Why Bringing a Foreign Wife to America is Self-Contradicting

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Bringing a Foreign Wife to America is Self-Contradic

Post by Adama »

No, there is no concrete proof to make you believe there is one, outside of the Bible. You are very correct, sir. Let's move on or diverge back to the topic, rather than debating the existence of God. To the OP, I am sorry I was involved in derailing your thread.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Adama wrote:No, there is no concrete proof to make you believe there is one, outside of the Bible. You are very correct, sir. Let's move on or diverge back to the topic, rather than debating the existence of God. To the OP, I am sorry I was involved in derailing your thread.
Finally. You DO have an off switch.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Eightfold Path wrote:
Adama wrote:No, there is no concrete proof to make you believe there is one, outside of the Bible. You are very correct, sir. Let's move on or diverge back to the topic, rather than debating the existence of God. To the OP, I am sorry I was involved in derailing your thread.
Finally. You DO have an off switch.
No, I'm just committed to the truth. There will never be any proof for atheists. Absolutely none whatsoever, as long as they are atheists, God will reveal nothing to them, other than the magnificence of the earth and life itself. They do not see that as the handiwork of God. Therefore no proof will ever exist for an atheist. And God promised He would not reveal the truth to unbelievers. Faith must come first, not second. That defeats the point of faith if it is shown beforehand.

Also keep in mind that if you had not written that, I would not have written this. Take your own advice and stop acknowledging me.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

One thing that makes it obvious a person has no argument is when they make up bold face lies about the person they are debating with. You have done that. So much for Christianity providing a moral compass when it's ardent followers resort to lying so easily. Typical behavior of Christians in my experience.
If the bible is evidence of your god, then the Koran is evidence of the gof of Islam.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Farmer308 wrote:If the bible is evidence of your god, then the Koran is evidence of the gof of Islam.
What if I told you both of these lunatic groups believed in the same god? Yes.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Eightfold Path wrote:
Farmer308 wrote:If the bible is evidence of your god, then the Koran is evidence of the gof of Islam.

I apologize to my Muslim brothers, but their god is not Christ. They must bow down while facing east five times per day, and they must encircle the false idol of the black cube in Mecca at least once in their lifetimes. That is idolatry, similar to what the Catholics practice with their worship of Mary and the dead saints. Some of them manage to live in a semblance of godliness, but they do not know God because they do not have Jesus Christ in their hearts.

Also, Islam is not the boogeyman the Jewish media has made them out to be. Most of the so called terrorism committed by Islamics are really Sephardic Jews from the intelligence agencies pretending to be Muslim so that they can get people to hate Muslims and Islam. They are doing this because they want to take over the entire Middle East, and they need the support of Americans to do this.

In a free society where there can be no forced coercion, authorities must work by indoctrination and stealth rather than by decree.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

Eightfold Path wrote:
Yes, that is self evident.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

I apologize to my Muslim brothers, but their god is not Christ. They must bow down while facing east five times per day, and they must encircle the false idol of the black cube in Mecca at least once in their lifetimes. That is idolatry, similar to what the Catholics practice with their worship of Mary and the dead saints. Some of them manage to live in a semblance of godliness, but they do not know God because they do not have Jesus Christ in their hearts.

Also, Islam is not the boogeyman the Jewish media has made them out to be. Most of the so called terrorism committed by Islamics are really Sephardic Jews from the intelligence agencies pretending to be Muslim so that they can get people to hate Muslims and Islam. They are doing this because they want to take over the entire Middle East, and they need the support of Americans to do this.

In a free society where there can be no forced coercion, authorities must work by indoctrination and stealth rather than by decree.[/quote]

"So called terrosim"!!! Are you saying that there is no terrosim? If not what is the difference between terrosim as a tactic and what yoy label "so called terrosism"?
Just to make sure I am understanding you correctly, you are sting that the terrosim commuted by Muslims actually wast and was committed by jews instead?
Well despite the lies you have told about me (typical of a christian) I have to thank you. You have helped me understand why it is that a country with so much going s for it as the USA does, is so backwards and violent.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Farmer308 wrote: If the bible is evidence of your god, then the Koran is evidence of the god of Islam.
To understand better about religion, we have to look up history beyond Christianity and Islam.

Religions existed already long time before Christianity and Islam appeared, like the religions related to Egypt, to Greece, to Roman culture, but various religions existed also elsewhere for example the religion of the Inka, Aztec etc. in America.

However when those peoples died out, their religion also disappeared with them, leaving behind however powerful monuments like the Pyramids of Egypt or Machu Picchu in Peru etc.

About Thora, Bible and Quran, they are out of the same source, with the Thora first, then adjusted by Christianity adding some more writings and finally taken over by the Quran, adding again text to Thora and Bible.

Asian religions developed totally differently, there is some similarity between Hinduism and Buddhism, due to their local proximity, but nothing is similar with the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions.

My understandings about religion is that they all were and still are created by humans out of fantasy. To find members to join their marketing strategy is often based on fear and about a possible afterlife.

Modern research about nuclear acceleration, astronomy etc. did not confirm so far any existence of a possible 'god' = 'something impossible we cannot explain now and will never understand in future'. So far there is nothing which is proving any afterlife of a soul, and even if a 'soul' exists, it is not known if this 'soul' might have any form of consciousness.

What remains are only religious bigots - I am OK with that, up to them. The problem is however their aggressivity, their proselytizing.
They want me to become also a Christian or Muslim or Buddhist etc. etc.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

They didnt just die off. They were conquered by others and then their history was lost. The Bible starts at creation. It doesnt start with the birth of Jesus.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote:They didnt just die off. They were conquered by others and then their history was lost. The Bible starts at creation. It doesnt start with the birth of Jesus.
And so what? They are dead now and their religion disappeared too.

The Old Testament of the Bible is merely a copy of the Thora. The content regarding to Christianity only starts with the New Testament, so-called Gospels.

The creation (Old Testament) is also found in the Quran and Jesus and others (New Testament) are also mentioned.
Of course some additional text was added to it to make a difference between Thora, Bible and Quran.

Nobody can deny it's all more or less the same, written by humans who existed in the same region earlier or later, with some text omitted and some text added.

I have nothing to do with the Thora, I left catholic Church 45 years ago and I have no intention to become a Muslim in future.
Last edited by Yohan on October 23rd, 2015, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Yohan wrote:To understand better about religion, we have to look up history beyond Christianity and Islam.

Religions existed already long time before Christianity and Islam appeared, like the religions related to Egypt, to Greece, to Roman culture, but various religions existed also elsewhere for example the religion of the Inka, Aztec etc. in America.

However when those peoples died out, their religion also disappeared with them, leaving behind however powerful monuments like the Pyramids of Egypt or Machu Picchu in Peru etc.

About Thora, Bible and Quran, they are out of the same source, with the Thora first, then adjusted by Christianity adding some more writings and finally taken over by the Quran, adding again text to Thora and Bible.

Asian religions developed totally differently, there is some similarity between Hinduism and Buddhism, due to their local proximity, but nothing is similar with the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions.

My understandings about religion is that they all were and still are created by humans out of fantasy. To find members to join their marketing strategy is often based on fear and about a possible afterlife.

Modern research about nuclear acceleration, astronomy etc. did not confirm so far any existence of a possible 'god' = 'something impossible we cannot explain now and will never understand in future'. So far there is nothing which is proving any afterlife of a soul, and even if a 'soul' exists, it is not known if this 'soul' might have any form of consciousness.

What remains are only religious bigots - I am OK with that, up to them. The problem is however their aggressivity, their proselytizing.
They want me to become also a Christian or Muslim or Buddhist etc. etc.
Whoa. Time out. Don't go lumping in Buddhists with the big four. Buddhists don't forcefully convert anyone. The only "Buddhists" that do that are fakes. They're actually Hindus using Buddhist disguises. You can tell because the Indian Buddhists that do this protest the consumption of beef because the cow is sacred to them. Buddhism says all life should be respect; cows are not anyone's sacred god or overlord. You were agreeable up until this point. Now you're entering Adama territory. Slow down and think carefully before you type.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Nowadays Buddhist groups in Japan can become very aggressive when trying to find new members and their financial demands are remarkably high. And no, they are not a fake. Japanese Nichiren Buddhism is well-known for its unpleasant proselytizing.

Buddhism in Japan is more a private business. Any religion is a business.

Shingonshu is known for its excessive financial demands, totally disrespectful against elderly people etc.

I do not think, Buddhism nowadays is acting so much better than any other religion.
Not in Japan, not in Thailand.

Most (but not all) WWI, WWII, etc. wartime atrocities in wide parts of Asia were committed by Japanese Buddhists. They did not respect any form of human life. Not at all. A well-known fact. However not only Japanese, other Buddhists did not act much nicer in their history, for example when doing some research of Myanmar or Cambodia you will find many brutalities and crimes committed by Buddhists.

If you look up history of Thailand (formerly Siam) especially to the South you will find a lot of reports of cruelty, killings, slavery and it was not the Malay population which started the aggression. Slavery was abolished in Thailand in 1906, not such a long time ago. Many old buildings, canals etc. in Bangkok are the work of Muslim slaves captured in the South.
Last edited by Yohan on October 23rd, 2015, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Yohan wrote:Nowadays Buddhist groups in Japan can become very aggressive when trying to find new members and their financial demands are remarkably high. And no, they are not a fake. Japanese Nichiren Buddhism is well-known for its unpleasant proselytizing.

Buddhism in Japan is more a private business. Any religion is a business.

Shingonshu is known for its excessive financial demands, totally disrespectful against elderly people etc.

I do not think, Buddhism nowadays is acting so much better than any other religion.
Not in Japan, not in Thailand.

Most (but not all) WWI, WWII, etc. wartime atrocities in wide parts of Asia were committed by Japanese Buddhists. They did not respect any form of human life. Not at all. A well-known fact. However not only Japanese, other Buddhists did not act much nicer in their history, for example when doing some research of Myanmar or Cambodia you will find many brutalities and crimes committed by Buddhists.

If you look up history of Thailand especially to the South you will find a lot of reports of cruelty, killings, slavery and it was not the Malay population which started the aggression. Slavery was abolished in Thailand in 1906, not such a long time ago. Many old buildings, canals etc. in Bangkok are the work of Muslim slaves captured in the South.
I didn't think Adama had an equal, until today. Shame. Thought you were sharp but it's not the first time I misjudged someone.

>Says Thai slavery ended in 1906
>Forgets the Jewish genocide of the German populace which 'ended' as recent as 1945-50

Okay, Adama Jr. If you say so. Not sure if you want to play the "who can dig up more history" game, but you'll lose.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I see nothing wrong what I have written in my comment. Buddhists committed in wide parts of Asia countless atrocities, and not all of them were Japanese.

Nowadays Buddhism is a business in Japan, not more not less. About same as it is with Christianity, not so much difference.
No religion is better than the other, the best is not to have anything to do with religion.

The world would be better with no religion existing at all, but religion is a part of culture, which cannot be easily removed.