Con( wo) men.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Con( wo) men.

Post by ladislav »

Con( wo) men.

For small amounts ( a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand php) the scammers ask for money very quickly after they know you. The load, the bus ticket, work clearances, maybe a utility bill. After just a couple of dates, the requests start pouring in.

For bigger amounts, they play the long -haul con game, and it can last months. They are just like sharks circling you or a leopard lying patiently in wait.

They are worming themselves into your confidence.

SBD. They smile, and say nothing and smile again. They look at you. Then, they turn away and look at you and smile.
They are planning and waiting for the moment. Patiently.

It is also a bad sign when they invite you to dinner, and pay for it. They are smiling and saying nothing again.

And then, months later, they go in for the kill.

"Oh, I was wondering if you could loan me P 30,000 ( 50,000-100,000)". I want to start a business ( or there is some other pretext).
If you do not " loan" it to them, now you are a bad and selfish, stingy Amerikano. You have no heart, no pity.

If you do loan it, you will either see the person disappear, or become busy and unreachable, or them going for even higher amounts after some bs story. " Oh, you know what happened? I was robbed! The money is gone! Can you please re-loan it to me? "

They are on the roll.

If you try to collect, now you are the bad guy bothering people." I will pay you next week! Don't you trust me? " Next week becomes next week, then they become unavailable, or you see them, and the person starts looking at you like you are the enemy. ''You heartless, soulless Amerikano! Can't you see how poor I am and how hard my life is? I will pay you as soon as I can. Quit bugging me! You are such a pest!"

These things do not just happen between a porener BF and a local " GF", but between locals, and between just "porener" and a local friend.

I can think of two instances whereby two foreign ladies, one Japanese and one ( I think) Spanish were , after as long as months to possibly even a year, asked for a loan of some P 100,000 by a good "friend".

The " friends" then disappeared. Both ladies were very, very upset and complained, and Filipinos and others expressed a great deal of compassion for them.

Woe is to you, though if you are a man, and you got stiffed by a lady ( or another man). It is all your fault. You are the du*ba##.

Be afraid. Be very afraid of the silent, smiling faces.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Re: Con( wo) men.

Post by Jackfruits »

Has this recently been happening to you @ladislav ? Being long term scammed by women?

How big of a % of men going to PH end up in this endless death spiral of being lied for?

I'm especially wary of any girl saying the following: "age is just a number, money is not important, need allowance, family problems, daddy lost job, or any money in whatever way" I just delete and block when it happens.

But realized most crap is with online dating. I think in one or another way most foreigners who use online dating are being leeched for money
anabolic
Freshman Poster

Post by anabolic »

All. There are no exceptions, wake up.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

I think most men, especially older crowd will fall into that category. With online dating I noticed so many girls expect an allowance, or say to help her parents not have to work anymore etc. So I guess lots of men do this ATM behaviour.

Next trip I will just use "game" instead of online dating. And see if it's any better. I do hope so that my game will improve.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

What exactly should be the financial arrangement? Is there a standard?
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

One YouTuber said most of his followers are men between 50-70yo so guess thus all men who idolize filipinas as unicorn good women. Where in the world can a 60yo overweight man who makes minimum wage in USA And looks like total shit get a 18-30yo skinny woman???? So all relationships are transactional in nature? All those love stories of old men with teenage (18-19yo) girls are thus all without mentioning the financial side? They all say b.s. that she wasn't interested in money, just for love and age is just a number b.s.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”