Mail Order Brides videos

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Mail Order Brides videos

Post by WorldTraveler »

I looked up Mail Order Brides on YouTube after Mark Edward Davis gave the link to the complete video which is where the short video on his site of his wife was extracted.
-
Mark Edward Davis video

-
This is a very good video which I really enjoyed. I met "Big John" on the Odessa trip I took. AFA and the other marriage agencies like Anastasia are making a killing now with the translations and gifts. With the internet there is control over the revenue stream like there wasn't in the past. I have tremendous respect for John and AFA because they are a very honest company. He deserves all the success since he was the first and has such high standards.
-
The video above about Russian / Ukrainian Mail Order brides is a little one sided on the positive side and doesn't mention anything about that there are scammers. The following videos I found were about "Mail Order Brides" from Viet Nam. Very interesting to see what is happing on the other side of the world. Unfortunately these videos always dwell on the negative on how the marriages fail and the women are exploited. So the positive Ukrainian Mail Order Brides video is needed to balance out all this trash videos/news that would like to make international dating illegal as exploiting women. How can a women marrying into a much better life be getting exploited. 95% of the men that go on these trips are just lonesome men who want to find love.
-

Taiwan put in a law that made it illegal for Taiwanese men from marrying women more than 10 years younger.
-

This video and others make international marriage look like sex slave trade and insinuate that few end up happy. I totally disagree, the
majority of women who marry and go international are much better off than staying home in a poor village.

Singapore

-
Korea

-
funny

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mark's story continues here, where they talk about how Anna feels about being in America:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eGbmkM1VAus[/youtube]

Then it continues at the end of Part 5:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.coolloud.org.tw/node/12137

As of Nov. 30th 2007, Taiwan's Legislative Yuan had passed the Immigration Act amendment.

Section 5:

第五、禁止婚姻媒合商業化和物化女性:第58條明訂婚姻媒合不得為商業登記之營業項目,也不得要求或期約報酬,禁止婚姻媒合廣告。第59條規定僅能由「非營利組織」從事婚姻媒合服務,其相關辦法細則由移民署制訂。第60條強調婚姻媒合資訊應查證及保密,並完整對等以其母語提供聯誼的雙方當事人參考。第61 條則對目前已登記之婚姻仲介業者,給予一年緩衝期。

Ban on all commercial mail order bride businesses. Marriage match-making services may not be registered a commercial business, may not ask for payment. Ban on mail order bride commercial advertising. Marriage match making businesses may only be registered as non-profit to provide marriage match making services. Existing registered marriage match making services are given 1 year allowance to conclude their businesses activities.

=========

Korea is about 5-10 years behind Taiwan in the trend:

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/htm ... 00654.html

Mail-Order Brides to Be Told More About Korean Grooms

A new law will make it mandatory for international marriage agencies to provide mail-order brides with detailed personal information about their Korean bridegrooms.

Kim Kyo-shik, the vice minister of Gender Equality and Family, on Wednesday made the pledge in Hanoi with Nguyen Thi Thanh Hoa, the chairwoman of the Vietnam Women's Union.

Kim promised to establish a regulation that will oblige international matchmaking agencies to provide personal information about Korean men who want to marry women from abroad, such as financial situation, family and health, and that it will take effect in November.

Kim also pledged to do his best so that no more Vietnamese women will fall victim to tragedy, like Thach Thi Hoàng Ngoc, a Vietnamese mail-order bride who was murdered by her mentally-ill Korean husband recently.

englishnews@chosun.com / Aug. 26, 2010 10:33 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/htm ... 00994.html

Mail-Order Bride's Murder Is a Symptom of a Larger Problem

A 20-year-old Vietnamese woman in Busan was last week stabbed to death by her Korean husband, who had a history of mental illness. She had got married just eight days before her death in a wedding arranged by an international matchmaking firm.

On hearing the news, her parents rushed to Korea from Vietnam and wailed as they held her wedding picture in their hands. "Please bring her husband and the people who arranged the marriage to justice," they said. "Please make sure this tragedy does not happen again."

The woman's husband had apparently been treated for schizophrenia for the last eight years. It is beyond comprehension how a man with such a history of mental illness could have been selected as a candidate by the matchmaking firm, and police need to find out whether the company turned a blind eye to the problem even when they found out about it.

There are around 1,250 international matchmaking firms in Korea. The government toughened regulations a little in 2008, requiring them to register with state authorities. Previously they only had to report the opening of their business to relevant local government agencies. And starting in November they must unveil records of previous marriages, health conditions, occupations and criminal histories of both the brides and grooms. But there is no way to check the validity of the information. The U.S. government requires matchmaking firms to check the records of brides and grooms and get the information notarized.

In spite of the toughened regulations in Korea, virtually anyone can register a mail-order bride business. As a result, 44 percent of these companies are staffed by just one person, and 33 percent are run by husband-and-wife teams. This has triggered intense competition in the industry and often leads to lax standards. In Taiwan, only non-profit organizations or foundations are allowed to broker international marriages.

Last year, almost 10 percent of the 309,759 couples who tied the knot in Korea were international marriages. In rural Korean communities, one out of every three couples consists of a Korean husband and a foreign wife. The complaints involving international marriages received by the Korea Consumer Agency rose from just 64 in 2005 to 182 last year.

After the latest tragedy, the Vietnamese media is warning of the dangers of international marriage, saying that marrying Korean men is like betting one's life away. Korean government officials should think about how they would feel if a Korean woman was murdered this way by her Vietnamese husband. The causes of this tragic incident must be thoroughly investigated so that it does not happen again.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 16, 2010 13:15 KST
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dang check out part 4 where they show a social tour party. These two hot Ukrainian girls sit there and no guys approach them, so they get on stage to try to get attention. That's crazy. I would have approached them easily if I was there. That Vera is so hot, but really tall.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Filipino Dreamgirls directed by Les Blair. (Part 1)
Starring: David Thewlis (Professor Lupin of Harry Potter fame)

Filipino Dreamgirls tells the tale of a number of men from Wales all looking for romance and a wife in the Philippines. Follows them first contacting the women by snail mail and then travelling to this exotic and unfamiliar culture. They learn that some girls have a hidden past, but both are seeking to come together. Follow their stories in a true-to-life scenario with a few happy endings.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just finished watching all 10 parts of the Filipina Dreamgirls film! Wow that was hilarious. You should all see it. It accurately depicts a lot of truths in the Philippines and finding a bride there, and the pitfalls as well, though it exaggerated a bit in some areas. Though this film was from the 80's, it's still pretty much the same today. The group of British guys in this film were so nerdy too. There is a scene where they go to a go go bar and the women tell them they are handsome and ask them to barfine them. You should all see it. Here is the link again.

Part 1 of 10
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWaBKxKgbfg

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Here's an interesting National Geographic documentary about the clients of a Russian bride matchmaking agency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dYOw_Rd2VM
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."