Yeonmi Park: N. Korean Pleasure Squad Girls! Wow!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Pleasure Squad Girls in North Korea! Wow!

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 11:18 am
At least these girls will make good wives, unlike spoiled western women and NE asian women.
That's a lot of the world's women. :lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Pleasure Squad Girls in North Korea! Wow!

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 1:03 pm
Another email I'm sending to Yeonmi. Her public email is under her videos.

"Yeomi, what about the lack of practical everyday freedoms in America that you have in Asia? I mean everyday practical freedoms that matter, not abstract political freedoms that are mostly USELESS, like America boasts about. For example, in America you do NOT have freedom from 1) high cost of living, such as high cost of rent and housing, 2) high inflation,
That's not really 'freedom', IMO, but you have figured out a way to spin it as such. Those are economic structural issues. Jakarta is in the tropics, so having an open vent over a door is no big deal. I notice there are lower end houses that are cheaper in Indonesia that probably wouldn't be legal in the US due to government standards.... or kids would be taken by social services. That should be on your list.

A lot of developing countries, including in Asia, have masses making pitiful wages. It is possible to live on them, but if you get a decent job in the US, you can end up better off. That would mean getting a trade, either through college, some kind of construction work, etc. Minimum wage in Jakarta is less than $300 if I am not mistaken. Maybe closer to $200, and college grads don't do that much better there. South Korea or Japan would be way different.
3) expensive hospital bills,
The medical system in the US is way expensive. I was trying to find out how much a doctor's visit would cost so I could figure out whether to get the high payment or high deductable plan in the US. I kept calling branches of my doctor and I couldn't get a straight answer on how much a visit costs. Finally one person estimated between $150 and $200. But they can't tell you how much it is going to cost until afterward. That's just crazy. The messed up insurance system where people do not pay directly enables this. And since the government props that up, they need to mandate a menu you see before you pay for medical services.

If I'm in the hospital, I can by my own off-brand Tylenol from the Dollar Tree. I don't need one $8 brand name pill from the hospital.

Is that 'freedom'? It's a messed up system. Since the government interfered to mess it up with all the insurance legislation, they may need to interfere to straighten it out.
4) needing a car to get around rather than using public transportation,
Freedom? I'd say lack of infrastructure combined with geography. The US is massive. European countries are tightly packed. Much of the population is tightly packed into China. So is South Korea. But many of these countries used to have good transportation to get around. Indonesia used to. I'd argue the buses probably aren't as good as 20 years ago, though the air is cleaner because of the lack of black fumes.
5) freedom from having to leave big tips in restaurants,
Freedom from having to do superfluous math? We should just realize it costs up to 20% more to eat out.
6) freedom from having to say you're doing great when someone asks "how are you"
You have that freedom. You can even tell them about your aches and pains. Then they may stop asking you. My mom does that to telemarketing scammers when they call. They ask how she is, so she'll go on and on about back aches or whatever.
7) freedom from being mugged in bad neighborhoods at night, whereas the streets in Asia are 100 percent safe 24/7 as you know, etc etc.
All Asian cities free from robbers and pick pockets at night? Really? There are plenty of small US towns that are safer than certain Asian cities.

There are good things about the US, like being in a developed city with a mall that isn't hypercrowded, some place with 200,000 with decent restaurants and shopping. In some countries, there would be minimal services, minimal restaurants, etc. Development is kind of level across the US. The air is cleaner in much of the US than other places. Gas is reasonably cheap. Shopping is easy, too, if you have a car.

It is really rough if you don't have a car though, unless you are in a very urban area that has decent public transportation.

If you are really poor in the US, you can get free medical care and food. Food, but no toilet paper for you... food only. :) I think they have up to five years cash welfare and then it expires except for single mothers and special cases. So there is a 'safety net' in the US that doesn't exist. A lot of people on food stamps have a TV and a microwave oven... and electricity, unlike the poorest people in some other countries.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Pleasure Squad Girls in North Korea & Yeonmi Park! Wow!

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 4:28 pm
Yeonmi Park - just another grifting, right wing cunt - and I don't know if she would be into you Winston - she has gone Asian American real quick - she married a white man and had a baby with him and as far as I know divorced and dating another one.
Yeonmi Park is merely an attention seeker, exaggerating stories about North Korea and getting paid for that after she was able as a child (together with her mother) to escape this strange country.

------

About North Korean women in general, there is no way to meet and date them in North Korea as a foreigner, you are allowed to visit this country, but you will be kept away from communicating with local people and be watched all the time.

The only way to meet North Korean people face to face and to talk with them personally is outside of North Korea - there are North Korean communities here in Japan, but of course also in South Korea, China, Russia, even in former East Germany....

North Koreans are not living only in North Korea, and about women from the North, they are not considered to be good dating material even in South Korea.
South Korean marriage introduction companies openly admit, there is hardly any difference in their behavior and demands compared to South Korean women, just choosy and expecting too much...

Generally said, also the experience here in Japan, most North Koreans overseas are just acting like 'normal people' except when it is about politics - and because of that they often create problems, not really fitting fully into Western society.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 7:31 pm
yick wrote:
Yeonmi Park - just another grifting, right wing cunt - and I don't know if she would be into you Winston - she has gone Asian American real quick - she married a white man and had a baby with him and as far as I know divorced and dating another one.
@yick
Yeonmi Park is merely an attention seeker, exaggerating stories about North Korea and getting paid for that after she was able as a child (together with her mother) to escape this strange country.
I don't know if she researched this pleasure squad stuff well. But I read she left when she was 13. (So @Winston, maybe she was too young for the pleasure squad recruiters to see her, since she'd just barely reached the theoretical age. :) ) If she was that young, why would she be more of an expert about Pleasure Squad girls than anyone else who had watched interviews about it... just because she is from North Korea. I suspect that regular people do not go around talking about it much to middle school aged children.
------
North Koreans are not living only in North Korea, and about women from the North, they are not considered to be good dating material even in South Korea.
South Korean marriage introduction companies openly admit, there is hardly any difference in their behavior and demands compared to South Korean women, just choosy and expecting too much...
If they are right out of North Korea, getting to eat lots of rice and daily consumption of meat would probably seem good to them unless they are a part of the elite. Maybe the famines are exaggerated, though, and it's a rare thing. The country isn't lit up on satellite so electricity might be a big deal to a lot of them. I would imagine economically they might not be as picky at first. But a lifetime of North Korean indoctrination would probably give a lot of them weird ideas.
Generally said, also the experience here in Japan, most North Koreans overseas are just acting like 'normal people' except when it is about politics - and because of that they often create problems, not really fitting fully into Western society.
What are they like about politics? Do defectors tend to be very much against the North Korean regime? Do they blame the US, Russia, or China for dividing their country, (like some S. Koreans do, though possibly partly due to N. K. propaganda.) Do they hold a grudge against Japan for past conquest and domination of their country, like many South Koreans did when I lived there nearly 30 years ago?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 3:54 am
What are they like about politics? Do defectors tend to be very much against the North Korean regime? Do they blame the US, Russia, or China for dividing their country, (like some S. Koreans do, though possibly partly due to N. K. propaganda.) Do they hold a grudge against Japan for past conquest and domination of their country, like many South Koreans did when I lived there nearly 30 years ago?
I think it makes a lot of sense if you listen to some interviews of defectors, for example
This might answer most of your questions...

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 3:54 am
Recently South Korean politics towards Japan are strongly changing with this new South Korean government ...
We will see how it will develop.
------

Koreans visiting Japan are surely not hateful anti-Japanese people and the same is true with about 1 million Koreans living in Japan either on special long-term visa or already holding Japanese citizenship.

Japanese and Koreans are looking very similar and you cannot know who is who until you hear them speaking either Korean to each other, or in Japanese with a somehow typical accent....

------

https://asianews.network/over-3-million ... a%20Monday.
August 1, 2023

SEOUL – The number of South Korean tourists to Japan surpassed 3 million in the first half of this year, recovering to pre-pandemic levels. The number of Japanese people visiting South Korea, however, has rebounded at a much slower pace to reach some 860,000, according to government data Monday.

The yen’s prolonged weakness and Japan’s well-established tourism infrastructure and diverse tourist destinations made the difference, industry sources explained.

According to data compiled by the Korea Tourism Organization and the Japan Tourism Agency, the number of South Korean people who visited Japan in the first six months of the year reached 3.1 million, around 3.6 times higher than the number of Japanese visitors to Korea at 862,000 during the same period.

The number of Korean tourists to Japan in the first half came to 81 percent of the figure during the first half of 2019, 3.9 million, before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Koreans also accounted for 29.2 percent of the total number of foreign visitors to Japan, according to the data.

However, the number of Japanese people who came to Korea remained at 862,000, about 52.1 percent of the pre-pandemic level of 1.6 million.

Of the total foreign visitors, the number of Japanese tourists visiting Korea ranked at the top, but their proportion was at 19.5 percent.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

yick wrote:
It's funny how South Koreans are pretty much dying out as a species and North Koreans, all the barbarity of the Kim Dynasty nothwithstanding, are being kept alive by their shitty system. Like sure Yeonmi Park had her reasons to flee, no doubt, but in 100 years if nothing changes, there will hardly be any South Koreans left standing and quite a few North Koreans.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 11:49 pm
It's funny how South Koreans are pretty much dying out as a species and North Koreans, all the barbarity of the Kim Dynasty nothwithstanding, are being kept alive by their shitty system. Like sure Yeonmi Park had her reasons to flee, no doubt, but in 100 years if nothing changes, there will hardly be any South Koreans left standing and quite a few North Koreans.
Not sure what you mean with this comment.

There are about 52 million South Koreans, and only about 26 million North Koreans.

Here in Japan too, the number of North Koreans is strongly declining, but the number of South Koreans living here is the no. 2 of foreigners in Japan.

In Japan there is still a North Korean community existing however, with North Korean schools operating for them, following the educational program of North Korea.

I consider this video as a fair report about them...

and this one is also a nice interview, to understand what these North Koreans in Japan are feeling about themselves and their history....
(in Japanese, but with very good translated subtitles)
These North Koreans, living in Japan, are often so fluent in Japanese, like a native speaker and if you see them you cannot see a difference between them and Japanese people.

As I said before, these North Korean teachers and students are just normal people - except for politics...

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Yeonmi Park: N. Korean Pleasure Squad Girls! Wow!

Post by Winston »

So basically, Yeonmi Park's message SELLS to Americans because Americans love hearing about how people abroad are WORSE off than they are, to console themselves that their suffering isn't as bad as that of others abroad, right? But how come when I say the opposite and how people abroad are BETTER off than Americans, my message doesn't sell as well? lol. Funny. Go figure. Everything is so one sided nowadays.

Why is she more famous than other N. Korean defectors? That seems suspicious. And how did she get out if the borders are closed and controlled by the military?

Why does she think America is a free country? Free to do what? To be a diva? She probably loves America because she's treated like a goddess there. However, not all foreign women love America. Some feel like a fish out of water there too, like we do. I wonder if N. Korean men think America is free and love it there too. I doubt it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Yeonmi Park: N. Korean Pleasure Squad Girls! Wow!

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
October 4th, 2023, 5:28 am
So basically, Yeonmi Park's message SELLS to Americans because Americans love hearing about how people abroad are WORSE off than they are, to console themselves that their suffering isn't as bad as that of others abroad, right? But how come when I say the opposite and how people abroad are BETTER off than Americans, my message doesn't sell as well? lol. Funny. Go figure. Everything is so one sided nowadays.
If you focused on how bad foreign wives had it before they married western men, maybe that would get more attention. Some of it might be from radical feminists who say you are taking advantage, but attention none-the-less.
Why is she more famous than other N. Korean defectors? That seems suspicious. And how did she get out if the borders are closed and controlled by the military?
I'm thinking of a pretty white brunette that makes videos about a bunch of nonsense that get lots of hits. Nowadays, the editing and the production value of the videos are high. But she goes on about a bunch of nonsense. She's pretty, so men will probably click on her just to watch her talk. I can't even remember what her videos are about--- maybe other YouTubers, food makeup. She pops up on the feed. I saw a pretty girl with an odd eye-catching thumbnail and clicked.

If men see videos of Yeonmi Park, a striking exotic-looking Asian woman who is also quite articulate, and she's talking about a serious topic like life in North Korea and escape from that country, why wouldn't she amass a lot of views and be able to leverage that into book sales, speaking engagements, etc.? Thinking NK is a backwards oppressive country does not divide the US, either, so her message has an appeal to followers of both major political parties. She might have had some help with marketing herself or studied up on it, but as far as the 'raw materials' she had to work with-- pretty, fascinating story, interesting to listen to, a message that doesn't step on too many toes of her target market in America.... I don't find this suspicious.
\