Ended up in India... Need help

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Ended up in India... Need help

Post by lookin4happiness »

Hey guys,
I recently came from the U.S. to India in order to do a study program. I will be here for a year about. I had been to India twice before but to different parts. Spending most of my life in America, it is really hard to get used to it over here in general. I am in a part where the people are very friendly in general. There are a lot of pretty girls but they are very very traditional. I think that everything has to lead to marriage here and that they aren't much interested in foreigners even though I am better looking and have more money it doesn't seem to matter. Where as in america people have there personal space there is no such concept here. Even the women rub up and brush against you in the streets. So I am wondering if anyone has any experience with India. again I have to repeat living in India has to be the strangest shit in the world for people from America. Even I, with previous experience am not prepared. It seems that even though I have a lot going for me, I will be just as romantically lonely as I was in the states? Some of the good things about India are that in general, at least the place i am in, people are very very relaxed. It is such a relief coming from the U.S. I have a purpose here and I havn't just come to look for women, so not all is lost.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Sucks to be you I guess. India gets a lot of unwarranted hype as a travel destination because hippies and "spiritualists" think of it as this fantastic holy place. It's a well known sausage fest though and the quantity of sexual repressed Indian men I see going to other countries like Thailand is staggering.

I guess you could try to meet some westernized Indian women in the expat party scene? That's your best bet i'm sure they are around.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Sucks to be you? That is a dumb ass comment. I sort of knew what I was getting into coming here. But my number one priority was not women. Every place has its good and bad.. There are good things about India and there are bad. People are probably more happy here on the average than they are in America. They seem to be far less socially repressed here. The gov is much less tyranistic than America. The interesting thing about it is people shouldn't come to India thinking they are going to be worshipped for being white and having money. That simply won't happen. The reason you see a lot of indian men in thailand is because it is fairly close to India and there are over a billion indians so naturally there is a lot of indian men in general. Besides prostiution is legal in India so they don't have to go there.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

the part of india i am in is def not a sausage fest.. all the local guys seem to have pretty nice looking girlfriends, and the guys are much worse looking than the women.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Well, if you have things all figured out and women and social life in India aren't an issue then why are you complaining about it then?

There have been numerous posts on this forum talking about how India is a bit of a shit hole and over rated as a western expat destination.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well, I remember BoycottAmericanWomen talking about finding his wife in India a while back: He got married to a village girl--which according to him--were more traditional in behavior than say, Indian girls in the city. I think he recommended going to the big cities to find Indian girls to date. Maybe you could go and search for all his posts on this forum where he talked a lot about India; however, he got banned for going off the deep end, so I don't know if he's still listed on the site. Also, I agree with Repatriate: maybe you should check out the expat scene where Indian girls would be more receptive to Western men than they otherwise would be. I think Indian chicks are really hot and I would love bang an Indian chick one day.

And while you're in India, enjoy the experience lookin4happiness. I've traveled to my share of foreign countries, and I'm always amazed at how much more free and relaxing life can be outside of the U.S.. It also makes you realize what a hellhole life in the U.S. can be.
Last edited by zboy1 on March 14th, 2012, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Here are some of Boycott's threads:

I'm an American man living in India, any questions?
viewtopic.php?p=50323&highlight=#50323

Boycott American Women
viewtopic.php?t=10454

Maybe you could send him a question on his blog site:
http://boycottamericanwomen.blogspot.com/
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

zboy.. thanks for the useful postings.. Life is more relaxing outside the U.S. especially in India, at least where I am. It is not all about going to the place where the prostitutes are most plentiful as many on this site seem to believe. There are a lot of things to learn in Asia in general.. if people think that going to the place where the girls are easiest is going to make them happy then they are in for a dissapointment in the long run.
Repatriate- Maybe I am just having a bad day today and feel the need to complain. I don't think anyone has India all figured out even if you lived here for 30 years.

why at the same time it may be hard to have sex with many women in India. at least they are friendly and you don't get that get away from me creep vibe from them as you do in the U.S.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

lookin4happiness wrote:zboy.. thanks for the useful postings.. Life is more relaxing outside the U.S. especially in India, at least where I am. It is not all about going to the place where the prostitutes are most plentiful as many on this site seem to believe. There are a lot of things to learn in Asia in general.. if people think that going to the place where the girls are easiest is going to make them happy then they are in for a dissapointment in the long run.
Repatriate- Maybe I am just having a bad day today and feel the need to complain. I don't think anyone has India all figured out even if you lived here for 30 years.

why at the same time it may be hard to have sex with many women in India. at least they are friendly and you don't get that get away from me creep vibe from them as you do in the U.S.
Most people not named Winston on here aren't looking for prostitutes. Most of the posts are overwhelmingly about the best place to find decent relationships with culturally compatible asian women. What you're saying now is pretty much what has been posted about India before.. the people can be nice but physical intimacy is unavailable. How is that normal? That's precisely what people mean by sausage fest. You might women around but they are unavailable and it's still a repressed traditional culture deep down.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

well if anyone besides boycott has any extensive experience with India.. Please let me know.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

lookin4happiness wrote:zboy.. thanks for the useful postings.. Life is more relaxing outside the U.S. especially in India, at least where I am. It is not all about going to the place where the prostitutes are most plentiful as many on this site seem to believe. There are a lot of things to learn in Asia in general.. if people think that going to the place where the girls are easiest is going to make them happy then they are in for a dissapointment in the long run.

Haven't been to India but I've generally found Couchsurfing to be a good way to meet people. In India, it will still be a sausage fest but you'll probably meet more non-traditional women and women who are opening to dating a foreigner. If you're not a member already, you'll need to create a profile first. Then you can go to the link below to search for groups in your city and see what events are planned:

http://www.couchsurfing.org/groups.html?search=1

BTW, I agree 100% about what you said re: going somewhere where are girls are easier = not making you happier. I posted about that before. I've dated great girls in the philippines, colombia and peru. But I found I wasn't any happier in those places than I was in the US.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

I am surprised that no one has any more information about India in general.. This place is weird but I havn't given up hope on it yet..
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

lookin4happiness wrote:I am surprised that no one has any more information about India in general.. This place is weird but I havn't given up hope on it yet..
Well, India isn't exactly a popular place for expats in general compared to other countries in Asia or Latin America. Not many men come to India to find women unless they're already an overseas Indian (NRI)--which makes it a lot easier to get women than if you're a foreigner over there. Indian women living overseas are much easier to get a date with and have sex with than Indian women living in the subcontinent.

Here's an article from the Huffington Post titled "How to Date an Indian (Advice for the Non-Indian):"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrea-mi ... 96496.html

Here's a blog post titled "Why Do Indian Women Like White Men?:"

http://www.whiteindianhousewife.com/201 ... white-men/

India best places to go:

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-3818. ... dian+women

India chance of getting laid:

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-566.h ... dian+women

BTW, I'm putting up a funny video about this poor Indian dude unwillingly forced into an arraigned marriage, LOL.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8x2oii4 ... ure=fvwrel[/youtube]
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

The best thing for you would be to make friends with a local Indian (perhaps one who has lived abroad) who you can ask questions. Nothing ever beats the advice of a local! And lots of people speak English in India.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Post by GuitarGuy996 »

I met a wonderful woman (we are not dating but still talk regularly) when I was in India. She's one of the most amazing people I've ever met. She works 8 hours a day and commutes 4. Many men and women in India need to work extra hard just to survive. When people learn the value of hard work they develop good character as a result. I'm a big fan of the India people, and make sure to say "namaste" when I see one at convenience stores and gas stations in NJ. They especially appreciate when you show a genuine interest in their culture.

I saw a bit of the anti-social western tendencies in Mumbai, but also but some GREAT people.

Keep your eyes open, you may meet someone awesome.