Thinking about visiting Thailand.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Thinking about visiting Thailand.

Post by cadams84 »

I was wanting to take some Muay Thai at this place in Pattaya. http://www.kombatgroup.com/

What are the chances of meeting some ladies in that area?

Everyone wants ladies, and fighting while on holiday right? This is my first trip to asia what should I know do before visiting the area?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Thailand is a good place to visit for food and hookers. It is not a very good place to meet a 'good' lady for anything serious. Most ladies that like foreigners do so for finacial reasons or because no Thai wants them. There are exceptions to the rule of course. But I am talking about the general tendency.

For good ladies, I recommend the Philippines, not Thailand.

Source: spent years in both Thailand and the Philippines.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

So for a good time go to Thailand, and for a relationship go to Phil? Where will I be less likely to pickup STDs?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pattaya has one of the biggest bar areas I heard. Should be very exciting. Read up on it before you go. There's lots of websites about Pattaya. Some guys like it more than the Philippines, others vice versa.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

cadams84 wrote:So for a good time go to Thailand, and for a relationship go to Phil? Where will I be less likely to pickup STDs?
There is very little SDT in the tourist areas of both places. There is more HIV in Thailand than in the RP ( Rep. of the Philippines) but again very little in tourist areas. Just wear a condom and avoid cunnilingus without a dental dam ( easier said than done) .
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

Thanks for the replies. I have been talking to a few people online and they have me thinking China, or taking martial arts in Phillippines may be options as well for good places to take a martial arts course while on holiday. It is really hard to decide.

I will have to do a lot of research, and a lot of question asking on forums. :P

I guess I have a better chance of getting HIV/AIDS in DC than in Asia. I saw a news story that said 3% Of the Washington, DC population has HIV/AIDS. Like 1 out of 10 people between the ages of 41, and 49 or something like that. That is something to worry about. :S
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

You could learn Arnis in the Philippines. I took a bit of this for a few months when I first came to Philippines, but couldn't keep up with it cause I started studying for a MA degree. There was a group that met in Rizal Park on Sundays that would teach you for free. You could also pay the two master trainers private lessons pretty cheap. On Sunday night they usually have various martial arts displays from different schools showing off. A good way to find a school or trainer that works for you.

Some info:
http://www.imafp.com/misc/about.html

If your just looking for short time fun, Thailand is better. Girls are a bit funner to hang out with and better in bed. Filipina's can speak better English and sometimes look better physically but they can be a bit boring to hang out with after a while and most of them are not very adventurous in the bedroom when compared with Thai girls. But I would agree Filipinas are generally better in a relationship. Just be prepared whether it is a Thai or Filipina girl, they generally aren't that bright. (but that can be a good thing if you now how to sweat talk girls as they believe most any BS if you do it right, especially the younger ones) Also they can both get reasonably emotional if they can't get their way, with Thai's being much worse with temper tantrums than Filipina's although they both act like 10 year old children when mad. Thai's just tend to be more violent and vocal where Filipina's are mostly just vocal when mad. I find there will be STD's in any area that supports prostitution, its always going to be a gamble. But in both countries you can get meds without a prescription so its not a big deal if your smart enough to figure out what you might have procured from the ladies of the night...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S, in what way are Thai girls more fun to hang out with? You said they aren't bright either right? Do you mean their personality is more fun? If so, in what way?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I don' know they seem to be more open minded and crazier/free spirited, but not exactly in a western sense. Basically Filippinos bore me after a while as they have nothing to talk about and they even know how to speak English! Whereas Thai girls often have trouble with many English words but they seemed to always try to make an effort and had something to say even if you couldn't totally understand them. They seemed to be more outgoing and adventurous, at least that was my perspective. I think though it really depends on the person as like others have said some people don't like them. Appearances are a big deal over there so if you are considered attractive looking they treat you better there, thats for sure and I know. I don't know how I would be treated now as I have aged a bit but I think I would still do ok.

The biggest issue I had with Thai woman is that they have emotional issues and can be mental cases. They seem to hold all their emotions inside until they explode on you at periodic times. They also get super jealous if you are dating them and they find out you are going out with other girls. I don't know its fun like living on the wild side for a bit with someone. But deep down you know there could never be anything long term. Well at least I knew that, most guys in Thailand don't seem to get that part...

They can be the sweetest thing one minute and turn into your worst nightmare the next... It's a serious roller coaster ride, that's why so many western guys that hate the rigid systems of the west like Thailand cause its so free flowing there, even more than PI in many cases.

Ahhhh, memories last forever... :P

Let's just say I have been in PI for five years or more now and Thailand all together maybe one year and I have way more interesting stories to tell from there than I do from PI!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It sounds like I would really enjoy Thailand then. I like free flowing crazy freespirited types of people and atmosphere. It makes me feel alive. Nothing is worse than the rigidity of countries like the US and Taiwan where people only work and go home and that's it. There's no fun, adventure, dramas, hot girls, etc. to make me feel alive, and worst of all, if you complain about it, people think you're a freak cause you aren't supposed to do that and it's outside their reality paradigms. The exciting life in America that you see in Hollywood movies happens only for a small percentage of people who are well connected.

Maybe sometime you could post some pics of Thai girls you met in this forum?

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

One time in Pattaya I went to a bar/restaurant/hotel that actually had a big aquarium tank like you would see at a marine zoo and there were naked Thai girls swimming around and diving under the water while you drank! I don't know if it's still there but where else can you see something like that?

You can find thousands of Thai chick pictures and vids online which are probably better than any of mine as I'm not really a picture person. Plus I don't have any kind of an online photo album account anywhere where I keep pictures. They are all whore and drunk bar pictures anyways so who wants to be reminded of that?

Now keep in mind the middle and upper class Thai's are snobs and act like typical Asians who are anal retentive. It's the bar girls and lower class girls who can be fun cause they don't need to worry abut impressing anyone as they are considered pieces of shit in their country's social hierarchy and can't really get out of it unless they marry a rich guy or foreigner.