Questions for Filipinas in online dating

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Questions for Filipinas in online dating

Post by mentor »

I think that this topic can have its usefulness.
When you try to better understand a girl, and see how she thinks, what kind of girl she is, etc,
then you have to ask her a lot of questions.
Asking questions it is not so simple as it may seems.
For example, it is better to set open-ended questions instead of of closed-ended one.
Or you may want to come back after some time, to ask almost the same thing but by using other phrases in order to double check something.
Of course, she maybe dishonest.
But if you give time, you are critical minded, and careful, I think that the real truth will be revealed, if she is genuine or if she is just lying.
Besides the common and usual questions, maybe experienced members can also contribute with their useful experience, posting really challenging and probing questions.
So let's see how we can enrich this questioning experience of filipinas.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Questions for Filipinas in online dating

Post by mentor »

Nobody has a specific plan with questions when approaching seriously a filipina?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Don't ask questions which you wouldn't like to answer yourself if asked.

Filipinos are not at all COMPLICATED. WE ARE from our programming. They are very simple.

Only 10% of Filipinas are scammers but they are more active online, so we think majority are scammers.

One needs to go to Philippines and talk with a girl directly to know how she is.

No pre planned questions will work. They are humans, they have variety of issues. Questions will only put them in a BOX and you will only ask question which YOU LIKE.

If you really want to ask questions. ASK OBJECTIVE questions Not Subjective besides asking questions are very primitive when we know of the presence of AI on earth which anyways screws you up once you deal your cards.

You need to find a Filipina who would help you reach your goals not what you like or expect aka be very clear on your expectations from a Filipina...contrary to what they tell you...Filipinas are very smart.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Interesting point of view starchild5.

But as we use written language in online dating, I guess it would be much better to ask questions that really make sense, though there are failures in honesty, or expectations/they can say what you like etc.

I believe that by talking, if you give time, you can understand a lot for the personality of a girl.
And questions are part of this procedure.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

mentor wrote:Interesting point of view starchild5.

But as we use written language in online dating, I guess it would be much better to ask questions that really make sense, though there are failures in honesty, or expectations/they can say what you like etc.

I believe that by talking, if you give time, you can understand a lot for the personality of a girl.
Suppose the good news is that most Filipinas love to talk! Another nice thing is that aside from many wanting to meet a foreign guy, most don't have a huge agenda nor do they have a gigantic checklist of things that she'll be seeking. I've always said that it's good to review Maslow's Hierarchy of needs that most studied in high school/and or college. I find it comes in handy when dealing with women from a different social strata than yours.

Filipinas will want assurance that if she continues on and builds a relationship with you, her basics will be satisfied. Can you put a roof over her head? Will she be safe? Will you treat her well? Can you provide a modest living for her? Will you agree to send back a monthly stipend to help her family? Will you show her love and not cheat on her? That really covers most of what she's seeking.

Compare and contrast this with our women who take the above sentence for granted, the western woman will be looking at the top of the pyramid ie self actualization etc. They are on an entirely different plane.

IMHO, this makes it very easy to talk to a Filipina. She's going to do 3/4 of the talking just telling you about what she does on a day to day basis. You then sprinkle 1/4 talking stuff in paragraph number 2.

Now granted, if you do bring her over and her basic needs are met, she'll evolve and focus on events higher on Maslow's triangle but that won't be for awhile. In the beginning, stick to the basics!
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Pete thanks once again for your useful advice.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:
mentor wrote:Interesting point of view starchild5.

Suppose the good news is that most Filipinas love to talk! Another nice thing is that aside from many wanting to meet a foreign guy, most don't have a huge agenda nor do they have a gigantic checklist of things that she'll be seeking. I've always said that it's good to review Maslow's Hierarchy of needs that most studied in high school/and or college. I find it comes in handy when dealing with women from a different social strata than yours.

Filipinas will want assurance that if she continues on and builds a relationship with you, her basics will be satisfied. Can you put a roof over her head? Will she be safe? Will you treat her well? Can you provide a modest living for her? Will you agree to send back a monthly stipend to help her family? Will you show her love and not cheat on her? That really covers most of what she's seeking.

Compare and contrast this with our women who take the above sentence for granted, the western woman will be looking at the top of the pyramid ie self actualization etc. They are on an entirely different plane.

IMHO, this makes it very easy to talk to a Filipina. She's going to do 3/4 of the talking just telling you about what she does on a day to day basis. You then sprinkle 1/4 talking stuff in paragraph number 2.

Now granted, if you do bring her over and her basic needs are met, she'll evolve and focus on events higher on Maslow's triangle but that won't be for awhile. In the beginning, stick to the basics!
What he said :)

In reality too many guys overthink this and try to interpret every word, based on their experiences with Western women. If you and she have fun conversations the relationship will progress.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

These girls don't want to feel like they are being interviewed....that is a turn off! Chemistry is critical. Go with the flow and see how you feel about a girl, then you can subtly introduce your questions. Of course in online dating there are several big questions that are fair to get out of the way early:

1. Has she ever been married before? Is there a legal divorce? Some Filipinas will mislead a man on this issue.
2. Does she have any children? Again, some Filipinas put "0" on their profile when they have them.

It's always a good idea to ask the girl what brings them to the online dating site? This can open up a very revealing conversation and you will be asked the same. Questions I get to later in the process:

- Have you ever met with a Western man from online or dated one in the past? (expect lies)
- How many prior boyfriends has she had? They will almost never admit to more than 2 ;) Does she always blame the other guys for the failed relationship - warning!!
- What is her motivation for a relationship? marriage, kids, family support, security, fun? You must get to the bottom of this question.

+1 on what Pete said
dragonsmack68
Freshman Poster

Post by dragonsmack68 »

All I can say is no matter what question you ask, don't give your input before they answer. For example, if want to know what her favorite color is..don't say...I have a question, my favorite color is green..what is yours? because most Filipinas want to be agreeable so most likely they will also say green even if it isn't her favorite color.