The real reality with filipino women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mrgaijin123
Freshman Poster

The real reality with filipino women

Post by mrgaijin123 »

firstly i would like to say that i DONTwant any replies from keyboard jockeys, armchair seductors, or anyone who hasn't actually been to the philippines.

It seems a lot of people here extrapolate that because filipino women respond readily on online dating sites then they must be "easy" to "meet" and get to know if you know what i mean. Keyboard jockeys automatically assume that because filipino women so easily respond on dating sites that theyre eager and willing to meet them. This is especially true since most other type of women dont even respond on dating sites.

I actually went to the philippines and from my experience this is all bs. The actual reason these filipino women actually respond readily is because they're looking to scam guys as much as possible. these women have no actual intention of meeting you in person, they just want to run the "fare scam" or whichever one of the other ones they can on you. In fact the only thing theyre looking for is a online sugar daddy.

I talked to filipinas on the street of philippines and all they did is run away scared. I tried to get the ones from dating sites to meet me and they gave me the "i dont know you."

I would like the opinion of people who have ACTUALLY GONE to the philippines as to whether my assessment is correct or not.

Also keyboard jockeys and internet imaginators would be wise to silence themselves and stop posting their imaginations and extrapolations which are only disinformation that makes people buy a ticket and waste their time in philippines.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: the real reality with filipino women

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mrgaijin123 wrote:
November 21st, 2023, 3:57 pm
I talked to filipinas on the street of philippines and all they did is run away scared. I tried to get the ones from dating sites to meet me and they gave me the "i dont know you."
You must be a hideous man. :lol:

And no, not a "keyboard warrior" here, lived in the Philippines for years and my latest girlfriend there was model-level. You ugly, son.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

mrgaijin123 wrote:
firstly i would like to say that i DONTwant any replies from keyboard jockeys, armchair seductors, or anyone who hasn't actually been to the philippines.

It seems a lot of people here extrapolate that because filipino women respond readily on online dating sites then they must be "easy" to "meet" and get to know if you know what i mean. Keyboard jockeys automatically assume that because filipino women so easily respond on dating sites that theyre eager and willing to meet them. This is especially true since most other type of women dont even respond on dating sites.

I actually went to the philippines and from my experience this is all bs. The actual reason these filipino women actually respond readily is because they're looking to scam guys as much as possible. these women have no actual intention of meeting you in person, they just want to run the "fare scam" or whichever one of the other ones they can on you. In fact the only thing theyre looking for is a online sugar daddy.

I would like the opinion of people who have ACTUALLY GONE to the philippines as to whether my assessment is correct or not.

Also keyboard jockeys and internet imaginators would be wise to silence themselves and stop posting their imaginations and extrapolations which are only disinformation that makes people buy a ticket and waste their time in philippines.
Talk to cashier girls. They can not run away. lol.

I heard the story of a guy who came for vacation saw a nice cashier girl in the supermarket and invited her to a vacation. It worked.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

None of you were very helpful in answering his question.
I wish I could meet someone in the states at least...But that shits never happening. A lot of low valued women here
that think they are high value only because they get a lot of attention thrown at them.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I have never been to the Philippines but have been all over the world. from my vantage point - what I would want to know is your age, your target demographic of woman and how long were you there for?

The longer you are somewhere, the easier it is going to be to meet someone, and Galli made a good suggestion there, there are loads of young girls working service jobs who have to smile and speak to you - if you become a fixture then one of them will take a shine to you but the same rules apply - if you dress well, wash, be in shape and look reasonable then someone will like you - that's not me being an armchair expert because that has how it has worked everywhere else - from Latin America to Russia to China - wherever I have been there have been women who have liked me in all those places despite the fact they were from differing countries and cultures and were distinct in skin tone and appearance and even in Saudi Arabia - women covered head to toe in black would say hello and giggle to me when I was in the mall having a coffee.

If you want someone really nice long term in the Philippines, I am sure if you spent a few months there you would find someone you would like but if you were there for a week or two - I just don't see how you can?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

mrgaijin123 wrote:

I have been living in the Philippines for 8 consecutive years and I had been here a few times before that. I can tell you your observations are not totally wrong, but they're probably tainted by your own, personal experience.

Some people, I would guess fewer and fewer, have some luck finding a "good girl" on a dating site. Everybody knows, though, that the quality of women found on dating sites - and this is applicable to sites in any country and catering any audience - deteriorates year by year, simply because society deteriorates and good women are increasingly hard fare to scout, let alone woo and enter a relationship with.

You probably found one or two scammers on a dating site, then you flew all the way here to meet them and promptly realised that they are, indeed, scammer. A juvenile mistake lots of people make, so common it's not even mildly funny anymore.

Talking to random girl on the street, maybe following the advice of some of those PUA bullcrappers, is a big no no in a country where public spaces are supposed to be devoid of any personal or intimate contact. There are lots of designated places where you can easily start a conversation with a girl, for instance restaurants, bars and nighlife places. Filipinas are naturally extroverted and flirtatious: if they are single and they like you even just a little bit, they will let you know!

No idea how you look like, but a more relaxed attitude and lowering the expectation bar would help.
Jamessmith0901
Freshman Poster

Post by Jamessmith0901 »

It's true that not everyone you meet online or on the street represents the entire population. People's intentions can vary, so it's important to be cautious. Don't let one experience shape your perception entirely.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am from Europe, but living in Japan since more than 40 years and have worked with Filipino staff, visited the Philippines many times, also took care of a Filipina fosterdaughter for many years, she is now 28 years old.
I have been in Philippines last time this year for about 2 weeks...and I have very frequent contact to my foster daughter and her family members, now married living in Cebu.

I also have regular contact since more than 30 years with a former Filipino co-worker, who is living with his wife in Tokyo.
He has also a condo-unit in Manila.
I cannot confirm your experiences, not at all...
It's not difficult to talk to people in the Philippines.

Some more details about you and how long and where you have been in Philippines would be useful.
From which country are you?
What do you expect from Philippines? What is your intention?
m0b0
Freshman Poster

Post by m0b0 »

Your assessment on the Philippines is accurate, I have interacted with various expats over there, and their infield reports have a lexical parallel, "Filipinas are just as bad as their western counterparts."
Most people shy away from no-nonsense reports and will discount all the proof in the world because they prefer to believe the comfortable lies.
Usually if something is too good to be true then it is too good to be true.
In fact the only thing theyre looking for is a online sugar daddy.
Pff the idea of putting up with the BS of a 5ft subhuman who expects something for nothing is revulsive.
Do not expect confirmations or sympathy on the internet, anything on a public forum must be taken with a grain of salt.
There are HA posters who have been to the Philippines but notice how quickly they dismiss your assessment even though they know the reality..
Last edited by m0b0 on November 25th, 2023, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Jamessmith0901 wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 6:54 pm
It's true that not everyone you meet online or on the street represents the entire population. People's intentions can vary, so it's important to be cautious. Don't let one experience shape your perception entirely.
I'm wondering if behind your handle is the Bing AI chatbot. :)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
November 22nd, 2023, 10:51 pm
mrgaijin123 wrote:

Do Filipina cashiers ask for your number like they do in the US?

I was at a store and the woman asked for my number while I was buying something and I said, "I'm already married." She laughed and said she hadn't heard that one before. But I suppose a male cashier could ask for a phone number if it wasn't part of the order and get numbers that way (from potentially uninterested girls) or if a cashier asks for your number when you buying something if you are single, you can say, "I'll give me mine if you give me yours."
I heard the story of a guy who came for vacation saw a nice cashier girl in the supermarket and invited her to a vacation. It worked.
If there is no one in line, you could strike up a conversation.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

mrgaijin123 wrote:
Marcos suggested it was an issue with your looks. We have no clue what you look like. But are a bit socially awkward and abrupt?

If you approach a girl in a friendly manner, ask her for directions, and strike up a conversation, and you are smooth about it, maybe it could go somewhere. Maybe you could ask her directions for a restaurant, then say you may need more help getting there. If she will walk you there, you will buy her dinner.

A lot of people become friendly and helpful if you ask them for help.

You might not want to by dinner for married or engaged women especially, or for women who have boyfriends, so you could ask her about her boyfriend first. If she's a nice girl, she might tell you when you ask her for dinner.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MrMan wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 9:25 am
galii wrote:
November 22nd, 2023, 10:51 pm
mrgaijin123 wrote:

Do Filipina cashiers ask for your number like they do in the US?

I was at a store and the woman asked for my number while I was buying something and I said, "I'm already married." She laughed and said she hadn't heard that one before. But I suppose a male cashier could ask for a phone number if it wasn't part of the order and get numbers that way (from potentially uninterested girls) or if a cashier asks for your number when you buying something if you are single, you can say, "I'll give me mine if you give me yours."
If there is no one in line, you could strike up a conversation.
No they never asked me for my number probably because I did not give the vibes. I was not too much interested in 'goood girls' at that time.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MrMan wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 9:28 am
Marcos suggested it was an issue with your looks. We have no clue what you look like. But are a bit socially awkward and abrupt?

If you approach a girl in a friendly manner, ask her for directions, and strike up a conversation, and you are smooth about it, maybe it could go somewhere. Maybe you could ask her directions for a restaurant, then say you may need more help getting there. If she will walk you there, you will buy her dinner.

A lot of people become friendly and helpful if you ask them for help.

You might not want to by dinner for married or engaged women especially, or for women who have boyfriends, so you could ask her about her boyfriend first. If she's a nice girl, she might tell you when you ask her for dinner.
I don't think it's a matter of looks. One thing that just came to mind...there are several definition of a "street", in the Philippines.

There are the large, modern streets in urban Manila, those with traffic lighs, overpasses and the occasional underpass. Like in London or LA, those are meant as quick way so busy people may move from A to B. Like anywhere in the world, those people, whether they're girls or man, are usually not interested in being disrupted by strangers asking them personal questions. Of course the stranger might be a Chris Hemsworth clone and things might be different...but, sticking to the base case, let's say no.

If you then venture in the pulsating heart of a barangay or a urban community, or those makeshift roads in a rural village, those "streets" are basically ane extension of people's homes. I have recently opened up a woodworking shop in a pretty "working class" area of Pasig and, every time I go there, I am fascinated by how vibrant, full of life and colourfully chaotic these narrow streets can be. On those streets, it's not uncommon to see men and women of all age sitting and chitchatting with their neighbours, loitering or popping to one of the myriad of small stores or kiosks to buy candy, fried chicken or a single dose of dishwashing soap.

Now, those are the kind of streets that looks like social hubs just as much as they are conduits for transit. If a foreigner were to venture into those streets, they will realise that people, including girls, might be a lot friendlier, take an interest in them, even just because they look different. Talking to these people in these location would be tantamount of talking to them in their own homes.

Too bad most foreigners don't know. Maybe the best kept secret of Philippine social life...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

mrgaijin123 wrote:
I noticed that you never came back and wrote only 1 comment so far - despite you received several replies from members who have been in the Philippines for a considerable long time.

When do we hear from you again?