Best Machine Translation Software

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Best Machine Translation Software

Post by Lucas88 »

What are some of the best machine translation programs available today?

I would like to find a good machine translation program for the quick translation of my philosophical articles and chapters from my novels since I like to write everything bilingually (English and Spanish). In the past I've translated my works manually but it was always so laborious and time-consuming. Manual translation is just so inefficient. :( I would therefore much prefer to get my hands on a machine translation program that can translate entire articles and chapters in an instant leaving me with the simple task of proofreading the automated translation and making stylistic changes. I know that Google can now translate webpages with a high level of accuracy and detail. Things seem to have improved a lot in recent years. @WilliamSmith mentioned DeepL Translate in one of his posts but as far as I know it can only be used to translate short pieces. I want something that can accurately translate documents between 5,000 and 8,000 words with few problems.

Could anybody give me advice on machine translation programs taking into account the needs which I've specified. Thanks! :D
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Re: Best Machine Translation Software

Post by WilliamSmith »

Lucas88 wrote:
July 29th, 2022, 6:23 pm
What are some of the best machine translation programs available today?

I would like to find a good machine translation program for the quick translation of my philosophical articles and chapters from my novels since I like to write everything bilingually (English and Spanish). In the past I've translated my works manually but it was always so laborious and time-consuming. Manual translation is just so inefficient. :( I would therefore much prefer to get my hands on a machine translation program that can translate entire articles and chapters in an instant leaving me with the simple task of proofreading the automated translation and making stylistic changes. I know that Google can now translate webpages with a high level of accuracy and detail. Things seem to have improved a lot in recent years. @WilliamSmith mentioned DeepL Translate in one of his posts but as far as I know it can only be used to translate short pieces. I want something that can accurately translate documents between 5,000 and 8,000 words with few problems.

Could anybody give me advice on machine translation programs taking into account the needs which I've specified. Thanks! :D
Good question, too bad I don't know a better answer yet, but after messing with some free demos of more complicated programs I ended up saying "hell with it" and just choosing to use the free ones such as DeepL and Google Translate.
This article apparently updated for viable options still here in 2022 listed a lot of programs (some free):
https://www.smartcat.com/blog/top-trans ... are-tools/

But also, while I have a great deal to say against jewgle for their heavy-handed role in malicious internet censorship in other threads, their AI language translators seems pretty good to me, and someone told me you could also use Google Docs to have an entire document uploaded and then machine translated and exported to a different PDF for free?

@Lucas88 if you find a good solution to this, let us know. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/