Drama for Money ( PH)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Drama for Money ( PH)

Post by ladislav »

Drama for Money
( Tag. Magdrama para Magkapera).
Scammers, and even not really scammers try and get money from you by getting in contact with you and describing very tragic situations. Sometimes, they are just wild exaggerations of existing events, but often, they are completely made up events.
"Sir John! We are in trouble!
Our house is getting flooded. All the food is wet and we have nothing to eat. It's terrible. My kids are crying. Please help! Only 1000 pesos! It will really help us. "
"Sir Steve, terrible news!
My daughter ran away and just sent me a message that she was going to sell her virginity to a Korean. I don't know what to do. I need to find her but the police station is far and I need the fare there and back and some money to file the report. Please help, $1200 pesos ONLY! "
"Sir Dave, OMG, terrible! My 11 year old son was accused of stealing a smartphone from our landlord. And now we're being kicked out on the street. We need to rent a new house immediately! There is one nearby and they want P 5500 for us to move in. Please help,Sir Dave! My son is sick, he may die if we sleep on the street."
Usually, kids are presented as a suffering party to wake up " compassion" in you and make you part with your money.
Stay calm and ask for as much proof as you can. Being a good, helpful person in many of such situations will result in monetary loss.
And once you help, you will see that more dramas will start happening to make you dish out even more cash as they are laughing all the way to the bank. Or not even a bank, just a nice restaurant with all their friends. Or a department store to do some shopping.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
AlexG
Freshman Poster

Re: Drama for Money ( PH)

Post by AlexG »

thanks, where do you find these women?