Exactly, how are American women oppressed???

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Exactly, how are American women oppressed???

Post by fightforlove »

I hear liberals whine persistently about how women are "oppressed" and not given "equal rights", that the Republican party wages a "war on women", et cetera, et cetera. What exactly are these people talking about?? Women make up 60% of college graduates, receive equal pay and all sorts of perks and even advantages over men in the workplace. They can serve in the military or go into any profession/vocation of their choosing. They can get married or just play the field, have a baby or have an abortion, divorce laws and paternity laws seem to be in their favor, and at least up until 30 years of age, the dating scene also tilts in their favor over men. So, how are these American gals so horribly oppressed?? How are men not oppressed?? Am I missing something here???

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

guyintrouble911
Freshman Poster

Post by guyintrouble911 »

Women are not oppressed. Men are oppressed and women are the oppressors. One bitch accused me of rape and is trying to destroy me.

viewtopic.php?t=18030
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

No, women make - what is it - 7% less than men. In any career. Regardless of hours. That statistic hasn't changed at all in twenty years either. :;):
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

abcdavid01 wrote:No, women make - what is it - 7% less than men. In any career. Regardless of hours. That statistic hasn't changed at all in twenty years either. :;):
This is because women take more time off from work than men do, for instance, maternity leave. There is NO wage gap between men and women if you take away maternity leave. In fact, a recent study showed that women now make more than men do in New York city.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

jamesbond wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:No, women make - what is it - 7% less than men. In any career. Regardless of hours. That statistic hasn't changed at all in twenty years either. :;):
This is because women take more time off from work than men do, for instance, maternity leave. There is NO wage gap between men and women if you take away maternity leave. In fact, a recent study showed that women now make more than men do in New York city.
I know, I was being ironic.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

jamesbond wrote:
There's always been gender-based pay discrimination in the workplace; it's just the absolute opposite of what most people believe. The fact is, women get paid the same for LESS work due to gender discrimination. In some cases, women also get paid MORE than men for the same amount of work.

I'll give you the holy grail of examples. Male and female tennis players receive equal prize money in grand slam tournaments, despite the fact that men play best of five set matches while women play best of three.

Now imagine this commonplace scenario in a grand slam final: two male players duke it out over a five set match, while the women's final goes for its maximum three sets. This means the women have played only three-fifths the amount of tennis that the men have played (60%). And the prize money is equal...

PROFESSIONAL FEMALE ATHLETES GET PAID THE SAME AMOUNT AS MALE ATHLETES FOR DOING ONLY 60% OF THE WORK THEY DO! WHY AREN'T THE FEMINISTS COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS! WHAT HAPPENED TO EQUAL PAY? AND IT DOESN'T END THERE. IMAGINE A FEMALE PLAYER WINNING IN STRAIGHT SETS (2 SETS) AND THE MEN PLAYING FIVE SETS. THE FEMALE PLAYERS STILL GET THE SAME PRIZE MONEY, DESPITE PLAYING JUST 40% OF THE TENNIS THE MEN HAVE PLAYED!

In the 2012 Australian Open, Victoria Azarenka received $2.3 million for winning the women's singles title. In doing so she played a total of just 15 GAMES in 7 tennis matches.

The men's 2012 Australian Open champion was Novak Djokovic, who also received $2.3 million but played 55 GAMES in 7 tennis matches.

These kind of disparities are an outrage. Male players are clearly working harder than the women and therefore deserve more money. This is also disenfranchising for the crowds who pay to watch these events because it will artificially inflate ticket prices as female athletes are being paid a disproportionately large sum of prize money (compared to male athletes) in relation to to the amount of revenue that they are actually generating for tournament organisers.

Now obviously the above is only a specific example in a professional sport. BUT I assure you that this same principle (women getting paid more for the same amount of work, or the same for LESS work) is actually apparent in MANY PROFESSIONS AND MANY FIELDS. Other fields where I have been exposed to this FIRST HAND are the police force and the military.

The whole concept of men being paid more is nothing but a feminist fairy tale.
guyintrouble911
Freshman Poster

Post by guyintrouble911 »

clowny wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
There's always been gender-based pay discrimination in the workplace; it's just the absolute opposite of what most people believe. The fact is, women get paid the same for LESS work due to gender discrimination. In some cases, women also get paid MORE than men for the same amount of work.

I'll give you the holy grail of examples. Male and female tennis players receive equal prize money in grand slam tournaments, despite the fact that men play best of five set matches while women play best of three.

Now imagine this commonplace scenario in a grand slam final: two male players duke it out over a five set match, while the women's final goes for its maximum three sets. This means the women have played only three-fifths the amount of tennis that the men have played (60%). And the prize money is equal...

PROFESSIONAL FEMALE ATHLETES GET PAID THE SAME AMOUNT AS MALE ATHLETES FOR DOING ONLY 60% OF THE WORK THEY DO! WHY AREN'T THE FEMINISTS COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS! WHAT HAPPENED TO EQUAL PAY? AND IT DOESN'T END THERE. IMAGINE A FEMALE PLAYER WINNING IN STRAIGHT SETS (2 SETS) AND THE MEN PLAYING FIVE SETS. THE FEMALE PLAYERS STILL GET THE SAME PRIZE MONEY, DESPITE PLAYING JUST 40% OF THE TENNIS THE MEN HAVE PLAYED!

In the 2012 Australian Open, Victoria Azarenka received $2.3 million for winning the women's singles title. In doing so she played a total of just 15 GAMES in 7 tennis matches.

The men's 2012 Australian Open champion was Novak Djokovic, who also received $2.3 million but played 55 GAMES in 7 tennis matches.

These kind of disparities are an outrage. Male players are clearly working harder than the women and therefore deserve more money. This is also disenfranchising for the crowds who pay to watch these events because it will artificially inflate ticket prices as female athletes are being paid a disproportionately large sum of prize money (compared to male athletes) in relation to to the amount of revenue that they are actually generating for tournament organisers.

Now obviously the above is only a specific example in a professional sport. BUT I assure you that this same principle (women getting paid more for the same amount of work, or the same for LESS work) is actually apparent in MANY PROFESSIONS AND MANY FIELDS. Other fields where I have been exposed to this FIRST HAND are the police force and the military.

Damn dude, that's such a great post I am gonna cut and paste it and go post it on a few feminist blogs. Thanks bro!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

jamesbond wrote:
You should see how many men are in shelters in NYC now..mostly Latino and Black. Ugh it's pathetically sad. I had to raise up out of there 11 months ago. The ONLY way I'd relocate back to my hometown is if the IT/Proj Mgr. job were going to pay me six digits per annum and my boss wouldn't be a bigot of any race nor a misandric woman. And if that were so, I'd reside in The Bronx: the least gentrified and the most Latin borough.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Warren Farrell debunked the gender pay gap myth.

Women earn less because men work longer hours and work more dangerous jobs than women.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

You could argue that women are oppressed by feminism in that they become despised sluts and haremwhores of the elite instead of revered wives and mothers.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Maker55 wrote:Warren Farrell debunked the gender pay gap myth.

Women earn less because men work longer hours and work more dangerous jobs than women.

This is true, however...

Poor women are the victims of Government policy, you can call that oppression if you like. Sure some make terrible life decisions but doesn't mean they should live a life of deep poverty. Social Services budgets are constantly under attack from Conservatives and Libertarians.

This constant demonizing of liberals gets on my nerves, all we want is equality. Sure there are those who are mouth pieces that say something slightly different, but we all want a social safety net that works. Which goes to the point made about men of color populating homeless shelters around the country.

Truth is most of these people haven't considered all their options. They are basically lost members of our society, they should think accordingly and not woe is me.

I have some ideas because my boy Sam is currently in a shelter in Northern Cali, so I have the perspective of an actual Homeless person, living on $800 SSI-D a month.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I don't have a problem with a base-line social safety net; I want a strong middle class and an economy where people are rewarded for hard work and punished for douchery--and there are many douches both rich and poor. The problem I (and I think many conservatives and libertarians) have is when liberals constantly play victim-crat politics and then promote stuff like this anti-male bigotry. This "war on women" hullabaloo is ridiculous and it's time the feminists be put in their place about it. Women have it made in America, if anyone deserves a platform and a social justice movement it's the regular joe males (of any color) that have fallen through the cracks in the wake of the sexual/feminist revolution, but I digress since I'm not into this victim-hood politics.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

guyintrouble911 wrote:
clowny wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

Damn dude, that's such a great post I am gonna cut and paste it and go post it on a few feminist blogs. Thanks bro!
They will probably tell you men are paying for the zillion years of discrimination :lol:
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: Exactly, how are American women oppressed???

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

fightforlove wrote:I hear liberals whine persistently about how women are "oppressed" and not given "equal rights", that the Republican party wages a "war on women", et cetera, et cetera. What exactly are these people talking about?? Women make up 60% of college graduates, receive equal pay and all sorts of perks and even advantages over men in the workplace. They can serve in the military or go into any profession/vocation of their choosing. They can get married or just play the field, have a baby or have an abortion, divorce laws and paternity laws seem to be in their favor, and at least up until 30 years of age, the dating scene also tilts in their favor over men. So, how are these American gals so horribly oppressed?? How are men not oppressed?? Am I missing something here???
Women are not at all oppressed. This false belief is simply indoctrination and the misandric agenda. It was never truth.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

fightforlove wrote:I don't have a problem with a base-line social safety net; I want a strong middle class and an economy where people are rewarded for hard work and punished for douchery--and there are many douches both rich and poor. The problem I (and I think many conservatives and libertarians) have is when liberals constantly play victim-crat politics and then promote stuff like this anti-male bigotry. This "war on women" hullabaloo is ridiculous and it's time the feminists be put in their place about it. Women have it made in America, if anyone deserves a platform and a social justice movement it's the regular joe males (of any color) that have fallen through the cracks in the wake of the sexual/feminist revolution, but I digress since I'm not into this victim-hood politics.
Who are in your view victims???

Now before you answer that, there IS a war on women. How else do you explain restricting access to family planning services? I don't agree with nor disagree with abortion. But a holistic approach should be taken (comprehensive sex education, paid maternity leave, paid spouse leave, free child care services) combined with a very secular policy around these issues and abortions would go down, dramatically.

Out of wedlock births are not an issue in the majority of Western Europe. How come its in a problem in the US and UK???

A strong middle class is not possible in the current political and economic climate and here's why -

Inflation is the real problem and Governments denial of such problems really stunts any Growth. Coupled with the fact that the Capitalism Model has outlived its usefulness. We can't continue to consume natural resources at this rate and then add China, India and Brazil to the mix...

The entire economic system will have to collapse before we can reset society the way it needs to be done because you need capital (money) to make it possible.

Finally all too often Conservatives like to call African-Americans Non-Victims, which simply isn't the truth.