HouseMD vs. Cornfed (Boxing, MMA, NHB) - Winston, make it happen!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.

Should HouseMD and Cornfed fight each other for real?

Yes, they should duke out their differences like men
75%
No, violence is never the answer
25%

Total votes: 12
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: HouseMD vs. Cornfed (Boxing, MMA, NHB) - Winston, make it happen!

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 6:04 pm
This is kinda silly to me. 2 grown men setting up a real fight over getting angry at each other on an internet forum. Come on....LOL
It's not really silly at all when you consider that the fight would take place in a boxing ring and both combatants would each go through a training camp for the contest. I think that it could be a good way for the two gentlemen at hand to settle their rivalry.

I know that HouseMD says that he would like to fight Cornfed in Prague next November, but in the event that Cornfed is unable to make that date, I would like to suggest that you guys agree to square off either in Mexico or the US. If I remember correctly, Cornfed currently resides in Chihuahua and HouseMD in Florida, right? You guys live on the same continent. There's no reason why you couldn't meet up and do battle at some boxing gym or local boxing event.

Maybe the reason why HouseMD doesn't want any recordings of the fight to be made is because of his professional reputation, but is it really that bad for a doctor to participate in a combat sport? Many of us here would like to watch the fight and it would suck if we didn't get to witness the action.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 6:47 pm
It's not really silly at all when you consider that the fight would take place in a boxing ring and both combatants would each go through a training camp for the contest. I think that it could be a good way for the two gentlemen at hand to settle their rivalry.
If I'm gonna fight someone it's gonna be over something real......not over trivial back and forth arguing on an internet forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 4:41 pm
HouseMD wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 4:07 pm
Cornfed wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 3:27 pm
HouseMD wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 3:23 pm
I want good old fashioned boxing. MMA is a superior art form but I want to give him a good shot, and to not mess up our faces too badly. No recording though. I want it held in this venue because the owner is respectable and will ensure a fair fight and that no recording occurs on the premises. Point match, standard American boxing rules.
I don't know whether I can make it, but just for the sake of contemplation, what is your approximate height and weight?
5'11.5", 200 lbs
That's bigger than me of course, but within an acceptable range. I would have to get back to you later on whether I can make this. Is there any hurry to finalise?
You've got a couple months. I need to submit my PTO requests well in advance, so I need a lot of lead time.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Lucas88 wrote:
kangarunner wrote:
This is kinda silly to me. 2 grown men setting up a real fight over getting angry at each other on an internet forum. Come on....LOL

I know that HouseMD says that he would like to fight Cornfed in Prague next November, but in the event that Cornfed is unable to make that date, I would like to suggest that you guys agree to square off either in Mexico or the US. If I remember correctly, Cornfed currently resides in Chihuahua and HouseMD in Florida, right? You guys live on the same continent. There's no reason why you couldn't meet up and do battle at some boxing gym or local boxing event.

Maybe the reason why HouseMD doesn't want any recordings of the fight to be made is because of his professional reputation, but is it really that bad for a doctor to participate in a combat sport? Many of us here would like to watch the fight and it would suck if we didn't get to witness the action.
It is more that I don't want people to know I have anything to do with this forum. Plenty of my colleagues do boxing and MMA. Prague was picked as a destination because I'm going there anyway around that time and it's easy to buy people off to fight in their rings with few questions asked. You try to do that outside of your home town in the US and it tends to result in a lot of questions and liability concerns.

Personally I'm not a fan of Mexico. Cornfed is in New Zealand, may be easier to do SEA but I really hate flying out that way. My wife has always wanted to go to NZ but that presents many of the same problems you get in any fully developed and regulated country.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

kangarunner wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:13 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
If I'm gonna fight someone it's gonna be over something real......not over trivial back and forth arguing on an internet forum.
Honestly I'm just looking for am excuse to train harder, this is really just motivation. He gets motivated to do better in his life, I get motivated to do better in mine, everybody wins. It's not like it's a fight to the death, it's just a gentleman's match of boxing.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I don't want anyone to get seriously hurt, so why not switch to a pissing contest format instead of boxing/mma? Each gentlemen drinks a 12 pack of beer, then they face each at a starting distance of 5 meters, weapons in hands. At the signal go, they start slowly moving forwards and begin firing when they feel they are in range. Hits to the face scored double. Disqualification for feces throwing. Other rules to be determined. @Cornfed, @HouseMD, what do you say?

P.S. I voted yes, however i consider pissing contest the most manly form of duel since women are physically incapable of competing in this format , whereas they can box/wrestle.
Last edited by Shemp on November 10th, 2022, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

HouseMD wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:26 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
kangarunner wrote:

It is more that I don't want people to know I have anything to do with this forum. Plenty of my colleagues do boxing and MMA. Prague was picked as a destination because I'm going there anyway around that time and it's easy to buy people off to fight in their rings with few questions asked. You try to do that outside of your home town in the US and it tends to result in a lot of questions and liability concerns.

Personally I'm not a fan of Mexico. Cornfed is in New Zealand, may be easier to do SEA but I really hate flying out that way. My wife has always wanted to go to NZ but that presents many of the same problems you get in any fully developed and regulated country.
Cornfed's been in Mexico for a year or so.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

HouseMD wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:29 pm
kangarunner wrote:
Lucas88 wrote:
Honestly I'm just looking for am excuse to train harder, this is really just motivation. He gets motivated to do better in his life, I get motivated to do better in mine, everybody wins. It's not like it's a fight to the death, it's just a gentleman's match of boxing.
Nice reasoning dude. Motivation is everything. I gotta say though, Cornfed uploaded some videos and pics a few months ago and the guy is pretty jacked so my money is still on him just based on physique. Of course at 200 pounds you are no wilting flower. Hope you guys both make it to the venue and have a good clean fight.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 8:10 pm
HouseMD wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:29 pm
kangarunner wrote:
Lucas88 wrote:
Nice reasoning dude. Motivation is everything. I gotta say though, Cornfed uploaded some videos and pics a few months ago and the guy is pretty jacked so my money is still on him just based on physique. Of course at 200 pounds you are no wilting flower. Hope you guys both make it to the venue and have a good clean fight.
Physique doesn't make the fighter anyway, boxing is all about strategy and technique, hence it being picked.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@HouseMD & @Cornfed I voted for you guys to duke it out as well. If this is going to happen 100% I will be tempted to also fly to Prague and watch this boxing match first hand!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 8:10 pm
I gotta say though, Cornfed uploaded some videos and pics a few months ago and the guy is pretty jacked so my money is still on him just based on physique.
Being too jacked might be a detriment when it comes to boxing. It could cause a fighter to slow down and tire quicker than a leaner opponent. I imagine that Cornfed will change his training routine and trim down a little for this fight should it really take place.

That said, explosive power is of huge benefit for combat sports including boxing. I know that Cornfed is jacked. Is he explosive too?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I'm imagining Mexico, but both competitors have to drink a full glass of local tap water before the fight starts, and HouseMD isn't allowed to take any meds beforehand.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 10:04 am
I'm imagining Mexico, but both competitors have to drink a full glass of local tap water before the fight starts, and HouseMD isn't allowed to take any meds beforehand.
The Tijuana Tow-Tap Special
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

I wonder which one spoilsport voted "no, violence is never the answer". That person must have been a chick! :lol:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 7:59 pm
I wonder which one spoilsport voted "no, violence is never the answer". That person must have been a chick! :lol:
It was me. I find a "Cornfed vs HouseMD" boxing meet-up in Prague as silly and costly an idea as that of renting a sugar baby in Moscow and hoping she will marry and come live with one of us :)

Plus, I have seen Cornfed's body on photo but not HouseMD's. Unless I see evidence of the contrary I would imagine that, if this bout ever were to happen, the kind of alcohol HouseMD would need at the end of it would be more of the medical, than drinking, type.