PUA Group in Taipei, Taiwan? WTF?! LOL

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

PUA Group in Taipei, Taiwan? WTF?! LOL

Post by Winston »

Check this out. There's a PUA group in Taipei, Taiwan. WTF? LOL. How can there be PUA in Taiwan when flirtation is a big taboo there?

Rock, you should have Monkro join and attend. He would be perfect for it. LOL

Here is their page on Meetup.com:

http://www.meetup.com/TAIWAN-WINGMAN-CL ... 102475242/

Here is their page on Couchsurfing: (I'm surprised that CS allows such groups since it is a non-dating site and does not allow its system to be used for dating)

https://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=9223

This is their founder, an Asian guy named Fred Fang:

https://www.couchsurfing.org/people/bboyfred/

I posted these questions for Fred Fang on CS and Meetup.com:
Hi Fred Fang,
Thanks for creating this group. I have a perplexing question for you that I can't figure out:

Why is it that dating in Taiwan looks easy on the surface, since there are couples everywhere you go. In fact, you often see short ugly guys with tall beautiful girls in Taiwan, as if looks don't matter. Most guys I see in Taiwan could not get any dates at all in America, where the standards in dating are VERY high, as we all know. So it looks like no one is lonely or dateless in Taiwan. And it looks like getting a girlfriend/date is super easy.

However, in practice it seems really damn hard, like there are multiple walls and obstacles against you. It's very hard to chat up Taiwanese girls or even hold a conversation with them or connect with them, since they don't have much hobbies or interests. They are also very shy, defensive and guarded toward strangers. They are also very cliquish and don't talk to people unless they are invited into their group. And they never flirt of course, since flirtation is a big taboo in Taiwan. They are not open or engaging by nature, but seem stuck up and cold. And they do not like to meet guys unless their trusted friends introduce them, yet no one seems to know any single girls to introduce you to. It's hard to find any decent single girls. If they are single, then they are usually not looking. Otherwise, they are already taken.

Overall, meeting and dating girls in Taiwan in practice seems like a huge uphill battle with multiple factors against you. So how can it look so easy on the surface?

Further, the fact that thousands of foreign brides (Vietnamese mostly) are imported into Taiwan every year indicates that finding a woman is not easy in Taiwan.

Also, using dating sites in Taiwan seems pointless. Hardly anyone writes back. Maybe 1 percent write me back, and those that do write only one sentence and never want to meet up. It seems like a no-win situation from every angle.

So I've never understood this big contradiction. Dating looks super easy in Taiwan, since couples are everywhere, but in practice it feels very hard, like everything is plotting against you. This seems like a paradox. Can you shed any light on it? Am I missing something?

Btw, I do not have any major personality problems other than that I am very direct and blunt, which can turn off some people. But that's a common trait in many other countries, including mainland China. (girls from mainland China seem more authentic and easier to connect with, in my experience)

Two more questions:

1. Also, how is PUA possible in Taiwan since flirtation is a taboo? Trying to flirt in Taiwan feels creepy and illegal. It doesn't fit into the culture or vibe at all. But flirtation is my major skill and talent, so without it, I'm like Superman with no powers. Hence why I call Taiwan an "island of Kryptonite" from the movie Superman Returns.

2. If I were to speculate, maybe it's because I don't have "Asian social skills" and I keep falsely assuming that my Western social skills work in Taiwan? Perhaps they don't, because people in Taiwan are on a very different wavelength. The communication style is very different, not just in terms of language, but in ways that's hard to explain. It's hard to explain what I mean, because a wavelength is something you feel and sense, not something you can describe with mere words. Words have limitations in what they can convey. I'm sure you know what I mean.

The wavelength in Taiwan is very very different in a way that words can't describe. I've never really connected with it, since I don't have an Asian soul or wavelength, like the white people who love Taiwan do, oddly enough, which makes them more Taiwanese than me. lol

Anyway, since I'm a Westerner in an Asian body, perhaps I lack "Asian social skills" and am not on an Asian wavelength, which explains my confusion above? Someone told me that it's like I'm playing the game of Go with the logic of Chess.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

PS - Sorry that I've made this into a deep discussion, but I'm a deep person (which is one reason I don't fit into East Asian culture). And I'm also a writer by profession, so being deep and insightful are my key traits, otherwise I wouldn't be good at my craft of course. lol.

I know that in CS groups, discussion is usually very lighthearted and superficial, and that this post doesn't fit into that flow. If so, feel free to delete this post and then we can discuss these questions privately?

Anyhow, if you want to learn more about me, here is my About Me page:
http://www.happierabroad.com/About-Winston-Wu.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

They are desesperate to put their erected dicks in some pussies so let them have this hope and be it their way.

I just read his reply,go there,listen to them and why not you can make an update about that. :D

PUA in Taiwan sounds amusing like eating ice cream in the Siberian winter.