Japanese Women or Korean Women for Marriage

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Japanese Women or Korean Women for Marriage

Post by MrMan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 9th, 2023, 5:00 pm
I don't think Korean American girls and Korean girls are that different. They both have the same materialistic and shallow mind set. I couldn't have any deep conversations with them and some of them...I can't stand. Some of them I want to slap them hard for being a rude b*tch. Korean food is alright but other country's food are just as good. Spanish food is similar to Korean food. They have the rice, beans, and meat or fish. I don't understand the massive "health benefit" or hype for korean food. All spicy, salty, fatty, MSG, etc. And the Korean government promote "K-food" for global export...oh give me a break. Please... :roll:
They eat pechu... Chinese cabbage, spinach, etc. a lot, so there is probably a larger percentage of vegetables in their diet. A lot of the vegetables are fermented. That part of the diet is healthy.
Oh no.. Korean women changed for the worst for the last 20 years. Back in the 90's Korean women wasn't as artificial and bat sh*t crazy. Some of them were alright. Now, Korean women's heart blackened and she thinks being a selfish, materialistic, backstabbing, hysterical b*tch is showing her power.. Give me a break. I say it again.. that's why South Korea has the lowest birthrate on the planet. Google it. Who in the right mind want to stick their penis into those plastic surgery monster harridans. Eewww.
I lived in South Korea for a year in the 1990's. Some of the girls seemed okay, but the culture was rather rigid, and it would have been hard to marry into that in some ways.

I had an American friend probably around 30 who married a pretty young Korean woman in her mid 20's. Apparently, they had sex constantly, and she said, "Any time you want me in the middle of the night, wake me up." I didn't want to think that stuff when I saw his wife, though, so it was TMI for me, but it did pique my interest about Korean women, just wondering if that was a racial trait of them. I suspect it was more an individual trait. There are probably American women like that in the first year of a relationship, too.

Of course, they were newly weds, and I eventually had lots and lots of sex with my Indonesian wife the first few years of marriage. She never said that, though.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@MrMan

I agree that fermented vegetables are healthy. But remember, Koreans also eat lot of spicy, hot, salty, fatty foods and soups which can affect their stomach and intestines. Koreans are not as fat as Americans but Koreans also eat lot of Instant ramen, Korean fried chicken, Sam Geop Sal(Fatty pork meat), Marinated beef, Soju, and some times they eat lot of hamburgers, take outs delivery foods, and pizza too.

Of course Mr Man. If you were in Korea at the 1990's and is a white foreigner then korean women would treat you with curiosity and respect.
I think you have some sort of strong nostalgia in your days in Korea.
And of course, Korean woman want to have sex with a tall white foreigner dude with big penis. Foreigners were a big novelty back in the 90's Korea. But not now. Fast forward to 2023 and white foreigners are no longer a novelty. There are over one million foreigners living in Seoul and every week, Korean TV plays a show with foreigners with Korean wives living in Korea. Foreigners are no longer special and Korean women has lost their innocence, femininity, and spirituality just like their western counterparts.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:
February 9th, 2023, 4:07 pm
I'm Korean. I married a Korean girl and we are still married. Is it perfect ? No. I do have friends who are divorce but they married a Korean American girl. Korean American girls are different from native Korean girls. Korean women did change compare to 10 or 20 years ago. So I don't know how bad it got.
But years ago I did date Korean girls. They were ALLOT better than the local American girls.
You can say exactly the same about Japanese women. A Japanese-American woman who is living in the States or in Canada since years is nothing else but the typical American girl next door. And of course a Japanese woman in Japan, who has never been in northern America is quite different from females living in the States or Canada...
... times change allot in Korea that superficiality and lookism is super big in Korea and yes the feminist movement in Korea is becoming more and more like a copy cat of western women feminism. Surprising Japan does not copy cat that type of feminism movement.
This is correct, the Western feminist influence is rampant in South Korea, but in Japan it exists, but such values are not really accepted in the Japanese society. Korean women are better informed about what feminism means outside of their own country.

Many women in Japan do not really understand the foreign word 'feminism' and most interviews show up to be a bit funny and for sure never be hateful against men.

See some videos below....

------------------------------

I also feel it is much easier to import foreign values into Korean society compared to Japanese society.

For example take all these Christianity related churches. In Japan they all are not very successful, with likely less than 2 million followers.
Japan remains clearly a Buddhist/Shinto related country, with more than 80 percent of the population holding at least a family grave and membership of a Buddhist temple... Tendai, Shingonshu, Nichiren and so on...
Most Japanese Christians can be found only around Nagasaki and Yamaguchi, where missionaries were active and able to enter and teach in Japan..

However South Korea is exactly the opposite, Buddhism is dying out and South Korea presents now after Philippines the no. 2 of Christian population in all Asia. South Korea is even the ONLY country in this world, where the number of Catholic followers are still increasing.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Yohan

Yeah, I had some decent experience with Japanese women. Very calm, somber, and feminine compared to Korean and Chinese women.
Chinese women some were real arrogant c*nts but some were kind hearted. I had mixed experience with them.

Yes, Unfortunately Korea is America's forwarding military base. There is a base near Seoul, the capital.
So that's why they were more willing to accept Western ideals. Japan only has a base in remote island of Okinawa, not next to Tokyo.
And Japanese people are more insular and emphasize preserving traditions than Koreans. Koreans can't do that because most of their ancient stuff has been destroyed, pillaged, and stolen by Japan and others. They don't have anything to preserve!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

February 10th, 2023, 6:41 am
@Yohan

Yeah, I had some decent experience with Japanese women. Very calm, somber, and feminine compared to Korean and Chinese women.
Chinese women some were real arrogant c*nts but some were kind hearted. I had mixed experience with them.

Yes, Unfortunately Korea is America's forwarding military base. There is a base near Seoul, the capital.
So that's why they were more willing to accept Western ideals. Japan only has a base in remote island of Okinawa, not next to Tokyo.
And Japanese people are more insular and emphasize preserving traditions than Koreans. Koreans can't do that because most of their ancient stuff has been destroyed, pillaged, and stolen by Japan and others. They don't have anything to preserve!
Sorry but this is not correct, Japan is also full with US-servicemen.

Next to Tokyo is YOKOTA Airbase, and YOKOSUKA Navy base, and there are other facilities too, like housing in Negishi.
Japan has a lot of US servicemen in various places, not only in Okinawa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... s_Yokosuka

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokota_Air_Base
and also nearby is Atsugi Airbase
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Facility_Atsugi

Not far away from my place is Iwakuni Base (near Hiroshima)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Co ... on_Iwakuni

-----------------------------

About Chinese people, or Chinese women - it is not possible to say they are so or so. - There are many groups of Chinese, and they are different from each other, living dispersed in a very wide area, even their dialects are so different from each other, that they need to refer to standard (mandarin) Chinese to communicate. They also have different taste about their Chinese food etc. Looks are also different, some are small and not so slim, some others are tall (I found that with Cantonese Chinese), some are really dirty people, and others are remarkably clean...

I was together with Hokkien Chinese in Malaysia when I was young, about 21 years old, and the entire family was just overdemanding but they were good in money making and if I stayed with them I would be now rich too. But I left...for Japan, and I do not regret it ...

On the other side, I still have since more than 20 years good contact with a Chinese Hakka woman also from Malaysia, who is exactly the opposite, and all her family members too, and I met all of them personally already 3 times when they were visiting Japan. Very nice people...

People like Japanese (and Koreans too of course) are similar to each othe, have the same school education, speak the same language, the same government....but who is a Chinese? There is a Thai Chinese, a Filipino Chinese, Taiwanese etc.... I met Thai Chinese who cannot speak standard Chinese, and often Malaysian Chinese cannot write and read Chinese at all...just using their dialects for simple conversation and switch to English when it is getting more complicated...

It is maybe the best not to speak about Chinese in general, but only about certain Chinese living in a certain region or country....

--------------------

As you know I am from Europe and therefore have really neutral feelings about both countries, Japan and Korea (North and South)

About Korean culture, there is still something left over, like national clothes, traditional music, the Korean language/writing, Korean food...
the way people were constructing their homes in the past to survive the cold winter....

https://www.koreanculture.org/korea-inf ... d-the-arts
Nice summery can be found here with this link in English.

I feel the main problem is that Korea are now 2 rather different countries with no solution for the future.

----------------------

About mssing culture, you could say that about Taiwan, in some places there is more Japanese culture than Chinese culture....
Unlike both Koreas, Taiwan and Japan get along nicely, no unpleasant issues, despite Taiwan was also a Japanese colony in the past, same as Korea.

Follow-up comments from some Chinese are also nice to read...

but sorry to disappoint, Taiwan is also not a good place to look for a wife or girlfriend... no way...
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Yohan

I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me on the location of military bases in Japan.
The Japanese are good at preserving their tradition and all that.

Your right. There is some remnant of Korean tradition left such as clothing, homes, food, holidays, etc. But I don't really care about those.
Korean people pay very little attention to that and most of them don't care. All they care about is surviving, making money, their family and friends just like the people from rest of the world.

I know. China is a vast country with different regions so we can't really generalize. Chinese people I find some of them are real money hungry A$$holes and some of them are really hospitable people. Like I said, I had mixed experience with them.

I am sure you don't like your country Austria and Austrian women based on your posts. That's why your in Japan and having a nice family there.
I don't have a strong love for my country either. Hell, most Koreans wants to live abroad and hundreds of thousands of Koreans are looking to get a IT job in Japan and settle there. It was on the Korean news.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

February 9th, 2023, 6:34 pm
@MrMan

I agree that fermented vegetables are healthy. But remember, Koreans also eat lot of spicy, hot, salty, fatty foods and soups which can affect their stomach and intestines. Koreans are not as fat as Americans but Koreans also eat lot of Instant ramen, Korean fried chicken, Sam Geop Sal(Fatty pork meat), Marinated beef, Soju, and some times they eat lot of hamburgers, take outs delivery foods, and pizza too.
When I was there, there were pizza and burger places. I suspect some of the young ate it, but it probably wasn't a big part of their diet.

Korean salty foods don't have enough salt. If you don't have a heart problem, why would salt be unhealthy? Some of the young people or career professionals might eat too much ramen. That stuff is low on nutrition, mainly fat and calories and MSG, but they usually throw in an egg, kimchi, or other vegetables, so ramen is just a part of it. And why would spicy foods be bad for you? Red pepper is high in vitamin C? If you are sensitive to it, then it's an issue. Otherwise, salt and hot peppers are generally okay.

Sam Geop Sal is rather fatty. Eating too much of that isn't a good idea.
Of course Mr Man. If you were in Korea at the 1990's and is a white foreigner then korean women would treat you with curiosity and respect.
I think you have some sort of strong nostalgia in your days in Korea.
And of course, Korean woman want to have sex with a tall white foreigner dude with big penis. Foreigners were a big novelty back in the 90's Korea. But not now. Fast forward to 2023 and white foreigners are no longer a novelty. There are over one million foreigners living in Seoul and every week, Korean TV plays a show with foreigners with Korean wives living in Korea. Foreigners are no longer special and Korean women has lost their innocence, femininity, and spirituality just like their western counterparts.

If that is what women were hoping for, I didn't indulge them. I don't think the typical girl was slutty back then, beyond the 'Pretty Woman' outfit, and not all wore that.

Are there a lot of white foreigners in Seoul now, or does the number include Veitnamese and Filipina wives who migrate from the country to the city? 'International marriage' is a bit of an edgy topic when I was there. It seemed like a lot of parents might not have been open to their children marrying foreigners.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@MrMan

my mistake.. the wiki said over 2 million foreigners but almost half are chinese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreigners_in_Korea
Still, people say getting English teaching job became way harder then back in the 1990's because lot of influx of foreigners living in Itaewon district in Seoul looking for the same job.
And Koreans are not as mesmerized or over interested in foreigners like back in the 1990's.

Your right, Korean parents are still not open to marry foreigners unless his white and good looking.

Ramen with vegetable, egg and kimchi is still unhealthy. Yeah I don't like spicy food, but they have plenty of them in their foods.