Filipinas vs Indonesian women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Dipnswoop
Freshman Poster

Filipinas vs Indonesian women

Post by Dipnswoop »

To those who have extensive experience dating women of both countries, what would you say are distinct characteristic traits between the two? How are they different? How are they the same?

Basically, how are they like? Which do you prefer? Why?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipinas vs Indonesian women

Post by MrMan »

Dipnswoop wrote:
June 4th, 2021, 4:57 am
To those who have extensive experience dating women of both countries, what would you say are distinct characteristic traits between the two? How are they different? How are they the same?

I have not dated both. I only dated a couple of Indonesians and married one. But I have spent some time around the Filippino community in a US city.

My impression is that there are more Filippinas that are pretty by my estimation. They both have primarily Malay type ancestors, but the Philippines has some other genes in there from Asia. There are beautiful Indonesian women, also. I married a pretty girl. But it just seems like the percentage of white girls I might be really interested in as a young single man, for looks, might be 5% in the US, 5% in China, maybe 5% of Filippinas, but 3% of Indonesians, something like that. South Korea seemed to have tons of 7's and a fair number of 8's, but also smaller numbers of the 8+s for looks.

Both countries have a lot of little ethnic groups with some of their own customs and ways of thinking. Filippino culture is influenced by Roman Catholicism. Indonesia is majority Islam, but there are lots of Christians and certain people-groups where most people are at least 'cultural Christians.'

Filippino food isn't the best Asian food. They eat a lot of pork, and do not use a lot of bold spices. There are many cuisines in most countries. Some Indonesian cuisines make bold use of spices, not just hot chilli peppers, but a variety of spices. There are a few dishes that are the same or similar between the two countries-- like chicken and rice porridge. One country makes it just a bit thicker, and I forget which one. The dishes are so similar that I cannot make it out. I find a pot luck from Indonesians to be much better than one from Filippinos, unless the wives live in the US and don't really cook the Indonesian food well. And of course, Indonesians serve food cold that would otherwise be delicious.

You should also consider whether advice you get on Filippinas is tainted by a sex-pat perspective. If you talk to men whose experience is of girls from sex bars, you might get a skewed perspective. There may be a subculture of hundreds slutty Filippinas in a given city who sleep with expats, and the men talk about these women and say that is what Filippinas are like.

The Philippines had a US military base. I get the impression that there is more of a prostitute subculture in parts of the Philippines. Just about every country has prostitutes and loose women. I get the impression that may be a smaller subculture in Indonesia.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipinas vs Indonesian women

Post by Taco »

Dipnswoop wrote:
June 4th, 2021, 4:57 am

Generally speaking, Filipinas love foreign men that's why there's a high success rate with them. That is not the case in most Asisn countries.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan