Women Who Won't Say 'I Love You'

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Women Who Won't Say 'I Love You'

Post by MrMan »

I remember a Chinese neighbor saying her husband told her he loved her once, before he proposed marriage. I was in an office once in Indonesia. An American on the phone told his wife, fiancee or girlfriend, "I love you' before hanging up. The women told him he just said that like it was nothing.

I also saw a scene from 90-Day Fiancee on YouTube where an American man was dating a curly blond Russian woman, over in Russia. They were thinking of marriage, and she was upset because he did not want to have children soon, and he was upset because she would not tell him that she loved him. If the guy had realized that cultures are a bit different and women in some countries are reserved about saying such things, it probably wouldn't have bothered him that much. Plus, she was upset. Even an American woman who says, "I love you' a lot might not say that during an argument, especially if she is a bit proud.

There was this movie, idiocracy, about a future where the population had become idiots. Costco was as big as a town and was partly outdoors. At the entrance, there was a man greeting people, "Hello. I love you. Hello. I love you." Americans are rather quick to say, "I love you.'

I was wondering about your experiences with women from other cultures. Do they say, "I love you" easily? My wife says she loves me. It does not seem like a big cultural difference. I hear the Russians do not like to go around smiling much in public, not when they are sober. If someone smiles a lot, other Russians may think that person is an idiot. I noticed when a group of Russians on a college campus took a picture, they mustered up these very proud, serious looks, not smiles. I wonder if they are a bit reserved about expressing emotions by saying, "I love you' and making themselves seem too emotional.

What are your experiences with this?
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: Women Who Won't Say 'I Love You'

Post by flowerthief00 »

It doesn't need to be said in words. It can be a kiss, the motion of a kiss, or any other gesture mutually understood as such words. It needs to be something.

And Idiocracy is a prophetic film.