Different insight in why asian women and western men happen

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Different insight in why asian women and western men happen

Post by chanta76 »

I just visited South korea. I should write a trip report and I might if I can upload some of my pictures that I took. anyway, I visited South Korea because my wife is Korean but I'm Korean-American .
I have Korea parents so I have some insights into Korean cultures. I can't talk about other asian society but I think there is allot of overlaps.

In Korea the in-laws are very big influence to the daught in-law . Fortunately I tell my parents to back off but it can be stressful with my parents to my wife but I'm more of the buffer between the two but I think in Asia ..local Asian guys might not act as that buffer between his parents and his wife. At least in South Korea there are cases of in -laws being bossy to the daughter in -law.

My wife mentioned to me that a good reason why some Korean girls would want to marry a western guy is because they want to escape the traditional korean family pressure. My wife made friends with a Korean woman who married a white guy in USA. She asked her about her parents in law...the western parents in law stays out of there business and leaves them alone.

In Asia it's more about the family...it's like a collective society ..you marry into the family and sometimes everyone is involve. My theory in why feminism didn't take off in Asia is because of that collective thinking that Asian people have and the controlling aspect of the parents. Feminism or at least western type feminism is against collectivism and strong family...which is Asian culture.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Re: Different insight in why asian women and western men hap

Post by Lorenzo »

My understanding is that "feminism" is just beginning to catch on in Korea. Many women electing to pursue education and career then deciding about marriage later. If they are attractive they have figured they can play the game they want. Apparently divorce is going way up in South Korea.

My Korean lady opted to find a white guy after her divorce for several reasons. She thought they are more attentive, strong, taller and the family supportive. Her ex-in-laws were Very manipulative and she despised them.

I am looking forward to visiting Korea next year, though I am concerned how I will get along. My understanding is that people are not so friendly in public compared to SEA?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

visit Korea...

From what I hear if a Korean women is divorcee most Korean guys don't go for her. Most Korean guys if they have the funds find a younger wife..

I'm not sure how tall you are but I was surprise in how taller Korean men gotten mostly the younger generation. It's like generation gap..Korean men in the 40 and 50's are like 5'7 range and boom the guys in 20-30 range are 6 ft ranges and bigger looking. Same with Korean women they gotten taller and you do some thicker looking ones. At the same time I don't know how attractive your wife is but if you visit Korea ...go to Gangnam on Friday or Saturday night your going to see ALLOT of eye candy...and maybe just for a minute no matter how hot your wife looks you wish you were single .

Most Koreans would just ignore you. There not going to jump into your face or anything.

Feminism have different stages . I think in Korea it maybe like America the way it was 1970 or 80's style .I can be wrong. It can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Pretty much any develop country eventually will have a rise of feminism and divorce rate. Women wants to work and be treated equally..OK that's fine for me but the hypocritical part is when they are dating they expect the men to pay for everything or make even more money than she does..that's well the problem arises ..and YES Korea is becoming more and more like that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I shared an apartment with an expat for a month who moved up to Seoul to work at another school within the same franchise. He'd invite me up there and I'd go to Kangnam about once a month. I wasn't in the club scene, but there were lots of young people, and plenty of young women. It seemed like a swarm of 7 and 8's walking around was the norm. Every once in a while, you'd see an exceptionally pretty Korean girl. At the time, they were almost all thin. I don't remember seeing a young Korean woman who was actually fat.

I remember going out with some Korean students, who were college aged. One of them gave the girl the chopsticks at the grill and told her she should cook because she was a woman. She laughed demurely and warmly. She was a very pretty girl, too. I remember thinking an American girl would scowl at a man and act all offended over that.

Have Koreans adopted the politically correct attitude of offense over sexist comments? Is there a woman v. man, battle of the sexes vibe over there because of feminism?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

MrMan,

When were you in Korea? I think times changes but not as bad as the west . Not yet ...my theory is because if you been in Korea you notice how the education system is like over there and how the family is structure over there. What I mean is people are the product of their environment. Since the rise of the internet and the free exchange of ideas local Koreans told me that spoiled the kids because they learn bad stuff on the net ..and yes feminist radical ideas come from that too.

I have to add with a growing expat population in South korea in back handed way it does contribute to the rise of feminism. How so? Part of the reason why some Korean girls wants to date western men is the belief that they will be treated equally compared to a Korean guy supposedly. At the same time in the heavy expat areas there is more of this Americanization taking place..like It-tae-won or Yongson area for example. You notice more Korean girls acting up in those areas.

Places like Sinsa-dong /Apqe Jung , Gangnam ,Hong ik , Sinchon even Coex /Samseong area..pretty much where ever a bunch of young crowds hang out your going to see attractive k-girls. Even in places like it- tae won got better with the international restaurant has a little bit older crowd 30's age range but still some 20's age range..the girls there are OK looking too. Korean girls did get fatter since last I seen them but overall there are slimmer figures ...
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

chanta76 wrote:visit Korea...

From what I hear if a Korean women is divorcee most Korean guys don't go for her. Most Korean guys if they have the funds find a younger wife .
Well she was living here in the USA and a citizen when she divorced. There was no shortage of suitors, I've never seen a woman hit on so much, but I can trust her.

Your right being divorced in any Asian country is problematic but there is also a growing pool of them.

I think she is hot, but you can look at my new avatar and judge for yourself ;)
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

chanta76 wrote:I'm not sure how tall you are but I was surprise in how taller Korean men gotten mostly the younger generation. It's like generation gap..Korean men in the 40 and 50's are like 5'7 range and boom the guys in 20-30 range are 6 ft ranges and bigger looking. Same with Korean women they gotten taller and you do some thicker looking ones.
This is not just a Korean phenomenon. For example, the new generation of Thai people are much taller. Thirty years ago the King of Siam instituted free milk programs at schools. I think the same happened in Korea, and with increased dairy and protein consumption the newer generation of Asian are much taller.

The Korean girls here in the USA are for the most part fat/overweight with big chunky thighs and legs, and they all had plastic surgery making them look rather generic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Lorenzo,

Since your wife has been living here for some time . Is she americanize by chance?

In the west its the opposite where asian women have the advantage as choices and all the advantage that western women get.

I have to add your wife looks young for her age.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

chanta76 wrote:Lorenzo,

Since your wife has been living here for some time . Is she americanize by chance?
She is definitely a hybrid model now, but still very Korean.