Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Dark Theme

Are these things true about China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Neo
Junior Poster

Are these things true about China?

Post by Neo »

Is there a social credit score that would prevent people from buying a train ticket or that would prevent their children from attending a certain school or that would cause their friends to shun them, if their score is too low?

Can the score be lowered by such things as jay walking?

In China, are Christians and Muslims kept in concentration camps?

Are prisoners killed for their organs?

Is facial recognition software used nearly everywhere to keep track of everyone ?

Thanks.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are these things true about China?

Post by Winston »

I never saw any of that. Its all on thr hateful western media only it seems. And the organ harvesting thing was considered am urban legend exposed long ago in a fact check.

You should ask @zboy1 and @ethan_sg and @magnum and @yick and @Ghost. They live there or have lived there a long time.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 10:38 am
Is there a social credit score that would prevent people from buying a train ticket or that would prevent their children from attending a certain school or that would cause their friends to shun them, if their score is too low?

China is not North Korea. Mao-time is over, a part of history.
There is censorship of internet, media in China, but nothing like as it is in North Korea.
Mobile phones are operating for international calls, internet is still internationally connected etc.

Every Chinese citizen I met so far assured me as long as you do not question openly the Communist Party and pestering it with Western USA-style BS-nonsense issues (religious rights, human rights, etc.) and have no criminal record, you are pretty fine. Nowadays life is not so bad in China in general and you can do more or less what you want. Up to you.

If you don't like that, you can apply for a passport and leave China anytime, even for always, the government does not care about that. There are many millions of Chinese who have passports and travel around the world. It's more about if those foreign countries let you in...for short-time yes they do if you are a Chinese tourist in a group, however for long-stay as an individual Chinese it's getting much more difficult if you like to live abroad as a Chinese citizen....

As a Chinese citizen older than 16 you need obligatory to apply for a valid 居民身份证 Chinese ID card. For booking some certain long distance trains and domestic airplanes you need to present your card when buying such tickets. In general except some restricted areas like Tibet and Xinjiang, a Chinese citizen can travel around within China as he likes - plenty of hotels, plenty of local flights and trains.

I don't know anything about 'scores' - they exist in North Korea dividing their own citizens into certain groups, but never heard that about China.
Is facial recognition software used nearly everywhere to keep track of everyone ?
Thanks.
As said already, if you start to argue with the Chinese Communist Party, you will find yourself in trouble. Asking for religious consideration is not appreciated.

Yes, organs of executed prisoners might be used - however it is not so easy now, as death sentences have to be reviewed by higher courts.

Facial recognition software, I don't know, I would not be surprised if they do. However it is the same in Western countries, biometric passports, fingerprints in airports etc. and cameras are now everywhere. To keep track however of everyone is impossible, there are too many people around in the Chinese cities.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sorry i misunderstood. I thought u meant kidnapped people who get their organs removed and find out about it after they wake up. Lol

Neo it sounds like you've been reading a lot of propaganda.

I agree with Yohan. As long as u dont stage a protest rally and just be a tourist and do touristy things you are fine. The police in China are relaxed and dont like to bother anyone. Even when security guards tell me not to sit somewhere they do it in a polite and shy manner. Like in other parts of Asia the policeman u see look bored like they have nothing to do. Because asians are so compliant so they dont need to do anything.

This is true in southern China cities but i dont know about Beijing or Shanghai. I can only speak from experience in southern China cities.

Why are u asking all this?

Christians are not persecuted. But i heard from a girl that the Chinese government discourages religion and encourages you to believe in science instead. Apparently they spread the fallacy that religion and science are mutually exclusive, like in American academia. But they let u choose ultimately.

However some religions like falun gong are outlawed. I dont know why. Maybe Yohan can explain why.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan i heard that chinese citizens have to apply for a permit to move to another city. Is that true? If so how do they qualify to move?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
Unless things have changed since I was there, I don't see how. It would have been impossible to walk anywhere without jaywalking and if not following the road rules lowered your score then essentially all drivers would be in prison. Road rules are suggestions in most Asian countries, which is why Asian drivers tend to be regarded as horrible in the West.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do u mean by jaywalking? Other than in taiwan and japan, asians jaywalk all the time. They run across the street when its clear or cross a red light on foot. They seem to walk anywhere they want. They even sleep on the lawn I've seen. China doesnt care about those things. I dont understand why no one on the internet exposes all these US media lies and why everyone lets them get away with it?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Yohan i heard that chinese citizens have to apply for a permit to move to another city. Is that true? If so how do they qualify to move?
This regulation is still existing as far as I know - if a Chinese citizen is moving from a RURAL area in his province to ANOTHER but URBAN (industrial) area OUTSIDE of his province.

I think this regulation is still valid, but often ignored.

There are 2 categories, permanent and temporary permit - the person has to prove employment and housing before being allowed to change his address. Many Chinese workers are only temporary living away from rural areas in cities to earn money during winter time and go back during summer season.

However there are many illegals too, who just don't care....they arrange some simple job by phone every year often with the same company etc. and live with a friend for a few months who has already an address in that region, something like that.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 9:47 pm
What do u mean by jaywalking? Other than in taiwan and japan, asians jaywalk all the time. They run across the street when its clear or cross a red light on foot. They seem to walk anywhere they want. They even sleep on the lawn I've seen. China doesnt care about those things. I dont understand why no one on the internet exposes all these US media lies and why everyone lets them get away with it?
Don't say that...
In Japan every pedestrian and especially bicycle rider ignores a red signal if there is no car coming and is moving on...
Traffic police cares only about cars and motorcycles.

There are always some annoying untrue or outdated stories coming up, mostly in USA about Japan and other Asian countries.

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Yohan wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 9:22 pm
Every Chinese citizen I met so far assured me as long as you do not question openly the Communist Party and pestering it with Western USA-style BS-nonsense issues (religious rights, human rights, etc.) and have no criminal record, you are pretty fine. Nowadays life is not so bad in China in general and you can do more or less what you want. Up to you.
Religious rights and human rights are nonsense issues, lol. For someone with as much legit valuable wisdom to share I'm always amazed at how illiberal you are.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

flowerthief00 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 12:27 am
Yohan wrote:
Religious rights and human rights are nonsense issues, lol. For someone with as much legit valuable wisdom to share I'm always amazed at how illiberal you are.
I agree. Religious rights and human rights are not issues in reality. They are only issues on TV in the media. In real life, people go about their business and as long as they don't cause trouble or make a scene or rock the apple cart or get in the way of powerful people, they are basically left alone. Doesn't matter what religion or race they are. I don't know anyone in real life who talks about racial equality or even cares about it. Only the media always talks about it. In real life, if people like you, they like you and will show it. If they don't like you then they are cold and standoffish. That's true whether you are black or white. People in everyday reality don't make an issue about race. So the reality you see on the media is very different than the reality you see in everyday real life.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Neo wrote:

Thanks.
The social credit system is a good idea that will stop reprobates, neer do wells and the kind of people who shit on the street from coming to your hometown, low social credit score will stop them getting a passport and coming to America for example. Visa free travel is getting better for Chinese people every passing year and the last thing this government wants are the riff raff from buying plane tickets and lowering the good name of China (if that is possible...).

Christians and Muslims live amongst the population, a lot of Muslims run restaurants and eateries and wear headscarves etc

It would take a lot for a Chinese person to get arrested, Chinese people jaywalk everywhere and aren't able to walk anywhere in a socially acceptable way.

Are prisoners killed for their organs? Not as far as I know

Facial recognition is used - if I sign for a package, I scan it and it takes my picture, so it is in operation.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Thank you to everyone who answered.

I just remembered another one. Do they really need "suicide nets" to prevent people from jumping out of / off of buildings to escape factories that enslave them?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 4:04 am
Thank you to everyone who answered.

I just remembered another one. Do they really need "suicide nets" to prevent people from jumping out of / off of buildings to escape factories that enslave them?
I don't know but in many Chinese apartments inside high rise buildings, there is no balcony. They put metal grates or cages on windows to prevent anyone from jumping out or accidentally falling out. I think that's a good idea. It doesn't just prevent suicides, it also prevents murder of people by pushing them off the balcony, which you see in stupid American movies.

In Taiwan some malls have safety nets if they have 3 floors or more to catch people who accidentally fall. That's good natured and nice I guess. But you don't see that kind of thing in other countries. Especially the Philippines. lol

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

flowerthief00 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 12:27 am
Yohan wrote:
Living in Japan, of course I am sceptical about China, not my favorite country at all, but I am not trying to make China worse than it is in reality.
China is not such a poor country and many Chinese people have a fairly good life.

I do not consider my reaction as 'liberal' (whatever 'liberal' should mean) if you are coming from USA to Asia and try to teach those countries what their government and citizens should or should not do because in USA everything is so much better, and this and that is 'their rights' and similar BS-talk.

USA should better look after their own - often very serious - internal problems instead of lecturing countries of a different culture and telling them what they do is wrong and what USA is doing is right...

USA has a remarkable huge prison population, serious racial issues, is legally seen a mess, is suffering of a gun culture with millions of illegal firearms, more than half a million homeless sleeping in the streets, poor labour rights and even has no medical cover for all its citizen. Think about that! Look at all these violent riots in the States during the last months and the damages, looting and arson....

Streets in China are much safer than in the USA, despite the country has 4 times more population , nevertheless China has less people in jail than USA.

There are various comments in this HA-Forum which even claim that China is more liberal than USA....
True or not, check it out....

viewtopic.php?t=33192