pm
Chinese tiger women are wonderful too, if it wasn't for my passion black women I'd probably be one of the most voracious lovers of Japanese and Cantonese women. Mandarin speaking Chinese women are pretty too, I just can't stand 蝗語 "Mandarin" even though I know so many people cursed with that non-Chinese mongoloid horse nomad bastard language are wonderful people even though that awful language is such a blemish on the otherwise unparalleled beauty and grandeur of Chinese history. :mrgreen:
It's clear from the comment above that William hates Mandarin so much that he considers it an abomination which takes away from the otherwise supreme beauty and grandeur of Chinese civilization. His comment expressing his hatred for the language inspired me to create this thread where we can talk about about our own linguistic predilections and aversions.

Of course, our love and hatred for certain languages is largely subjective, although I don't discount the possibility that some languages might have some traits or qualities that make them objectively better designed than others. But our aesthetic perceptions of languages are obviously subjective to a large degree, so we shouldn't get offended if somebody expresses their opinion that a language that we speak or admire is ugly or otherwise inferior in some way or another. I intend for this thread to be a "safe space" for haters of certain languages, although praises from lovers are also welcome too! :D

Unlike WilliamSmith, I myself don't have any particularly strong opinion on the aesthetic qualities of the various Chinese dialects, but I do have strong opinions of my own pertaining to European and other Asian languages.

I'll begin with my native language of British English. I actually feel strong aversion towards this language despite it being my native language and even view it as an inferior language in many regards. First, I find British English's phonology utterly repugnant whether it be the ice-cold and soulless "received pronunciation" or any one of the bumpkinish varieties spoken by the common people throughout the country. The sounds of the language just sound totally passionless and a bit whiny as well as excessively mumbled as though they don't have clear form. I despise how British people talk and think that their language sounds totally hideous. Second, I loathe the fact that the lexicon of English is merely an unsightly hodgepodge of words from disparate origins (Anglo-Saxon, French and Latin). English's lexical composition utterly disgusts me too. I'd rather English be a purer and more conservative Germanic language like Swedish for example and for it to form the majority of its vocabulary from its native roots like so many other languages do. English's lexical impurity is perhaps my biggest pet peeve with the language. Third, I don't like how English's grammar has been simplified and how verbs have lost most of their inflection. I prefer the more intensely inflected languages like Spanish and Russian. English feels like an empty language to me without complex personal conjugations or a real subjunctive mood like Spanish has. Grammatically I think that English has sacrificed expressiveness for simplicity :x . These are the main reasons why I consider it an inferior language despite its widespread use.

However, despite my absolute aversion towards British English, for me North American English is the language's saving grace. I quite like the English of the New World. While I'm no lover of the US, I still recognize that the country has excelled for many decades at music, cinema and other forms of entertainment. So many innovative genres, cinematic masterpieces, awesome series and brilliant videogames have come out of America and created a popular culture that has a certain "cool factor" and is way ahead of anything that ever came out of the soul-numbingly boring and miserable UK. From a linguistic standpoint what happened was nothing short of a miracle. America took the utterly hideous and ill-constituted language of the British Isles, gave it a new character, imbued it with a certain hipness and turned it into the medium of the funnest and most interesting current of pop culture in the 20th century. I'm genuinely impressed! :D I admit that I would have completely abandoned English if America and its superior music and cinema had never come into existence. Without America English would just be that ugly, weird, inferior, ill-constituted language of the semi-barbarian people of the UK, just a botched perversion of linguistic nature.

Spanish on the other hand is the language which I love the most. It was my first foreign language and I absolutely adore it. I find Spanish's phonology so pure and harmonious. Its sounds are pronounced with power, are imbued with such passion and sound so quintessentially Latin. I also greatly appreciate Spanish's much purer lexicon as well as its derivational system of roots for word formation. With the exception of some marginal Arabic roots and some Greek classical compounds inherited through Latin, the vast majority of the language's vocabulary derives directly from its Roman parent language. This gives Spanish the sensation of great coherence and keeps the language true to its own ancestral character. I also love Spanish's complex verb conjugations, grammatical genders, fusional verb tenses, and three subjunctive moods (four if you include the archaic future subjunctive). The language's fusional nature makes it more compact and concise. It also gives the language an unbelievable level of richness. Even though my native language is English, I enjoy speaking Spanish a lot more and prefer to watch movies and read novels in the language too. In fact I even prefer to watch the dubbed versions of American movies because I've noticed that the Spanish words just have more inherent substance than their English counterparts and I seem to understand the Spanish versions in greater depth. Besides, they just sound better in Spanish. ¡Todo suena mejor en español!

As for other Germanic language outside of English, I can't stand most of them either. Swedish is the one exception that sounds quite melodious and aesthetically pleasing but I watched a few Swedish movies and documentaries about Swedish society with English subtitles and found the content mostly depressing as f**k. Maybe I'd be willing to learn Swedish if Sweden had established colonies in either South or Central America with all of the joy and vivaciousness of the countries situated in that part of the world. Modern-day Scandinavia is miserable as sin. I also studied German for a while but found it almost as phonologically ugly as British English and also overly serious in tone and somewhat robotic. I really can't stand the German vibe either. It just strikes me as serious, stern, repressed and anal retentive about everything. Dutch is even worse. To me it sounds like a language that was purposely engineered to sound as ugly and goofy as possible. Germanic culture is a far cry from the passionate, free-spirited, life-affirming culture of the Mediterranean world and Latin America. At this point I think that I can only truly love Latin civilization.

These are my opinions on British English, North American English, Spanish and the continental Germanic languages. I'll add more of my opinions (both positive and negative) on some other languages later. What about you guys? Tell us what you think about various languages!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Languages that you love and languages that you can't f'n' stand

Post by MrMan »

Most of us aren't really going to know a language if we hate it, unless its our native language.

The accents of people of certain languages speakers can be endearing or irritating. Most accents don't bother me. Vietnamese people and people from that whole part of Asia can have a rough accent. My wife and I went to this store where there was a shopkeeper with a certain African accent that was so full of plosives or something that it felt like the woman was punching me in the eardrum, and in the side of her head with her voice. I was trying to get out of there without being rude, but my wife was too engrossed in conversation. I wonder if I sort of had a bit of a headache coming on at that time, something I rarely get.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Chinese is so ugly I agree with William. That is a total no go. Though I tried to work against my beliefs and with a lot of work I found these to songs plus dancing.

Original - Chinese shuffle dance - Woman is not wrong

Chinh Man Man Singing by Qing Lu Wan Wan - shuffle dance
--------------------------------

I am a German language speaker. German is fun when you read and talk intellectual stuff. It is quite interesting though hard to get to that level.

English is very nice for almost everything though lacking a bit emotions where the Latin speakers shine.

I fell in love with latinamerican spanish when I went to work there for 3 months in Argentina. I could not speak any spanish and was not able to learn it because I had no time and no system. There I discovered Thalia. She is a superstar from Mexico living in the USA. Many people learned spanish from her songs. She is just great. With youtube I could get all of her songs. Her songs were my daily sing along routine.

With the song despacito Latinamerica brought back some music power back into the charts. I sang the song probably 1000 times or more.

Thalia - megamix (big red video mix)

btw some Shakira - Ojos Así (Official HD Video)

But Latinamerica is not as creative as USA. Even though LA has more emotions their music generally are not as good as that from the USA. I tried the usual latin dances but the music is kind of children's music.

I lived in the Philippines for 5 years. They have emotions but they have not the work ethic to translate it to good music. Though there is some I like and one is fantastic.

ikaw - zumba version

Dahil Sa'yo | Live Love Party | Zumba®
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I hate them all. They all have bullshit rules and/or exceptions to rules that only persist because that's the way everyone speaks it, not because they make a lick of sense.

Beginning with English, with its profoundly obtuse spelling system. You can never know how a word is spelled based on how it sounds, or how it sounds based on how it is spelled. Who ever thought that was a good idea?

Latin languages think an inanimate object like an apple or a chair should have a gender.

Asian languages think that a writing system should be as complex and difficult to learn as humanly possible.

In a manner, languages epitomize the triumph of hard-headed conservatism over progressivism in all of its infuriating glory, where everything is done merely because that's the way it has always been done and that's the way everyone is doing it, not because there aren't more sensible ways.
Jsport
Freshman Poster

Post by Jsport »

As an English and Spanish speaker, I don't like neither language. I hear a lot of people say that Spanish is a great language with passion, but too me Spanish is a language I don't resonate with as a person. Spanish is a passionate language, but that too me is what I don't like about it. There's too much passion when you try to explain something. In Spanish it's difficult to explain something clearly and direct because of the emotional nature of the language, something that English is good at. What I don't like about English is the lack of options you have when you try to explain something complex, something that Spanish is very good at. I also don't like North american English because it lacks cultural sound whereas the British English is more cultural in it's pronunciation, but can also be annoying at times. But I do like some American music and English Football (Soccer). Too me I feel that I would resonate more with languages like Swedish or German, based on the research that I have done, and how I hear those languages, and the few words that I learned so far. I have always had a hard time with English and Spanish as languages. I feel that if I learn a different language that is more suitable for me, than I would see life in a much more positive way.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Jsport wrote:
July 28th, 2022, 1:17 pm
As an English and Spanish speaker, I don't like neither language. I hear a lot of people say that Spanish is a great language with passion, but too me Spanish is a language I don't resonate with as a person. Spanish is a passionate language, but that too me is what I don't like about it. There's too much passion when you try to explain something. In Spanish it's difficult to explain something clearly and direct because of the emotional nature of the language, something that English is good at. What I don't like about English is the lack of options you have when you try to explain something complex, something that Spanish is very good at. I also don't like North american English because it lacks cultural sound whereas the British English is more cultural in it's pronunciation, but can also be annoying at times. But I do like some American music and English Football (Soccer). Too me I feel that I would resonate more with languages like Swedish or German, based on the research that I have done, and how I hear those languages, and the few words that I learned so far. I have always had a hard time with English and Spanish as languages. I feel that if I learn a different language that is more suitable for me, than I would see life in a much more positive way.
Interesting comment! :D

I'm fascinated by what you wrote about Spanish and its inherently passionate nature (even though you say that it doesn't resonate with you personally) since it confirms what I've been saying about languages for a long time, Namely that certain languages have their own objectively real qualities and characteristics (in this case Spanish's abundant passion) and that these either resonate with those who share the same qualities and characteristics or repel those who don't. For me this is the objective basis of our subjective predilections and aversions pertaining to languages.

It's true that Spanish injects an abundance of passion into almost any sentence and this is indeed one of the reasons why I love the language so much since I'm an extremely passionate person with a very Mediterranean or Latin soul, but I've never found it to be an obstacle for clear explanations. Rather I tend to find Spanish clearer and better for explaining things than English precisely because the passion present in the voice of the speaker holds my attention much more whereas whenever I'm having a conversation with passionless British English speakers I often get bored really quickly and start daydreaming (usually in Spanish) and miss out on some of the content. In fact I can't listen to British English without either getting bored or feeling aversion to the sounds of the language.

I also know what you mean about Spanish having more options for explaining complex things. Grammatical features such as the subjunctive moods (which most L2 learners of Spanish hate) give the language greater flexibility and make it so much easier to weave subordinate clauses into an overall sentence with greater range of nuances. English speakers on the other hand just clumsily string elements of a complex sentence together in the most convoluted ways. Spanish has a more flexible word order which also makes forming sentences more comfortable. I've always found Spanish more intuitive even though I'm not a native speaker.

I personally cannot stand the faux-cultured touch of the prestige dialects of British English. It's always struck me as fake, put-on, smug and a bit obnoxious.
flowerthief00 wrote:
July 28th, 2022, 12:18 pm
Latin languages think an inanimate object like an apple or a chair should have a gender.
I find that native Anglophones are usually retarded when it comes to matters related to foreign languages. They tend not to be able to understand that grammatical gender is distinct from biological gender even if these often overlap in the case of animate nouns. Grammatical gender isn't based on some supposed inherent maleness or femaleness of, say, a chair or a table. It is determined primarily by the final vowel or consonant of a word and is therefore more like a series of paradigms of sound harmony (e.g., cuarto amplio, mesa alta).

I personally love all of the grammatical quirks of foreign languages. They're what give them unique character and richness. I also love kanji/hanzi for this same reason.

I don't see what's so hard about masculine and feminine anyway. In Spanish and Italian in most cases for masculine you just add -o to the root and use the article el/il and for feminine you just add -a and use la. It's a piece of piss!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

The English language is meant for power and control.

In Colombia, they say "Buenas" as a greeting and it sounds nice and natural.

In Vietnam, they say "Em oi" and "An oi" and it sounds nice and natural.

In those countries, the language brings people together in a good way.

In the US, instead of bringing people together, English is used as a way to control and dominate others. There are zero good words in English.

I REFUSE to live in this system of power and control.

I HATE this country and the people in it.

I HATE how f***ed up and shitty everyone is to each other.

I HATE the judgmental nature of white people.

I HATE how white men look down on and are nasty to other white men.

I HATE THIS COUNTRY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 2:42 pm
I HATE the judgmental nature of white people.
That sounds a bit judgmental toward white people.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 2:42 pm
The English language is meant for power and control.

In Colombia, they say "Buenas" as a greeting and it sounds nice and natural.

In Vietnam, they say "Em oi" and "An oi" and it sounds nice and natural.

In those countries, the language brings people together in a good way.

In the US, instead of bringing people together, English is used as a way to control and dominate others. There are zero good words in English.
I speculate that the sounds of languages, like chords in music, have their own frequencies of vibration and influence the mood and consciousness of their speakers in particular ways. I touched on this topic before in an earlier thread. If, for example, the phonological inventory of a particular language includes many pleasant and harmonious sounds then that same language when spoken will produce a joyous, calming or otherwise positive effect in the consciousness of those who frequently speak or listen to it whereas languages with a preponderance of harsh or discordant sounds will conversely generate feelings of anger, hostility, depression and angst in their speakers. This is just like how certain musical genres influence the psychological state of listeners.

I notice that British people are normally cold, gloomy, antisocial and emotionless. Much of this has to do with their repressive society and the culture's egregore or collective soul at large but I believe that it is also influenced by the sound frequencies of the language itself which simply reinforce such typical British characteristics. Anecdotally I tend to feel more melancholic when I speak English or when I'm in a British environment. It's as though the language with its weird mangled sounds and its depressing intonation brings down my mood and represses me somehow on a psychological level. I feel like I just can't be myself. This is why I hate British English, refuse to speak it when I'm in a Hispanophone country and only speak Spanish. I find that speaking Spanish lifts my mood and brings out a more joyous and sociable side in me. Some people think that it's irrational to hate and refuse to speak a certain language -- especially if it's one's native language -- but for me it's no more irrational than avoiding a certain musical genre because of the negative effects that you perceive it to have on your mood.

I also perceive on a subjective level that many words in English have a very unpleasant frequency due to the oddness of their sound. English is my native language but it just feels so alien to me. Spanish on the other hand almost exclusively has harmonious sounds. There's virtually no Spanish words that I find unpleasant due to their sound structure. Same for Portuguese (Brazilian) and Italian.

I myself learned Spanish through self-study from the age of 17, have lived in various Hispanophone countries for extended periods of time and indeed prefer this L2 to my native language, but if things had worked out a little different in my childhood I could have been a native speaker. When I was a little kiddy I had extended family who lived in Spain and my immediate family and I used to spend the summers there or veranear as they say in Spanish. My immediate family had ties to Spain and we could have moved there too at one point. If that had happened I would have acquired Spanish in childhood and would now be a native Hispanophone. How chévere would that have been! :D
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 4:24 pm
I also perceive on a subjective level that many words in English have a very unpleasant frequency due to the oddness of their sound.

NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

I like German, British English, Italian, French, Japanese. Never cared for Chinese, Spanish, and most Asian languages, besides Japanese. I kind of like Russian. Some native American languages sound cool. Most languages I’ve heard are just meh.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I've listened to a few girlfriends in VN and TH speak English and then I've heard them speak their native language. I much prefer them to speak their native language.

I much prefer to speak Thai or Vietnamese which Is why I am learning these languages. I think English has a bad force on a person's mind. It's no wonder why everyone in the West is "separated" from each other.

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
July 30th, 2022, 12:37 pm
I've listened to a few girlfriends in VN and TH speak English and then I've heard them speak their native language. I much prefer them to speak their native language.

I much prefer to speak Thai or Vietnamese which Is why I am learning these languages. I think English has a bad force on a person's mind. It's no wonder why everyone in the West is "separated" from each other.
I feel the same way. I've already spoken about my own belief that the strange phonological qualities of English generate lower frequencies of vibration and therefore have a negative effect on a speaker's mental state and emotions. English is a language that I don't particularly like, at least in its spoken form.

As I've mentioned a few times here, I have a high level of Spanish fluency and insist on speaking nothing but Spanish when I'm in Spain or Latin America. Fortunately English is not widely spoken throughout vast portions of the continent but whenever I come across somebody who does speak English and tries to speak it with the "gringo" I absolutely refuse to speak it with them. In Spain and Latin America I actively avoid anybody who speaks English or who is otherwise an Anglophile. I also don't date Latinas who speak English or are interested in learning it and who specifically want an Anglophone boyfriend. I am determined to live every area of my daily life in Spanish and refuse to associate with anybody who's not on board with that.

Let me let you in on a secret. Language learning is a highly competitive arena. It doesn't really bring people together. It simply injects more conflict of interests into social encounters and relationships. One person wants to speak one language (the L2 which he/she is studying) and the other person wants to speak the other. The result of this conflict of interests is manipulation, exploitation, dishonesty and power play. Foreigners who speak or learn English for example might act friendly with you but usually they don't really give a shit about you. They just want to practice English with the American guy. As soon as you want to speak their language most of them lose all interest in you. The same thing can happen in relationships. Some girls just want an eigo-kun boyfriend (Japanese example) and will drop your ass as soon as you don't comply with her conditions.

Understanding that friendships and relationships with people who want to learn or speak English will only result in a conflict of interests somewhere down the line given that I want to live my whole life in Spanish, I regard it as prudent to refuse friendships and relationships with such people. I am usually honest and open about my exclusive use of Spanish and my hatred of Anglo culture. Most people get the point right off the bat. Those who don't take note and persistently ask me to speak English with them or teach their kids English or whatever or mockingly make remarks to me in broken English even if it's just friendly banter, well, I just ghost them. I only associate with Spaniards and Latinos who are pure Hispanophones, patriots of their respective Hispanic culture, and Hispanic hasta los cojones!

But back to the topic of English and its negative frequencies and negative effects on one's mental state, I once had a correspondence with a knowledgeable occultist who shared my theory that English's phonological inventory includes many sounds which generate low frequencies of vibration within the consciousness of speakers and promote negative emotions and thought patterns and that same occultist explained to me that this is why the elites have been trying to push English as an international language for a long time now.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Lucas88 wrote:
July 27th, 2022, 7:56 pm
@WilliamSmith recently posted this comment in a thread about Western men and Japanese women:
WilliamSmith wrote:
July 26th, 2022, 10:27 pm
Chinese tiger women are wonderful too, if it wasn't for my passion black women I'd probably be one of the most voracious lovers of Japanese and Cantonese women. Mandarin speaking Chinese women are pretty too, I just can't stand 蝗語 "Mandarin" even though I know so many people cursed with that non-Chinese mongoloid horse nomad bastard language are wonderful people even though that awful language is such a blemish on the otherwise unparalleled beauty and grandeur of Chinese history. :mrgreen:
It's clear from the comment above that William hates Mandarin so much that he considers it an abomination which takes away from the otherwise supreme beauty and grandeur of Chinese civilization. His comment expressing his hatred for the language inspired me to create this thread where we can talk about about our own linguistic predilections and aversions.
Aww, schucks, can't a barbaric gweilo from the collapsing degenerated disastrous collapsing empire of the jewnited states have the occasional intemperate outburst without being quoted topline at the start of a thread that will probably be viewed all over the world?!? :lol:

Actually, I'm honored. But I re-iterate that I don't have the slightest bad feeling toward Mainland Chinese or Mandarin speakers elsewhere (including Taiwan, where they have their own take on Mandarin that they claim is supposedly vastly superior to the Mandarin "putonghua" in general).
In fact, even the other Mandarin speakers often comment they can't stand the supposed "pirate-like" Beijing take on Mandarin, even if they then go on and troll that their own southern Cantonese cousins talking nonsense about how they think Cantonese is supposedly "rude," or whatever.

But as for the positive side:

Cantonese is my #1 favorite language, truly a unique creation. It's arguably most similar to the "middle" classical Chinese that Chinese people actually spoke during the most amazing periods of their ancient civilization when it was really thriving unlike any other.
(Mandarin was a much, much more recent development, a strange frankenstein language created by non-Chinese Mongoloid horse barbarians who couldn't speak actual Chinese worth !@#$, but that's nothing against the people who speak Mandarin now.) :)
I'm still working on that amateur translation of the Nei Jing that I mentioned for the "Energy Arts" thread, but here's a quick sample (I was lucky I found the clip from some good soul who uploaded it to jewtube, I still haven't ripped the VHS I have of this movie from the '90's, LOL):

I don't have anything against any Mandarin speakers and am even all-for Emperor Xi KO'ing Soros's tribe and smashing the ZOG bankers and jews, and heroically saving China even if they have to speak 蝗語 "Mandarin" all the way, as long as they don't try to push their weird totalitarian !@#$ on the rest of us.

But Mandarin is the only language I know of that I personally don't like, even though I'd probably rather bite the bullet and try to learn to get used to it if I had to, since I outright love Chinese (including mainlanders) way better than most people, and have always gotten along great with them (not just the women, either, believe it or not).

Not 100% sure, but maybe the reason I don't like Mandarin is that I got enough early childhood exposure to real Cantonese and connected it with being a dewy-eyed Sinophile over ancient Chinese culture, poetry, classical novels and so on, so Mandarin obviously not working with that in translation jarred discordantly...
That love of ancient Chinese culture that I have had a long time, by the way, was nothing to do with poaching their chicks in my case, but rather started as a small kid with being in awe of a Cantonese restaurant with a lot of Chinese aesthetics, then going bananas over the aesthetics of their old landscape paintings, then stumbling on Waley's translation of "Monkey" (annotated selections of the epic ancient novel Journey to the West).

If I was more into skinny chicks instead of risking life-and-limb to chase XL sized black American women, I'd probably have been an infamous Don Juan amongst Chinese women, but unlike the anti-Chinese shit-heels like that jew rat Adkins and other jewtubers who are always dissing Emperor Xi's China, I'd probably have exerted myself to get in their good graces even after they had the good sense to throw out all the other sexpats and "english tutors" and so on. :mrgreen:

But I feel slightly guilty, because I love Hong Kongers too, and most of them seriously hate the CCP with a passion. I don't like it either, but... reality = they got !@#$ing screwed because the jews (including Soros overtly) tried to exploit Hong Kong for a color revolution because they want to overthrow China as a sovereign nation. The POS zionist british empire never should have handed HK back over, but should have granted it its own independence, but !@#$ it, off-topic...

Like they always say in the Hong Kong 1990s films "it has got nothing to do with me," and I'll just hope to get fluent in Cantonese as a private passion, since there's nowhere I know of to go where it's the national language anymore. The 蝗語 Mandarin speakers are unfortunately trying to stamp Cantonese out, which is a major bummer. Trying to stamp out Cantonese is also possibly a mistake IMO, because if you've known some Cantonese, you have no idea how much they resent that, even if they're outright Chinese nationalist... :o
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I like this topic.... let's go on:

Cantonese is the top thing for me and I love it, even though it's not necessarily the most "masculine" language (though it can be masculine).

As for the other positives:

Japanese is my favorite masculinity language (awesome combination of masculinity, gentlemanliness, and formality, but can also sound rough and tough), yet it's similar to German in which the masculine potential and legendary qualities it has are potentially epic, yet wasted by the fact that subversive forces have sissified their men in the current day and age, so the masculine potential of their own language goes to waste more than it should....

Though even sissy men in modern Japan still sound much easier on the ear speaking their "casual" Japanese, vs the way weak "liberal" German men speak German, which is just awful and sounds worse than almost anything, even if the German language itself is legendary.....
So I guess we'll see whether Rammstein was the last death-gasp and travesty of the ancient Wagnerian masculine German, or whether the Germanics can rise again... good luck guys!

Meanwhile, I'm going to learn Cantonese for reasons of my own and the Kanji that go with that, but I'll more likely be speaking Vietnamese if I head East.
Vietnamese is a new favorite language of mine.
I've met some Vietnamese overseas and noticed they had an interesting accent, but never heard their language before, until discovering Vietnam as an absolutely wonderful one-of-a-kind place while researching expat destinations in the 2020s.
Vietnamese is very interesting because it's a unique language from the old Nam Yuet kingdom with ties to ancient Cantonese culture before the northern Chinese imperialists tried to stomp them into submission over the millennia, but then it has all these linkages to Cantonese even though they're not mutually intelligible. They even used to use 漢字 (Chinese characters), but they dropped those in favor of relatively easy diacritics which are pretty easy to input through a keyboard.

I might end up staying in the Caribbean forever, but if I turn into a hodler (or quasi-hodler with multiple gfs/wives), we might set sail for South East Asia later in my life.
I really would like to sail around Southeast Asia before I die or become too much of an old cripple, because those amazing islands are beautiful, and Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, and a lot of those others are amazing countries I'd like to see....
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/