Why do White women want to live in Japan?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Guts
Freshman Poster

Why do White women want to live in Japan?

Post by Guts »

I've noticed these days that there are a lot of young White women that have learned to speak Japanese to some degree of fluency and have moved to Japan permanently or live there on and off. There are many of them that make videos for youtube about their lives in Japan; most of which is inane pap but they seem to generate hundreds of thousands of views and attract legions of fans and admireers. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as there are many more hopefuls on blogs and forums. It is not uncommon in blogs and comment sections to see phrases like "I love everything about Japan" or "My dream is to live and work in Japan someday" from young women.

It is well known in the Men's Rights community that in the Western world women are riding high. They collectively wield immense political power here and are favored all across the board in all aspects of their lives. Why would they want to live in a society where women are not favored and catered to like they are back home? What's in it for them? I have some theories of my own but I'm interested in hearing the opinions of the members here.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do White women want to live in Japan?

Post by The Professor »

Guts wrote:I've noticed these days that there are a lot of young White women that have learned to speak Japanese to some degree of fluency and have moved to Japan permanently or live there on and off. There are many of them that make videos for youtube about their lives in Japan; most of which is inane pap but they seem to generate hundreds of thousands of views and attract legions of fans and admireers.
Young women can record themselves rambling about nonsense and rack up tens or hundreds of thousands of views. This phenomenon is not new nor is it exclusive to young women talking about Japan.

Guts wrote:And that's just the tip of the iceberg as there are many more hopefuls on blogs and forums. It is not uncommon in blogs and comment sections to see phrases like "I love everything about Japan" or "My dream is to live and work in Japan someday" from young women.

It is well known in the Men's Rights community that in the Western world women are riding high. They collectively wield immense political power here and are favored all across the board in all aspects of their lives. Why would they want to live in a society where women are not favored and catered to like they are back home? What's in it for them? I have some theories of my own but I'm interested in hearing the opinions of the members here.
First of all, women are catered to in Japan just as much as they are in America or any other western country.

Japan is a first world nation with a very low crime rate, and advanced technology. It also has a culture which has become quite popular over the years and is seen as exotic and unique. Therefore, it should come to no surprise that it attracts a lot of people, some of whom happen to be female.

I have personally met white girls who have lived in Japan and others who want to go, most of them are into the j-pop and anime, that whole scene which has been immensely popular within certain sectors of generation Y. Just look at how many young people these days have anime influenced avatars and usernames on message boards, youtube, blogs, and so on.

ETA: Japan is also famous for making everything cutesy or "kawaii" which seems to be another draw that appeals to young women.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Japan offers many employment opportunities for white women and the employment is permanent and in abundance. All the time. There is no such thing as an unemployed white woman ( for more than one week). Saving $500-1000 a month is easy because taxes are some 7-10% only. Medical care is free or very low cost. You don't need to compete because as long as you are a native English speaker and are white, you are hired. Just sit in front of the class and read from a book and get paid $3-4K a month. Is this a bad deal?

This is what a ney-tee-buu su-pee-kaa
of English is suppose to look like and who the Japanese want to teach them:

They are treated extremely well. If there is any oppression against women, it is against Japanese ones, not white ones. The same goes for many Gulf Arab countries- white Western women are treated like Goddesses and never seem to be fired or oppressed in any way.

When they grow old, they go back home with big savings. So, it's a good deal.

White men, otoh, are not treated as well. They are dime a dozen, they get fired all the time and are always in competition with Japanese men and other white men who are in Japan and who always look into ways to f*** them up. Seen in first hand. No solidarity, just pure cutthroat competition.

And this is the kind of man that Japanese girls want to teach them English:

The only problem in Japan is they don't like to rent apartments to foreigners and many entertainment establishments are for Japanese only. Racism is rampant and not punished and the UN does not get involved- these are not white so its ok for them to discriminate. However, most white women are not seen as threats and employers look for apartments for employees.

I was in Japan in pre-Internet days so I could not find any place to rent in my neighborhood - they treated me like a leper- and had to settle for a gaijin house. That was in 1992. Now, if you do a search in English, you will find apartments for foreigners so no problem.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do White women want to live in Japan?

Post by momopi »

Guts wrote:I've noticed these days that there are a lot of young White women that have learned to speak Japanese to some degree of fluency and have moved to Japan permanently or live there on and off. There are many of them that make videos for youtube about their lives in Japan; most of which is inane pap but they seem to generate hundreds of thousands of views and attract legions of fans and admireers. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as there are many more hopefuls on blogs and forums. It is not uncommon in blogs and comment sections to see phrases like "I love everything about Japan" or "My dream is to live and work in Japan someday" from young women.

They're Japanphiles. I've known several white girls who moved to Japan. They get hit on by local guys all the time.

If I have kids some day, I'd take my family to live in Japan for few months (or even couple years if I get job contract there) to give my kids the international experience.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

So basically the gist here is that just ignore them and still go your own way?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

ladislav wrote:Japan offers many employment opportunities for white women and the employment is permanent and in abundance. All the time. There is no such thing as an unemployed white woman ( for more than one week). Saving $500-1000 a month is easy because taxes are some 7-10% only. Medical care is free or very low cost. You don't need to compete because as long as you are a native English speaker and are white, you are hired. Just sit in front of the class and read from a book and get paid $3-4K a month. Is this a bad deal?

This is what a ney-tee-buu su-pee-kaa
of English is suppose to look like and who the Japanese want to teach them:

They are treated extremely well. If there is any oppression against women, it is against Japanese ones, not white ones. The same goes for many Gulf Arab countries- white Western women are treated like Goddesses and never seem to be fired or oppressed in any way.

When they grow old, they go back home with big savings. So, it's a good deal.

White men, otoh, are not treated as well. They are dime a dozen, they get fired all the time and are always in competition with Japanese men and other white men who are in Japan and who always look into ways to f*** them up. Seen in first hand. No solidarity, just pure cutthroat competition.

And this is the kind of man that Japanese girls want to teach them English:

The only problem in Japan is they don't like to rent apartments to foreigners and many entertainment establishments are for Japanese only. Racism is rampant and not punished and the UN does not get involved- these are not white so its ok for them to discriminate. However, most white women are not seen as threats and employers look for apartments for employees.

I was in Japan in pre-Internet days so I could not find any place to rent in my neighborhood - they treated me like a leper- and had to settle for a gaijin house. That was in 1992. Now, if you do a search in English, you will find apartments for foreigners so no problem.
I forgot to mention employment itself in my first reply.

Pretty much every white woman who's working in Japan is an English teacher, and that's a field where females are preferred. Here in China not only do schools prefer females all things being equal, but many will hire a white woman over a more qualified man of any race. From what it sounds like Japan is the same way. The whole blond haired and blue eyed look Ladislav talks about Japanese people preferring for English teachers is not exclusive to Japan. Pretty much every school in Asia that hires English teachers has the same idea of an ideal candidate: White, blonde hair, blue eyes, female, 23-30, English major, TEFL, 2 years experience. The only difference is Japan, being the most popular country in Asia to teach English, can afford to be more picky.

One of my friends back in America is dating a girl who lived and worked in Japan for 2 years. I spoke with her about it on several occasions. If I recall, she made the equivalent of roughly 3.5k USD per month after everything (including rent) was taken out. What's even better is it sounded like she had the easiest job in the world. She said there was almost always a Japanese teacher in the room with her in the room and they were the ones who made the lesson plans, gave the classwork/homework/written exams, graded everything, and so on. All she had to do was show up, read whatever the teacher told her to out loud, have the students repeat, and correct their pronunciation. No prep time needed and since there was a Japanese teacher in the room with her I'm sure she didn't even need to do any discipline. I can't imagine an easier job, it takes the easiest and more enjoyable aspects of being an English teacher, without any of the tedious and difficult parts.

Even though she's kind of ugly, she said she got hit on by a lot of Japanese guys and it sounded like guys were tripping over each other to accommodate her. She got a lot of free stuff/gifts. It sounds like white women in Japan are living the high life.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I don't know if it
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I don't know this is only a preference of race, age and sex as much as it is their perception of "the right person for the right job". Of course there is discrimination as to the fact that in most Asian countries I have visited, it is perfectly okay for them to advertise they desire a tall, beautiful, young woman of a certain age range for a job. Outside of modeling and acting you would get crucified trying this in the US or the west, but another job may require a tall, older gentleman of a certain age range.

Although in a completely different industry, as I don't teach English, my experience in Tokyo and in Shanghai were identical to what the Professor describes for the kind of ugly white girl. Everyone bent over backwards to accomdate me and take care of my needs. In Japan, my language was almost fluent in that day, but in Shanghai, I didn't speak a lick of Chinese. Still, the same, perhaps because I was the right person for THAT job, whereas the girl in Ladislavs picture probably wouldn't be believed.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

I'm not so 100% sure of that. On daves esl cafe, many white women can't take it after awhile, they see other white guys dating asian women and don't want them. many of them don't desire asian guys and may start to dislike asian society after awhile.

i'm not saying that many white women now don't move to Japan and other places, but there is also the other side to it as well.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

I gotta say that Japan sucks when it comes to the "grid" mentality. The pressure for people to conform is much stronger than in the West in my experience and I'd say this contributes to their high suicide rate. The only reason that I stayed there was to study martial arts but I'd never live there long term again. Even my Japanese friends or half Japanese friends really hate this aspect of things. While as an outsider it may seem initially that the pressure to conform doesn't include you it will start to seep in through the social, work and just everyone around you.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Saw a few white women in Japan when I was there, but there weren't many.

A few were obvious h00kers, and were h00king in well known districts known for h00king.

The few white women in Southern China are mostly Russian women who make a living exporting clothes. Well that's what my friend told me, but I rather get the impression some of the younger ones are h00kers.

Then there are the white female expats - the younger ones are exactly the type of woman most of you guys are trying to avoid!

I haven't talked to many of these, but you get an air of "I'm way superior to all the Chinese women here".
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.