Filipino Freedoms on FB

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Filipino Freedoms on FB

Post by ladislav »

We normally know that according to the FB policy:

Accounts with false names and other information are not allowed. Also, no account with just one first name is not allowed.
More than two accounts are not allowed unless it is a business account linked to your personal account.
Accounts get disabled for violations and are given 30 days to submit a counter argument.

FB bans accounts right and left because of this or that violation. However,apparently, FB exercises very limited control over Filipinos and what they do on FB.

Some have up to four accounts or more with a variety of names and spellings. They usually use SIM cards to sign up as Filipinos do not as a rule like email, and then, often use nicknames or Korean or Japanese names. Sometimes, the name has just one word. They frequently put false birth dates and then, sometimes, even put pictures of their infants, dogs and cats, etc. in the profile.

And you can usually see all those accounts still hanging there, and FB does little to nothing to disable them, ban them, etc. Apparently, they let Filipinos enjoy all the personal freedoms of creative expression they want while going hard on other nationalities, especially Americans. Its staff apparently watches Americans like hawks. One wrong word, or trying to sign up with anything other than your legal name or having a pseudonym account is persecuted. You can get banned permanently.

But almost never if you are a Filipino. My Filipino friends have told me that some of their accounts have been hacked into. But I asked them if they get banned by FB and they said ' No'.

This seemingly led to a whole industry, which is the sale of Filipino FB accounts. You can Google Filipino FB accounts for sale.

Also, if you are a foreigner in the PH, you can sign up with your Filipino SIM card and a name such as Rico Perez, and voila! You have an almost bullet proof account which you can now use.

Amazing!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!