90-Day Fiance--Where do they get these women?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

90-Day Fiance--Where do they get these women?

Post by MrMan »

I'm watching 90-Day Fiancee as something that requires little attention while working on some tables for my career here. It's background noise. I've seen them advertising on this forum looking for men to film.

So basically this season has a couple above-average to hot looking women who seem rather demanding matched up with a nice guy in the US. I saw some previous shows where they did have some women seemed really sweet. But as the show is on for longer, they probably get more applications, so I would guess they look for moody or demanding women to make the show more interesting.

There is this kind of pretty mid-30's divorced women who is matched up with this accommodating guy. She's moody a lot. Then there is a very demanding go-go dancer. And of course, they have a couple of older women bringing young men over to the US. There was also a Filipina single mother, who has bi tendencies and wants to share a girlfriend with her future husband, or maybe just have one on the side, later.

Maybe the guys just go for the first above average or hot woman who is interested, latch on for dear life, and don't consider whether the girl is suitable beyond her looks. It seems like the Russian girl and Ukranian tend to be the type who want what they want and aren't afraid to demand it, and then put pressure on their man.

If you are looking for a spouse, you want someone who is going to be accommodating, flexible, knows her places, defers to his parents at least to some extent. I wonder if a lot of Russian and Ukranian girls have those characteristics, but they just pick the moody and sassy ones to create drama. One of the demanding girls is a go-go dancer who went to live with a guy who lives on a farm with his parents.

Sometimes my wife wants what she wants, but she also has a sense of knowing her place, too. She considers it her role to serve my parents. If they come over, she serves a feast. She tries to cook something they like. For my dad, it might be crawfish boil or some kind of Asian delicacy. My mom loves Thai Tom Yom soup, or the version that goes by that name in Indonesia.

If you do manage to meet a girl online, her personality and character are actually more important than her looks. Some measure of looks might be 'table stakes' to play the game, that bare minimum required. But you have to be picky beyond that.

Is she selfish? Will she give up what she wants to make someone else comfortable? Does she care what you want? Does she care what others want? Does she respect parents? Does she support you respecting your parents? If you have kids, does she have a strong sense of responsibility and an urge to care for your child? Can she get along with other people? I she demanding? Is she frugal? Does she care enough about you to be concerned that you are expending your resources? Is she wise and smart enough to figure out if you spend a lot of money on stupid junk for her, that detracts from important stuff you need after marriage? You might not see all this in on-one-chats, but some women can be demanding even in that environment.

One of the advantages of marrying someone overseas is you could find a girl from a culture who thinks of the wife's role as serving her husbands, supporting his aims and objectives.

On the show, I wish they'd make an attempt to provide some contrast-- show a man who wisely chose a respectful, deferential, kind, frugal woman contrasted with a sassy selfish woman whose looks and maybe a bit of charm were all she had going for her.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: 90-Day Fiance--Where do they get these women?

Post by kangarunner »

I watched this shit a few times on Youtube and it was somewhat entertaining but when you realize they're just actors and everything is staged by the producers of the show you feel dumb for watching it. Honestly, the fact that shit like that gets produced and is popular with many viewers just shows how dumb people are to watch it. Or at least that we have progressed to a point where we would rather watch fiction than the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
June 19th, 2023, 9:10 pm
I watched this shit a few times on Youtube and it was somewhat entertaining but when you realize they're just actors and everything is staged by the producers of the show you feel dumb for watching it. Honestly, the fact that shit like that gets produced and is popular with many viewers just shows how dumb people are to watch it. Or at least that we have progressed to a point where we would rather watch fiction than the truth.
I was watching a documentary about someone who grew up on a reality show, the one with all the kids, and she said it was reality, but then again it wasn't. You had to walk through the doorway 20 times to get the angle right.

Is there a reason to think the whole thing is scripted and fake?

I think on some of the show, the producers try to stir up trouble by interviewing people about certain problems. Some shows provide a lot of alcohol so people get drunk and have conflict, and they may hope to have a certain story-line.

I suspect on this show they have gravitated toward picking obnoxious or moody females, mainly, knowing they will automatically generate drama.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
June 19th, 2023, 9:24 pm
Ask Mark Davis what he thinks about this show.

SMH....It's 100% fake. They're paid actors. And I'm sure any foreign women (or foreign men) are willing to earn some good money for simply acting in the American TV industry.

Do you honestly think that an older man in his 50s is going to be that dumb to believe that a TV show will help him find REAL, AUTHENTIC LOVE?

Any real person who is genuinely looking for love or a partner wouldn't have a bunch of TV cameras broadcasting it.

Love is personal and private.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 10:25 am
MrMan wrote:
June 19th, 2023, 9:24 pm
Ask Mark Davis what he thinks about this show.

SMH....It's 100% fake. They're paid actors. And I'm sure any foreign women (or foreign men) are willing to earn some good money for simply acting in the American TV industry.

Do you honestly think that an older man in his 50s is going to be that dumb to believe that a TV show will help him find REAL, AUTHENTIC LOVE?
From what I have seen, and what they advertised on here many years ago, that doesn't seem to be the premise of the show at all. They find people who already matched up with someone overseas, who are thinking of getting that fiancee visa, film them when the visa comes through or is about to come through, and then follow their journey in the US.

After several years, they probably generate leads from their viewing audience and no longer have to come on this forum (a dead end I imagine) asking for prospects. My guess is they have a lot to choose from and have a formula that relies on choosing people they think will generate interesting conflict for the show.
Any real person who is genuinely looking for love or a partner wouldn't have a bunch of TV cameras broadcasting it.
I think we can look it up and verify that a lot of people on various reality TV series really got married, like the Bachelor, Married at First Sight, etc. Some of the shows have couples with really high divorce rates compared to the general population, like Married at First Sight where people are matched by supposed experts.

I do believe some people who watch shows like this glamorize it in their mind and think going on TV will help them find a spouse, even if they have to compete with others for the attention of one person, get set up with a stranger. But I don't think 90-Day Fiance sets the couple up. Maybe they give them a small financial incentive to come over, and some exposure for their modelling, music, etc. careers if they have them.