Table Manners and Asian Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
dano
Freshman Poster

Table Manners and Asian Women

Post by dano »

It doesn't bother me to much when I see asian guys devouring a meal. However, when I see a beautiful, feminine asian women eating like a caveman I'm a little taken back. This has happened to me several times and each time I'm left standing there in amazement. I think this is only a problem if you decide to bring your asian gal back to your country. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had to talk to there asian girlfriends about there table manners?
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

You are applying your culture values to another culture, simply put.

In China women and men eat with loud slurping sounds, they spit seeds and other food out on the table or onto the ground, they lower their face close to the bowl an shovel noodles in with chopsticks.

They also weigh 100 pounds, have feminine dress all the time, are sexy, beautiful, and often virgins until their mid-20's.

A culture that has women who eat with the manners you desire, but has 200 pound women who talk on cell phones all the time and behave as AW do is NOT a culture where the women have good manners in the aggregate.
Nate
Freshman Poster

Re: Table Manners and Asian Women

Post by Nate »

dano wrote:It doesn't bother me to much when I see asian guys devouring a meal. However, when I see a beautiful, feminine asian women eating like a caveman I'm a little taken back. This has happened to me several times and each time I'm left standing there in amazement. I think this is only a problem if you decide to bring your asian gal back to your country. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had to talk to there asian girlfriends about there table manners?
Keep in mind that much of what you talk about is also about social class. The more educated classes will often have a dual sense of manners- that is what is ok when you are "down home" and what would be expected when you are in a more westernized environment. If a girl has a good attitude towards life in general, and a good heart, stuff like that is easy to learn- just don't make her loose face in the process...try teaching anything at all to an Ameriskank...
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: Table Manners and Asian Women

Post by globetrotter »

Nate wrote:
dano wrote:It doesn't bother me to much when I see asian guys devouring a meal. However, when I see a beautiful, feminine asian women eating like a caveman I'm a little taken back. This has happened to me several times and each time I'm left standing there in amazement. I think this is only a problem if you decide to bring your asian gal back to your country. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had to talk to there asian girlfriends about there table manners?
Keep in mind that much of what you talk about is also about social class. The more educated classes will often have a dual sense of manners- that is what is ok when you are "down home" and what would be expected when you are in a more westernized environment. If a girl has a good attitude towards life in general, and a good heart, stuff like that is easy to learn- just don't make her loose face in the process...try teaching anything at all to an Ameriskank...
Excellent point. When amongst westerners or in more expensive restaurants girls of the right class and education and upbringing can and will adjust to the circumstances - When In Rome...

When at the local noodle shop back home, they slurp with the best of them.