Anglo women are the worse when it come to height

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: Anglo women are the worse when it come to height

Post by chibolo »

Tamingstrange wrote:
So you're basically saying that 5 feet 10 is kind of short?? Wow, that's very helpful. :(
Yes it is. You are basically a dwarf. Give up now :roll:

No, of course 5'10 isn't short. It is average height in some countries and way above average (tall) in many others.
JollyBengali
Freshman Poster

Re: Anglo women are the worse when it come to height

Post by JollyBengali »

I'm only 4'9'' in height, and from my personal perspective and observations, I believe anglo women are particularly demanding when it comes to height. Even though women are biologically driven to have a preference for tall men, the culture and attitude in the west makes this even worse for short men. The tall man is frequently idealized as inherently stronger and a better provider, and movies and TV shows typically portray the short man as either bumbling comic relief or slimy and untrustworthy. Other cultures, particularly Brazil, seem less fixated on height. However, this is only based on personal experience and reports from other short people, so I can't say for sure if foreigners are truly overall less heightist in dating.

In a way, I'm grateful, since my height filters out the shallow and superficial. Working out and lifting makes me feel a little less insecure, a little less like I'm just a child. I still often feel like it's a hopeless case though, and have some worries that I'll be shut out even pursuing foreign women.

I don't think many women will actually rule out short/average-height men; they'll just rule out as a dealbreaker a man shorter than her (oft-reported statistic for this is 96%). You're still taller than the vast majority of women.