Philippines is the most wrong country on this globe to look for love

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Philippines is the most wrong country on this globe to look for love

Post by HouseMD »

publicduende wrote:
August 11th, 2022, 11:55 pm
HouseMD wrote:
August 11th, 2022, 7:21 pm
I've never had trouble getting women, regardless of the country. If you're a desirable man Filipinas tend to be extremely passionate and loyal, they appreciate a catch more than most women. If you're undesirable they tend to be willing to play housewife to get a leg up in life, but they won't just love you because you provide for them. You have to give them more than that, but not a massive amount more. Often all it takes is a bit of reapect and genuine affection.
I assume that, by desirable you mean: young, handsome, never married before, living abroad, with a good salary.
You don't need all of them, but you need a couple of boxes. Being young and living abroad, being wealthy and never married with average looks, being handsome and having basic social skills, etc. I think the most lacking thing in most assessments is that women strongly value charm or confidence in a man, and that can make almost any situation work for you. A sense of humor also goes a long way.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

HouseMD wrote:
August 12th, 2022, 7:30 am
You don't need all of them, but you need a couple of boxes. Being young and living abroad, being wealthy and never married with average looks, being handsome and having basic social skills, etc. I think the most lacking thing in most assessments is that women strongly value charm or confidence in a man, and that can make almost any situation work for you. A sense of humor also goes a long way.
That's true, but having all of them is platinum standard.

In Davao I would sometimes spot cute Korean boys, maybe English students, with girls who were unimaginably hot, impossible to even approach for us 40-and-above divorcees. Being with an old foreigner immediately triggers the "gold digger" gossip around the neighbourhood. Being with a cute, unmarried same-age guy from the place the whole Philippines are crazy about (South Korea) is a very different story.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

publicduende wrote:
August 12th, 2022, 6:57 pm
HouseMD wrote:
August 12th, 2022, 7:30 am
That's true, but having all of them is platinum standard.

In Davao I would sometimes spot cute Korean boys, maybe English students, with girls who were unimaginably hot, impossible to even approach for us 40-and-above divorcees. Being with an old foreigner immediately triggers the "gold digger" gossip around the neighbourhood. Being with a cute, unmarried same-age guy from the place the whole Philippines are crazy about (South Korea) is a very different story.
Good for the South Koreans though, it's about damn time some Asians got their time in the sun.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

HouseMD wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 9:16 am
Good for the South Koreans though, it's about damn time some Asians got their time in the sun.
South Korea is definitely having their 15 minutes of fame. According to some Korean friends here, it's not gonna last, it's not sustainable. Just like glam Japan in the 80s, South Korea is running on borrowed time and lots and lots of borrowed money. Who knows...

Japan led the world in manufacturing and high-tech but, really, only made a splash as an exporter of cultural icons, think manga, videogames and visual pop, in the 90s, right in the middle of their lost decade.

Maybe South Korea high up there means it's time to get down, already... Time will tell.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

The problem is all dating apps are basically garbage all over the world. You have thousands of fools sending money to a girl in Asia they never met, thinking that the girl will love them. I met one girl, though in Thailand that showed me she got in total $14k per month from many Western men combined that have never met her before (it was a model level girl with 40k+ Instagram followers). She proposed on the date what I could offer her. Probably for pinays it's more a few hundreds a month but still no need for the uneducated girl to work. Another girl I dated in Cebu had 1+ million tiktok followers was getting $5k a month from pathetic American grandpa fools as she described them that never met her in real life.

Also now all Asia opened up it's also lots of these girls get even more attention of lonely men from abroad.

I'm feeling much healthier being back in Europe now. Maybe I will find love in Europe. Maybe I will go back to Asia. I don't know yet. But what is gonna happen, I set myself the goal to be back into old shape I was 7 years ago.

Think everywhere in the world the very best way to find a girlfriend is not to waste your time with online dating but make some normal friends and meet more people.

Then
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Jackfruits wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 12:55 pm
The problem is all dating apps are basically garbage all over the world. You have thousands of fools sending money to a girl in Asia they never met, thinking that the girl will love them. I met one girl, though in Thailand that showed me she got in total $14k per month from many Western men combined that have never met her before (it was a model level girl with 40k+ Instagram followers). She proposed on the date what I could offer her. Probably for pinays it's more a few hundreds a month but still no need for the uneducated girl to work. Another girl I dated in Cebu had 1+ million tiktok followers was getting $5k a month from pathetic American grandpa fools as she described them that never met her in real life.

Also now all Asia opened up it's also lots of these girls get even more attention of lonely men from abroad.

I'm feeling much healthier being back in Europe now. Maybe I will find love in Europe. Maybe I will go back to Asia. I don't know yet. But what is gonna happen, I set myself the goal to be back into old shape I was 7 years ago.

Think everywhere in the world the very best way to find a girlfriend is not to waste your time with online dating but make some normal friends and meet more people.

Then
That's how I met my wife. Now I have a nice tradwife in the States and she's honestly miles above most women I've ever met. I was just looking in the wrong places. Clubs, bars, apps- you're not going to find a decent woman through any of them. The problem is too many men are socially isolated these days, and confuse the idea that travel (which makes you seem interesting and makes you more outgoing by default) is the solution, when the real solution is just... Doing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I still love being abroad and am going on three trips this year to various parts of the world, but I think the solution is often inside one's own mind more often than it is in their surroundings. Wherever you go, there you are, as they say.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HouseMD wrote:
August 15th, 2022, 4:46 pm
That's how I met my wife. Now I have a nice tradwife in the States and she's honestly miles above most women I've ever met. I was just looking in the wrong places. Clubs, bars, apps- you're not going to find a decent woman through any of them. The problem is too many men are socially isolated these days, and confuse the idea that travel (which makes you seem interesting and makes you more outgoing by default) is the solution, when the real solution is just... Doing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I still love being abroad and am going on three trips this year to various parts of the world, but I think the solution is often inside one's own mind more often than it is in their surroundings. Wherever you go, there you are, as they say.

When did you get married HouseMD? Did you meet her through your friends? Your right, too many men in America are socially isolated and use online dating if they want to meet women or they go to bars and clubs. The best way to meet women is through your friends, that's how I met all the girls I have dated. I got a few dates with cold approaching but meeting women through your friends is the best way to go.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Jackfruits wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 12:55 pm

That's not a problem with Thailand or the Philippines, or all girls from those countries. That's a problem with men of a certain age who are deluded that they can still attract a model-looking girl less than half their age just because they have some cash and the girls live in third-world countries, far away from the coveted "Western civilisation".

Not that different from the hordes of sex-starved men, of any age in this case, who flock to OnlyFans to buy "contents" from pretty girls with big jugs who are millionaires before they hit 20.

It's the perverse, very perverse combination of sky-high expectations in the aesthetic department, combined with the sufficiency of virtuality. These men essentially feel better off fantasizing about having a young hot girl who they know will never meet, rather than having real sex or, heaven forbid, a real relationship with a girl closer to their age and/or of more modest aesthetics.

I don't have any problem imagining where this will lead, in just a few short years. Men enjoying pixel-perfect beauties on their PC screens while wearing a glorified software-controlled fleshlights. Sex will become gross, inappropriate, "racist". Wanting to start a traditional family the ultimate sign of a fascist, retrograde mentality that must be suppressed at all cost.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

You just described the movie/book A brave new world
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Jackfruits wrote:
August 15th, 2022, 11:11 pm
You just described the movie/book A brave new world
Exactly. I dare anyone to tell me whether they would prefer fantasizing about girl #1 in the metaverse, or have a stab at dating girl #2 IRL.

Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

yes most men dont look in the mirror and see the fat poor ass they really are and think arrogant "I'm from the west and I deserve the best" while in the west they cant get anything
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

jamesbond wrote:
August 15th, 2022, 8:24 pm
HouseMD wrote:
August 15th, 2022, 4:46 pm

When did you get married HouseMD? Did you meet her through your friends? Your right, too many men in America are socially isolated and use online dating if they want to meet women or they go to bars and clubs. The best way to meet women is through your friends, that's how I met all the girls I have dated. I got a few dates with cold approaching but meeting women through your friends is the best way to go.
I met her about a decade ago, but we've been married far less than that. She's wonderful all around. I'm free to do a I want in the chasing other women department but honestly she's so damn good I don't bother, other women are just headaches at this point when I've got a great one to come home to. Plus we're over 10 years on and the sex is still great, so I'm betting we're good for the long haul.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I'll elaborate on this topic in more detail in a new thread I'm about to write. But I have seen "the other side" of the whole Philippine dating experience during the last year or so. And I have to say... it's not always pretty. In fact, finding quality is often a needle-in-a-haystack sort of deal in the Philippines. The average Filipina simply isn't that attractive. And the longer you live in the Philippines, as I have, the more critical one becomes when it comes to skin tone, facial features, social status and such.

I did, eventually, find a true gem. But it was HARD. If you're easily pleased with the dumb-as-a-brick "exotic types" then for sure, you'll find 'love' or whatever passes for love easily enough in the Philippines. But if you want a woman men would envy you for having, both in the Philippines as well as abroad, you're going to be in for quite a hard time.

And yes, as I said... I found out the hard way. Also, no, Filipinas aren't "the best wives". Especially not if you want her to be interesting, fascinating, wonderful... like any other race of women, they can betray you. They can disappoint you. And you can lose them:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46061
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

i agree, if you want quality, its difficult to find in PH or Asia when you are just traveling. Anywhere in the world for quality, you need to have a normal life and meet normal people. Honestly PH isn't cheap either. I spend $2500-3000/m and in Bangkok it was cleaner, more hygienic, didn't get constant dhiarrea and stayed in a good and clean 4-star hotel for the same money as crap life in cebu city. Girls from apps was same all over Asia TBH: not LTR/marriage material. The moment you leave the country you know they will move on to the next foreigner man
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Jackfruits wrote:
August 21st, 2022, 2:34 pm
i agree, if you want quality, its difficult to find in PH or Asia when you are just traveling. Anywhere in the world for quality, you need to have a normal life and meet normal people. Honestly PH isn't cheap either. I spend $2500-3000/m and in Bangkok it was cleaner, more hygienic, didn't get constant dhiarrea and stayed in a good and clean 4-star hotel for the same money as crap life in cebu city. Girls from apps was same all over Asia TBH: not LTR/marriage material. The moment you leave the country you know they will move on to the next foreigner man
The only way to date quality in the Philippines is usually to be referred to by someone. You need to establish yourself in the country. Build a network. Make trusted friends, and have those trusted friends vouch for you. It's literally the only way to reach that level. Even then, it takes some degree of luck. I married a girl I met online, long ago. Marriage eventually failed; she had mental issues. Smart, but just not wife material. I never saw it. Never realized it. I was blinded by love. A foolish but all too common thing.

Second time around, my tastes had changed, my criteria had become far more strict and I found that about 99% of girls in the Philippines simply don't "do it" for me anymore. Thank goodness I already build up a network and remained close with the former in-laws... this allowed me to continue navigating society rather smoothly. I was a bit too close-for-comfort in my particular neck of the woods, however, so I looked elsewhere. Another region, another city.

And eventually, I struck gold. Girl looks like one of those young TV actresses. It's crazy. But honestly, you'd have an EASIER time getting a really cute girl in Europe or even America. I mean everyone shit-talks America all the time but my cousin was literally there for two months and he already got this super cute Latina chick. They've been married for a few years now, have a bunch of kids. Happy by all accounts.

The Philippines is a place where you need someone to vouch for you, and to vouch for the girl. Gotta make sure she's legit and not a scammer and gotta make sure you are trusted, too, to gain her trust. It's a long process, not for the faint of heart. PublicDuende has gone into it more eloquently across many more posts than I have dedicated to this, a few years back, when he was searching for The One. He succeeded, eventually, but being critical, picky and refusing to go for girls deemed not cute by locals will make things harder.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144