Philippines open again from Feb 10!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Philippines open again from Feb 10!

Post by Winston »

The rappler article above says you can get in if you're unvaccinated.

https://www.rappler.com/business/philip ... y-10-2022/

"Rules for unvaccinated

Filipinos and foreigners who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and whose status could not be independently validated need to take an RT-PCR test within 48 hours before departure.

They also need to go through facility-based quarantine for five days. After that, they need to undergo home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
February 1st, 2022, 4:42 am
The rappler article above says you can get in if you're unvaccinated.

https://www.rappler.com/business/philip ... y-10-2022/

"Rules for unvaccinated

Filipinos and foreigners who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and whose status could not be independently validated need to take an RT-PCR test within 48 hours before departure.

They also need to go through facility-based quarantine for five days. After that, they need to undergo home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival."
That's the same article on which I based my initial conclusion. Looking at other articles on the subjects, including those published on more official (+ government-backed) outlets, it does sound like entrance is only permitted to fully-vaccinated foreigners.

There is a lot left to be desired, in terms of coverage, though: will Europeans with a Green Pass with the "recovered" status be allowed even if they didn't get the full 3-dose schedule? Will foreigners who have a resident (spouse) visa, like me, be allowed back even if unvaccinated?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

2 Articles:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/c ... ingintheph

Scroll to "Advisory For Arriving Foreign Nationals"

https://guidetothephilippines.ph/articl ... l-covid-19
Starting February 16, 2022, unvaccinated and partially vaccinated foreign nationals will not be allowed entry into the country except for the following cases:

Children below 18 years old

People medically unable to receive the vaccine as certified by a public health authority from their country of origin

Foreign diplomats and their dependents/9(e) visa holders
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
February 8th, 2022, 10:28 pm
2 Articles:

Scroll to "Advisory For Arriving Foreign Nationals"

Starting February 16, 2022, unvaccinated and partially vaccinated foreign nationals will not be allowed entry into the country except for the following cases:

Children below 18 years old

People medically unable to receive the vaccine as certified by a public health authority from their country of origin

Foreign diplomats and their dependents/9(e) visa holders
I know it's just a special case but, on the sunny side, unvaccinated/partially vaccinated foreigners who have a resident visa (e.g. 13(a) spouse visa) will allowed in the country, with the usual quarantine period.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Last updated: February 7, 2022

full article link above
Philippines Travel Requirements: Open Destinations for Leisure Tourism and Restrictions

Philippines is open to fully vaccinated international tourists from non-visa required countries with negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours of departure from their country of origin starting February 10, 2022.
-----
Fully vaccinated foreign nationals of non-visa required countries

Negative RT-PCR test result taken within 48 hours prior to departure from the origin country

Outbound tickets to their origin country or next country of destination

A passport that is valid for at least 6 months at the time of arrival

Proof of their fully vaccinated status. The following are accepted:

An International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV) from the World Health Organization

A VaxCertPH digital vaccination certificate

A national/state digital certificate of the foreign government where they were vaccinated, which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement.
-----
Vaccines accepted in the Philippines
There are currently 8 COVID-19 vaccines which have Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Here is the list:

Pfizer-BioNTech
AstraZeneca
Sinovac-Coronavac
Sputnik V
Janssen
Covaxin
Moderna
Sinopharm
-----
Requirements for fully vaccinated travelers

Fully vaccinated inbound travelers, regardless of country of origin, will no longer be required to undergo facility-based quarantine provided they can present proof of their fully vaccinated status. They can present an International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV) from the World Health Organization, a VaxCertPH digital vaccination certificate from vaxcert.doh.gov.ph, or a national/state digital certificate of the foreign government where they were vaccinated, which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement.

They also need to present a negative RT-PCR test result taken within 48 hours prior to their departure from the country of origin.....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement from Philippines Embassy about who can enter now.

https://dfa.gov.ph/list-of-countries-fo ... 7_COPY_01)

Announcement from Swagman Newsletter from Angeles City:

https://mailchi.mp/2b95c2faa371/septemb ... d73f21b49f

REQUIREMENTS AND PROTOCOLS FOR ARRIVING FOREIGN LEISURE GUESTS

TOURISM SECRETARY Berna Romulo-Puyat issued a reminder to foreign tourists coming to the Philippines to prepare all requirements to ensure a seamless travel experience.

All arriving visitors must be able to present the following:

- Acceptable proof of vaccination

- Negative RT-PCR Test taken within forty-eight hours before the date and time of departure from the country of origin / first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs for their return journey

- Valid tickets for their return journey to the port of origin or next port of destination not later than thirty (30) days from date of arrival in the Philippines

- Passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months at the time of their arrival to the Philipiines

- Travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputed insurers, with a minimum coverage of USD 35,000 for the duration of their stay in the Philippines.

The Tourism chief reiterated that only fully vaccinated foreign visitors will be allowed entry to the country. Children below 12 years old will be exempted if they are traveling with fully vaccinated foreign parents.

In the case of unvaccinated foreign children below 12 years old that are travelling with their Filipino parent/s, they shall be allowed entry and shall be required to follow the entry, testing, and quarantine protocols that apply to their Filipino parent/s. Meanwhile, those between 12-17 years old must follow the protocols based on their vaccination status, and shall be accompanied by their parents during their facility-based quarantine.

Based on the resolution, an individual is deemed fully vaccinated if he or she received the second dose in a two-dose series or a single dose vaccine more than 14 days before the date and time of departure from the point of origin.

While foreign visitors will not be required to undergo facility-based quarantine, they should continue self-monitoring and report to the local government unit of their destination should they exhibit any of the symptoms of the virus.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why do they need travel insurance? How do you get it? If you need to go to a hospital, it's not that expensive in the Philippines to go see a doctor. No need for insurance. A hospital room stay only costs 1000p a night at Angeles Medical Center. It doesn't make sense. Why the hassle? Besides, most people who get Covid don't need to go to a hospital.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
February 18th, 2022, 9:42 pm

- Negative RT-PCR Test taken within forty-eight hours before the date and time of departure from the country of origin / first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs for their return journey
- Travel insurance for COVID-19 treatment costs from reputed insurers, with a minimum coverage of USD 35,000 for the duration of their stay in the Philippines.
Why do they need travel insurance? How do you get it? If you need to go to a hospital, it's not that expensive in the Philippines to go see a doctor. No need for insurance. A hospital room stay only costs 1000p a night at Angeles Medical Center. It doesn't make sense. Why the hassle? Besides, most people who get Covid don't need to go to a hospital.
About the same requirements as for Thailand.

Insurance - it's a business for local insurance agents...
For Thailand you get it online, internet/creditcard

The major expense for me is the RT-PCR Test before departure with international medical certificate, and this is around USD 350,- in Japan.

----

If you have money, just paid and go.

If you do not want to spend money, stay at home and wait it out.
No other solution, I guess..

About vaccination required, this is of course a major travel restriction for anti-vaxx people. No way to go abroad or to pay for costly quarantine.
As I am vaccinated 2x and soon will get my 3rd shot, no problem for me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Reply to me from the Editor of the Swagman Newsletter:

"Hi,

Lot of things don't make sense here.

You need $US35,000 coverage for your stay here from an accredited insurer, probably best to check with the airline you are booking with. I see rates vary between $180 to $210 added to your ticket, there maybe better deals but its the approved insurer that could be the problem.

It's always the same up here, always knee jerk reaction and the more paperwork and regulation the better.

Thanks for the email, keep in touch.

Swaggy"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm confused. Does this mean that unvaccinated travelers can go to the Philippines now? See below.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u ... uirements/
Event:  As of February 10, the Philippines will grant entry to fully vaccinated visitors from countries that are permitted visa-free travel, including the United States. Fully vaccinated travelers will no longer be subject to facility-based quarantine upon arrival. Travelers must present negative RT-PCR results from a test taken within 48 hours of departure from their country of origin and must self-monitor for symptoms for seven days after arrival, reporting to local government authorities if they begin to exhibit COVID-19 symptoms. The Philippines recognizes the U.S. Centers for Disease Control Vaccination Card as proof of vaccination status.

As of February 1, 2022, returning Filipinos and residents who are fully vaccinated will no longer have to quarantine, subject to the same RT-PCR testing requirements as noted above.

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers will be subject to quarantine in a government facility until the release of a negative RT-PCR test taken on the fifth day, followed by home quarantine until the 14th day.

Children below the age of 18 are exempt from the vaccination requirements.

The Philippines will also retire the “red, yellow, green” country lists that previously set different entry restrictions based on country-of-origin risk level.
https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2 ... 2-027.html
Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, or individuals whose vaccination status cannot be independently validated will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to departure from the country of origin. Additionally, they will be required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of their negative RT-PCR test taken on the fifth (5th) day; after which, they will be required to undergo home quarantine until their fourteenth (14th) day, with the date of arrival being the first day.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does this mean that the unvaccinated can now enter the Philippines? How come every airline says something different? How would they enforce a home quarantine? What do you think @publicduende?

https://www.cebupacificair.com/pages/tr ... quirements

"Unvaccinated, Partially Vaccinated, or Individuals whose Vaccination Status cannot be independently validated:

Negative RT-PCR test result, taken within 48 hours before departure or a negative Antigen test (remotely supervised or laboratory-based), taken within 24 hours before departure.
Facility-based quarantine until the release of a negative RT-PCR test result, taken on the 5th day from arrival
Home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival"

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
July 25th, 2022, 8:22 am
Does this mean that the unvaccinated can now enter the Philippines? How come every airline says something different? How would they enforce a home quarantine? What do you think @publicduende?

https://www.cebupacificair.com/pages/tr ... quirements

"Unvaccinated, Partially Vaccinated, or Individuals whose Vaccination Status cannot be independently validated:

Negative RT-PCR test result, taken within 48 hours before departure or a negative Antigen test (remotely supervised or laboratory-based), taken within 24 hours before departure.
Facility-based quarantine until the release of a negative RT-PCR test result, taken on the 5th day from arrival
Home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival"
@Winston This shit is confusing. Check this link but it's for US citizens traveling to Philippines: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-i ... m-the-u-s/
Unvaccinated travelers must be quarantined in a government facility until they receive a negative RT-PCR test on the fifth day. Then, they must go into a home quarantine until the 14th day.
But last I checked the US embassy site says unvaccinated can't get in. Not sure if that has changed now.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Don't really care, The Philippines is a crappy country. If I was going to inject myself just to visit another country, I'd rather do it for a nation worth sacrificing myself for. Unfortunately, none of them are worth that. Especially not a country where every single one of them got vaccinated just because Darute the asshole threaten them too. That alone says a lot about a nation if the entire population goes out and do it and nobody at all resisted. And I'm suppose to commit suicide for them? :roll: Nigga please -Says it like Shonuff-
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@publicduende

Since you are good at finding info on immigration, can you get to the bottom of the Philippines entry requirements above? Is a vaccine required or not? And why does every airline say something different? Can you check the official PH immigration website or FB page?

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
July 27th, 2022, 4:03 am
@publicduende

Since you are good at finding info on immigration, can you get to the bottom of the Philippines entry requirements above? Is a vaccine required or not? And why does every airline say something different? Can you check the official PH immigration website or FB page?
I think a fairly up-to-date page is the one by Philippine Airlines. According to them, unvaccinated foreigners are not allowed to enter the Philippines.

Every single section of the table states, as the final paragraph:
Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those whose vaccination status cannot be verified are not Allowed to travel to the Philippines.