Why Bringing a Foreign Wife to America is Self-Contradicting

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Bringing a Foreign Wife to America is Self-Contradic

Post by Yohan »

I see nothing wrong what I have written in my comment. Buddhists committed in wide parts of Asia countless atrocities, and not all of them were Japanese.

Nowadays Buddhism is a business in Japan, not more not less. About same as it is with Christianity, not so much difference.
No religion is better than the other, the best is not to have anything to do with religion.

The world would be better with no religion existing at all, but religion is a part of culture, which cannot be easily removed.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Yohan wrote:I see nothing wrong what I have written in my comment. Buddhists committed in wide parts of Asia countless atrocities, and not all of them were Japanese.

Nowadays Buddhism is a business in Japan, not more not less. About same as it is with Christianity, not so much difference.
No religion is better than the other, the best is not to have anything to do with religion.

The world would be better with no religion existing at all, but religion is a part of culture, which cannot be easily removed.
Definitely a reverse-Adama. You two have more in common than you realise. I was on your side before, but yeah. In fact, he's looking heaps better than you right now. Which is both highly surprising and sad, as Germans are known for being sharp as a tack. I guess all that beer is keeping you lot grounded, huh?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Eightfold Path wrote: >Says Thai slavery ended in 1906
>Forgets the Jewish genocide of the German populace which 'ended' as recent as 1945-50

Okay, Adama Jr. If you say so. Not sure if you want to play the "who can dig up more history" game, but you'll lose.
I was writing a comment about cruelty of Buddhists in Asia. I also mentioned WWII and the Japanese, not only Thai slavery up to 1906.

I have no idea what this has to do with the Jews in Germany, maybe you can explain.

BTW, I am not a native German and I do not drink any alcohol, including beer.

I think, I have nothing in common with 'Adama', he is a Christian bigot, and I am an atheist.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Eightfold Path wrote:
Yohan wrote:I see nothing wrong what I have written in my comment. Buddhists committed in wide parts of Asia countless atrocities, and not all of them were Japanese.

Definitely a reverse-Adama. You two have more in common than you realise. I was on your side before, but yeah. In fact, he's looking heaps better than you right now. Which is both highly surprising and sad, as Germans are known for being sharp as a tack. I guess all that beer is keeping you lot grounded, huh?
No, he's similar to you. He merely hates all religion, which to him means he is not discriminating against anyone or anything. You simply hate the one true religion. That's the difference. However, you are both denying our Lord Christ, which is okay. In that day because you have denied His name, He may also deny yours before Our Father which is in heaven, if you do not go to him before you die.

You also operate under a misconception about Germans. Besides Yohan being Austrian, which is a different tribe from the Nordic stock in the north near Scandinavia, Germans are as diverse in personality as anyone else on this planet. I lived in Germany for a short time. There are many retarded Germans. Just they don't become the engineers.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
Eightfold Path wrote: >Says Thai slavery ended in 1906
>Forgets the Jewish genocide of the German populace which 'ended' as recent as 1945-50

Okay, Adama Jr. If you say so. Not sure if you want to play the "who can dig up more history" game, but you'll lose.
I was writing a comment about cruelty of Buddhists in Asia. I also mentioned WWII and the Japanese, not only Thai slavery up to 1906.
The truth is the truth. Eightfold Path hates the truth. He prefers a pleasant lie over the truth. He's like an ostrich who would bury his head in the dirt and plug his ears before he'd accept it.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Adama and Yoahn. Two peas in a pod. Cut from the same cloth.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Eightfold Path wrote:Adama and Yoahn. Two peas in a pod. Cut from the same cloth.
There is indeed one thing which Adama and I have in common - we both are real people despite we have totally different opinions regarding religious values, but you are a self-appointed 'Buddhist troll'. LOL

Not only Christianity, but also Buddhism has many dark spots in its history, and Buddhist religion did not change humans to be more peaceful than others who are not Buddhists.

To blame religion for many wars is fine, but to blame religion for wars and insist to exclude Buddhism is plainly wrong.

The history of typically Buddhist countries in Asia speaks for itself, especially the history of Japan. Christianity was not always tolerated in Japan. WWII atrocities by Buddhist Japanese are well known and cannot be denied.

Thailand's Buddhists in their past were cruel against poor Malay people invading their places beyond the Thai borders and trading them as slaves as far as up to Bangkok.

Buddhism failed totally to stop the genocide in Cambodia, despite it is a deeply Buddhist nation.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

Adama wrote:However, you are both denying our Lord Christ, which is okay.
Arn't you worried that YOU are denying all the other gods? I will assume the answer is no. Then why should we worry about denying YOUR one true god? Are we simply to take your word that the Christian god is the one true god?
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Farmer308 wrote:
Arn't you worried that YOU are denying all the other gods? I will assume the answer is no. Then why should we worry about denying YOUR one true god? Are we simply to take your word that the Christian god is the one true god?
As someone who understands the earth is 4.3 billion years old rather than just 5 or 6 thousand let me tell you that in your travels you will encounter folks (women) with all sorts of different views. I grew up catholic, but I must say Catholicism in Latin America seems much different. Having a religion shit fight on HA wouldnt help you for when you go overseas and run into folks brought up differently than you.

It's all about volume. A little religious cult abuses kids and they eventually get raided, put on trial, and in big trouble. If you did it in much larger numbers they would call that leader the Pope. It is what it is. If it was a chain of daycare centers where child abuse was covered up by the CEO they'd put him in jail faster than you can say who wants to touch Mr Wiggles (where'd I get that from?). But with religion we essentially give you a pass.

Personally I'd rather just not participate in the whole thing and leave Sundays for Football and Futbol. Regardless if you are traveling around you will encounter all sorts of different religious or non religious beliefs. So learn to accept it or learn to accept trying to pick up local ugly tramps at the bar.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

travelsouth wrote:
Farmer308 wrote:
As someone who understands the earth is 4.3 billion years old rather than just 5 or 6 thousand let me tell you that in your travels you will encounter folks (women) with all sorts of different views. I grew up catholic, but I must say Catholicism in Latin America seems much different. Having a religion shit fight on HA wouldnt help you for when you go overseas and run into folks brought up differently than you.

It's all about volume. A little religious cult abuses kids and they eventually get raided, put on trial, and in big trouble. If you did it in much larger numbers they would call that leader the Pope. It is what it is. If it was a chain of daycare centers where child abuse was covered up by the CEO they'd put him in jail faster than you can say who wants to touch Mr Wiggles (where'd I get that from?). But with religion we essentially give you a pass.

Personally I'd rather just not participate in the whole thing and leave Sundays for Football and Futbol. Regardless if you are traveling around you will encounter all sorts of different religious or non religious beliefs. So learn to accept it or learn to accept trying to pick up local ugly tramps at the bar.
"When I travel"???? LOL! I have eonly recently relocated to your country (USA) after a career of living all over the world. I have lived and worked in India, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia, Kenya, Argentina, France and Gemany. I have also spent shorter times in other countries on short term assignments like Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and several others.
You Americans can be so condescending in your assumptions.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
Eightfold Path wrote:Adama and Yoahn. Two peas in a pod. Cut from the same cloth.
There is indeed one thing which Adama and I have in common - we both are real people despite we have totally different opinions regarding religious values, but you are a self-appointed 'Buddhist troll'. LOL

Ouch. I didnt even see that.
Farmer308 wrote:
Let it go.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote: Ouch. I didnt even see that.
Let it go.
OK, Adama is now speechless, offering silent prayers maybe... LOL

I am going out now, nice weather today, it is 3:00 PM, in Tokyo and very sunny.... bye for now.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Farmer308 wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
Farmer308 wrote:

"When I travel"???? LOL! I have eonly recently relocated to your country (USA) after a career of living all over the world. I have lived and worked in India, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia, Kenya, Argentina, France and Gemany. I have also spent shorter times in other countries on short term assignments like Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and several others.
You Americans can be so condescending in your assumptions.
Well is your first language English? Because what you quoted was in reference to my personal travels. If you are a native speaker you would be well aware of that or incredibly ignorant. If English is not your first language that's no problem and note my clarification.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Post by firahs75 »

Back to the OP....don't do it. Married her when I was 26, at the top of my game and I was very good looking and in stellar shape...put everything into this relationship....she was the ideal wife (she was from latin america) waiting on me hand and foot (cooking for me, clipping my toenails etc). She was from an upper middle class family but from a rural area and very traditional...she had a BS in Economics from a top university in her home country. She was genuinely happy here at first in the USA (at least i think she was, but with women can you ever really knnow?), tending to my needs and the household. I am not perfect, but in 9 years i never cheated on her (despite a few opportunities) and treated her with love, kindness, and respect.

It all came crumbling down in year 7 (we lived in her country for the first 2 years) when she went for her masters and got indoctrinated into feminism....then she started talking shit about "power imbalances" in our relationship....long story short, she completely metamorphized into an AW and became cold, detached, tattooed, and the icing on the cake was her cheating...we are no longer together....it was a sobering lesson about the unreliable nature of women and the only time i came close to suicide.

Maybe it is worth mentioning that I am pretty religious (christian) and she didn't really believe in God.

If you want a good wife, try to get one from a country where the men have the upper hand and live with her there....it is really the only reliable way to ensure marital happiness.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

firahs75 wrote:Back to the OP....don't do it. Married her when I was 26, at the top of my game and I was very good looking and in stellar shape...put everything into this relationship....she was the ideal wife (she was from latin america) waiting on me hand and foot (cooking for me, clipping my toenails etc). She was from an upper middle class family but from a rural area and very traditional...she had a BS in Economics from a top university in her home country. She was genuinely happy here at first in the USA (at least i think she was, but with women can you ever really knnow?), tending to my needs and the household. I am not perfect, but in 9 years i never cheated on her (despite a few opportunities) and treated her with love, kindness, and respect.

It all came crumbling down in year 7 (we lived in her country for the first 2 years) when she went for her masters and got indoctrinated into feminism....then she started talking shit about "power imbalances" in our relationship....long story short, she completely metamorphized into an AW and became cold, detached, tattooed, and the icing on the cake was her cheating...we are no longer together....it was a sobering lesson about the unreliable nature of women and the only time i came close to suicide.

Maybe it is worth mentioning that I am pretty religious (christian) and she didn't really believe in God.

If you want a good wife, try to get one from a country where the men have the upper hand and live with her there....it is really the only reliable way to ensure marital happiness.
Basic...and excellent hard earned wisdom.. +100