Ukraine Independence Day Today Aug 24/15

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ukraine Independence Day Today Aug 24/15

Post by ladislav »

Supposedly, we can watch it live on Ukraine Today.

Just gotta look for it on YouTube if interested.

That is a preview, to my eye they're starting to look more and more like Israel. Heavily militarized- with women in the army. The soldiers look tougher and tougher- they looked like a bunch of metrosexual sissies when the Russians invaded. No more. The Brits have trained them and so did the Americans. The UA military is getting stronger by the month.

So, whoever wants to watch, that might be interesting for some. It's history in the making.

In the meantime, a patriotic song:

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Re: Ukraine Independence Day Today Aug 24/15

Post by BlackKnight »

I might check it out. I just came from the front line.

I really don't think either side really wants that separatist enclaves in eastern Ukraine. The cost to rebuild will be in the billions plus all the pension money that would have to be paid. Russia just wants to destabilize Ukraine to get a more favorable position. However, they are running out of time. Russia use to have substantial foreign currency reserves. This enabled the Russian Central Bank to engineer a 30 percent rebound in the ruble from its low point by spending about $100 billion and arranging a $24 billion swap line with the People’s Bank of China. But only about $150 billion of the remaining reserves are liquid and the crisis is still at an early stage. As George Soros said: Putin’s ambition to recreate a Russian empire has unintentionally helped bring into being a new Ukraine that is opposed to Russia and seeks to become the opposite of the old Ukraine with its endemic corruption and ineffective government. But the old Ukraine is far from dead. It dominates the civil service and the judiciary, and remains very present in the private (oligarchic and kleptocratic) sectors of the economy. Why should state employees work for practically no salary unless they can use their position as a license to extort bribes? And how can a business sector that was nurtured on corruption and kickbacks function without its sweeteners? These retrograde elements are locked in battle with the reformists.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

ladislav wrote:Supposedly, we can watch it live on Ukraine Today.

Just gotta look for it on YouTube if interested.

That is a preview, to my eye they're starting to look more and more like Israel. Heavily militarized- with women in the army. The soldiers look tougher and tougher- they looked like a bunch of metrosexual sissies when the Russians invaded. No more. The Brits have trained them and so did the Americans. The UA military is getting stronger by the month.

So, whoever wants to watch, that might be interesting for some. It's history in the making.

In the meantime, a patriotic song:

The Russians invaded??? Guess I missed that.

If Uncle Bully and the Jewish oligarch/Neonazi thug junta government in Kiev continue to provoke Russia, the Bear will roll over your crack Israeli-like troops in less than a day.

Give the propaganda a rest. The west is thoroughly saturated with it. The Obama administration has moved on to trying to bully China now, since Russia hasn't folded. The media, and you, haven't gotten the message yet.
William77
Freshman Poster

Post by William77 »

Oh, it was a great celebration, I guess! I even bought embroideries for me and my family. Also we ordered some ukrainian food for supper from Buy-ukrainian http://buy-ukrainian.com/food . Besides we were walking around in ukrainian national clothes and everybody was taking pictures of us. So nice!