Anyone live with a Filipina woman with a rooster crowing all the time?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Anyone live with a Filipina woman with a rooster crowing all the time?

Post by MatureDJ »

I was reading that a lot of customer service reps in places like Costa Rica & The Philippines live in rural places where there are roosters crowing in the background. I myself just had such a call. :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Gali
Junior Poster

Re: Anyone live with a Filipina woman with a rooster crowing all the time?

Post by Gali »

MatureDJ wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 3:05 pm
I was reading that a lot of customer service reps in places like Costa Rica & The Philippines live in rural places where there are roosters crowing in the background. I myself just had such a call. :D
Yes it is even the case in cities
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Gali wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 9:12 pm
Yes it is even the case in cities
True.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Hahaha. I lived in a subdivision with small yards, houses build next to each other in a town outside of Jakarta. The development followed the same pattern as a development in California, except I suspect they didn't build California homes out of messy brick masonry that was stucco'ed over with paint on it.

But about 4:30 AM, a rooster would start crowing. One of the neighbors had a rooster, as a pet, I suppose. It was pretty bad, and if I wanted the windows open on a cool night, I had to have a fan that rattled. I've taken the seal thing off of oscillating fans and attached them with materials like those covered metal wraps you use to tie bread bags in the US to hold them together so they'd rattle and make some noise. I had to drown out the noise of children playing at 5:30 AM on Saturday in South Korea and roosters in Indonesia.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Even worse than roosters, is the symphony of barking from the neighbourhood dogs. My first rented home in Davao was a bungalow-style in an OK open subdivision, the less genteel kind with no fencing and private security.

One of my next door neighbour must have been a sadist bastard because, come 11 or midnight, he would start beating up his dog, or dogs. You would have at least a couple of hours of one or two dogs barking in pain an undetermined number of dogs barking and howling in sympathy. It was pathetic because other neighbours probably knew the f*cker and never did anything to stop him. This carried on for months. Then no more.

To be fair, though, I was very lucky to live in Davao, a city with a blanket "no loud outdoor karaoke at night" policy. One of the few things why Dabawenyos love Sara Durerte for, and might end up electing the no-good son of a dictator in power, as collateral damage.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Go to your local hardware store and buy some earplugs and put them in your ears when sleeping. Also, before you use them clean your ears out using cotton.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
kuripot
Freshman Poster

Post by kuripot »

Know of someone doing CS for a US bank. I don't know what the Muricans on the other line think when there's roosters, loud motorbikes and yelling in the background.