Video: Guy Buys Wife from a Bar in the Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Video: Guy Buys Wife from a Bar in the Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 6:55 pm
Obviously there are lots of idiots in the world who marry bar girls....
Why - because they're stupid, they go to Thailand (usually) they have sex on tap as long as they're paying the very reasonable rates for long time sex there so they think they can have this on a permanent basis if they marry them
True! The point is about MARRIAGE!

You can live in Thailand with a bargirl for a while, even long-term - if you pay her, but often a bargirl has a Thai boyfriend who will take some money away from her.

The remaining money she gets from a foreign man in return of sex for live-in in his room will often be sent to her parents etc...

Bargirls are often very unserious and irresponsible - despite they are young they are not so healthy anymore, some are violent too and often into drugs and alcohol, no feeling of shame, take money but also waste money without any consideration...

Legally seen, the status in Thailand of a foreign man with his Thai bargirl is much better for him than in the pro-feminist world like in Europe or in USA -

however only in case IF the following conditions are fulfilled:

1 - You live in a condominium unit - landtitle is registered in your name only (right of the landlord applies, which is very strong in Thailand)
but a foreigner cannot be the owner of a house/land!
2 - not married by Thai law (common household laws - co-habitation - when living together do not apply to unmarried couples)
3 - her address is not registered with the address of your condo-unit (usually bargirls are from somewhere and her ID shows the address of her home province) - do not sign any legal paper - address notification etc.) which shows she moved into your rooms with your permission

In case of trouble with such a bargirl, IF these 3 points apply just pack her things - out with her and change the door-locks. Finished.
I am sure these men have brothers, fathers, friends, sons etc who tell them but they're not listening because they're f***ing stupid....
I have never met a foreign man in Thailand - and I am visiting Thailand since more than 40 years - who did listen to me -
the stupid reply when infected with 'yellow fever' is some angry nonsense talk like 'my bargirl is different'....Hopeless...

I have seen so many crazy foreign men in Thailand, I often fail to blame the Thai women if they take advantage of them financially.

A few cases I remember well of men living in Pattaya:

1 -
Foreign man buys the bargirl a motorcycle (and not the cheapest one) in her name and agrees she keeps the motorcycle owner book - about 14 days later the motorcycle ended up in pawn shop.

2 -
Foreign man buys the bargirl a small attached house for a shop - her name is in the land title (as foreigners cannot register such a property) after a month or so it is sold...bargirl disappeared.

3 -
Foreigner buys land in a rural area for her parents - legal papers all in Thai, signs everything despite unable to read it - finds out after being kicked out that he owns nothing... just nothing ....

4 -
Foreigner 50+ y/o arrives in Pattaya with more than 50 million baht in his banking account (about USD 1.5 million) - starts a crazy life-style with rented penthouse, expensive cars, exclusive restaurants and plenty of girls.... bankrupt after about 14 months
This amount of money could be enough for a nice modest life-style up to end of his life!

5 -
Foreigner from Australia marries (!) a Thai woman from the beach, after one year she files for divorce with assistance of an Australian lawyer, got 50% of his savings in Australia - legally possible, despite both of them never visited Australia during the time of their marriage!
Feminist laws can follow you up to Thailand!

-----------------------------------------

6 -
Foreigner lives with a Thai bargirl - I noticed she was a bit strange, she could not look at you, her eyes always moving around....typical drug abuser, got violent in his home smashing the furniture - removed by police (against a little tip)

Met him again after one year, I could not believe it, the same woman again with him - she was lying on the floor, kissing his feet, begging for forgiveness and this idiot let her in again.

Same anger issues again, furniture smashed, he was threatened with a knife, kicked out .... again police assistance was necessary.

Never accept the same girl again after you kick her out, especially not a drug abuser - but at least in his case, all 3 points above were valid.
Just paid a tip for the police and a farewell tip to her and police brought her to the long-distance bus station and made sure she was leaving Pattaya back to her home province.
Last edited by Yohan on December 13th, 2023, 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Video: Guy Buys Wife from a Bar in the Philippines, He Gets More Than He Paid For

Post by yick »

I think the subject is massively fascinating @Yohan it is not unknown for some of these men to marry more than one bargirl, I have heard such a man who has married three, one after another with the same result which is divorce and destruction - I have no idea why anyone would divorce their wife back home, go to Thailand and go on to buy another wedding cake - especially middle aged men with kids, a mortgage to pay, alimony to the ex wife etc - I can imagine all those stories as you listed above being very common in the scheme of things where men get fleeced of their worldly wealth which they have worked very long and hard for by a sociopathic twat who left school at nine! You can't help these men whatsoever and like you say, you try and advise them and the situation is hopeless and some of them don't even learn from their first mistake, they go on to do it again! :lol:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

@yick

There is a difference between women in Western countries and women living in Asia - for Western women divorce is a business - but for Asian women - Thailand but also Philippines (which has no divorce but only a costly annulment of a marriage) a divorce is often NOT a business.

In Thailand for example, the condominium unit (if registered BEFORE marriage and fully paid with the foreigner's name in the landtitle) cannot be transferred to the Thai woman in case of divorce, even not if she has children, or even not if she was living with him in the same rooms, married for 20 years - totally different from Western laws.

The condo-unit belongs to him - for always.

(China also changed a few years ago the property law, which is now similar to Thai law. In the past the man and his parents bought a house and after a few years they divorced and the ex-wife got the house... there were plenty of complaints...)

Therefore Thai bargirls try to get out as much money as possible from a foreign man while they are living together, often over several years. This gives a foreign man often the impression, they are patient, even submissive etc. - and they are shocked when running out of money that these Thai bargirls are not what they expected them to be - Alimony, child support etc. does not exist, therefore they steal the very last day whatever is possible, as much as they can, take the children and they just disappear, moving away, foreign guy already forgotten...

Stories are known about foreign men who came back to their condo-unit after a few hours and they found an empty room, all gone.... furniture, lights, kitchen materials, washing machine, television etc. etc.