Article about bargirls in Cambodia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Article about bargirls in Cambodia

Post by MatureDJ »

http://www.slate.com/id/2293999/

I like this comment
As a western women who's spent a lot of time in SE Asia, I agree with your basic idea of the economics of the situation. However, as a long term expat in Thailand, you must be familiar with the fact that the vast majority of the Western expats there are men. I completely agree with your trophy wife analogy above, but one of the reasons I came back to the States from SE Asia was, literally, the lack of Western guys who wanted to date me. I'd go out to the bar, have a great intellectual conversation with a Western guy, and then he'd go home with a local woman, and I'd go home alone.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Oh wow.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!