If a Chinese woman insists on splitting the bill...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

If a Chinese woman insists on splitting the bill...

Post by Malcolm Z »

Is she not interested? From my experience, chinese women who want to go dutch want to make it clear that they don't see you as a viable romantic candidate, but I'm not quite sure if it is a Chinese custom or not. I was hoping some members with more experience could clue me in.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Re: If a Chinese woman insists on splitting the bill...

Post by Malcolm Z »

One of the girls is from Sichuan... Is it customary there to split the bill or was she purely not interested?
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

It almost certainly means she is not interested. I have not been to China (yet!), but I know several Chinese girls from Sichuan and Chongqing, and not one, but two of them told me this specifically. One of them was trying to get me to date her cousin who had gotten to the U.S. just a couple days before and was 'schooling' me on Chinese dating etiquette; I don't remember how it came up with the other, I just remember thinking 'oh yeah,' because I had heard it before.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Post by Malcolm Z »

Signet wrote:It almost certainly means she is not interested. I have not been to China (yet!), but I know several Chinese girls from Sichuan and Chongqing, and not one, but two of them told me this specifically. One of them was trying to get me to date her cousin who had gotten to the U.S. just a couple days before and was 'schooling' me on Chinese dating etiquette; I don't remember how it came up with the other, I just remember thinking 'oh yeah,' because I had heard it before.
How do you know several Sichuan women? Are you Chinese? Do you know them from work, school? I'm wondering how you were able to meet these women in the US. They seem to only talk to other Chinese who just came from mainland china.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It was my experience that if Chinese women split the bill then they have wealthy families.

If a woman pays the whole bill, she's definitely worth marrying.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

xiongmao wrote:It was my experience that if Chinese women split the bill then they have wealthy families.

If a woman pays the whole bill, she's definitely worth marrying.
I wouldn't marry a woman who pays my bill.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

This is absolute nonsense. A woman who splits the bill is one who'll contribute financially to the relationship. I've noticed that Chinese women are a lot better than Filipinas in this regard.