Cost of a Condo in the Philippines???

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Cost of a Condo in the Philippines???

Post by QatarDan »

Not considering buying at the moment but just looking at prices out of interest.

Few places I found seemed to be far more than I thought! 700k for a 3 bed in Manilla. Thats on a par with London prices?!

I can see the Philippines improving in coming years and the right property could be a great investment. Where would you buy and why?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Cost of a Condo in the Philippines???

Post by Rock »

QatarDan wrote:Not considering buying at the moment but just looking at prices out of interest.

Few places I found seemed to be far more than I thought! 700k for a 3 bed in Manilla. Thats on a par with London prices?!

I can see the Philippines improving in coming years and the right property could be a great investment. Where would you buy and why?
As a foreigner, you can buy condos but not land unless you set up company structure with majority local ownership.

Rough benchmark for decent new condos is 100-150K peso per sq. meter depending on what part of Metro Manila you are in. So-called luxury stuff is being sold by developers at 200-300K per sq. meter.

Makati is the no brainer CBD. BCG is exclusive, quietest, and best organized. Ortigas is also good. Alabang is old money but way on the outskirts. Malate is grittier but has some university districts and some new condos tailored for them if you wanna rent out. Mall of Asia immediate area might be worth looking at too.